Quantcast Just an idea for coffee lovers at the values....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Just an idea for coffee lovers at the values....

Just wanted to share an idea I had (and am now doing... ) for any coffee lovers out there staying at a value resort.

I am admittedly a Starbucks lover... not a Starbucks snob, mind you, I can enjoy a good cup of coffee from anywhere... but in the morning, what I CAN'T do is get ready without my full, hot, coffee cup next to me.

I tried last time I went on a girlfriends' wknd and stayed at a value... tried to get by with lukewarm Ghiradelli's hot cocoa 'til I could get to the food court on my way to the bus stop (because I am also admittedly too lazy to walk all that way pre-shower... ...) but that was NOT working for me.

So, this time?? Fast forward two years and a couple of good ideas later... I have ordered a single-serve coffemaker from Target, and am having it delivered, in my name, to my resort a day or two before I arrive!! Yes, I'm paying $19.99 for the coffeemaker... and $6.50 shipping... but 5 mornings of Starbucks waiting for me when my alarm goes off is worth every penny to me. (and of course, I'm sharing with the rest of the gang, so that's even better!!)

So... there it is... do with it what you will, but for anyone out there with serious coffee issues at a resort w/o coffeemakers -- I hope it helped!!

(and for anyone wondering what will happen to it afterwards... if I can fit it in my carry-on w/ souveneirs, it might come home w/ me... but more than likely it will reside w/ a friend in Orlando to use or give to anyone else to use in a similar situation. )
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Blythe,
    I bring my own too!! It is just a hot pot because I only use instant at home, but it is NOT the brand sold at Disney in the resorts..
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Blythe,
    I bring my own too!! It is just a hot pot because I only use instant at home, but it is NOT the brand sold at Disney in the resorts..
    Great minds think alike!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a great idea for folks at the moderates as well. I don't care for the coffee you can get on property.
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finaldynasty View Post
    I think this is a great idea for folks at the moderates as well. I don't care for the coffee you can get on property.
    At the moderates (and even the deluxes, although I've only ever stayed at AKL...) I bring my Starbucks... and Splenda, a miniature Coffeemate and some of my own tea. My DH always says I have to bring home w/ me... Oh, and coffee filters, as they only supply coffee in those little bags, and thus supply no filters themselves. Details, details...
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

I always bring my own coffemaker and coffee. It would be cruel to my family if I were without coffee...

But it also works to heat water for instant oatmeal and hot chocolate for the kids in the mornings too.
    Everybody has a Laughing Place, a Laughing Place to go oh oh. Take that frown and turn it upside down, and you'll find yours we know oh oh.

Post Thanks / Like

We bring a small pot with us too. You may also want to try some of the Starbucks instant coffee it's not too bad.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I must be the only one, but I can't stand Starbucks coffee. Give me my Keurig and Newman K-cups anyday.
    Now if Disney offered them, I would be a happy lady!
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Individual coffee makers are so convenient and make really good coffee! A good idea to get your coffee fix at WDW.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    I must be the only one, but I can't stand Starbucks coffee. Give me my Keurig and Newman K-cups anyday.
    Now if Disney offered them, I would be a happy lady!
    I am more of a Dunkins type of guy. I lived in Andover, MA and Narragansett, RI for a good number of years after college. Starbucks is my second or third favorite. I like Community Coffee, which my office has...if Dunkins had individual packs...wow!
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I actually have a little 4 pot drip coffee maker like the resorts have. We look a small cooler and put the coffee maker in the cooler and placed it in a back pack and took it as carry on when we flew during our May trip, LOL. We needed a "fridge and coffee pot" so we brought our own. It worked great. I did ship all of our bottled water, food and stuff to the resort before we got there. We had plenty of bottled water and soda and only bought drinks when we were at TS restaurants. I never bought coffee or OJ for my DD as we had shipped that too. With a little planning...you can make these things work.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    I must be the only one, but I can't stand Starbucks coffee.
    I don't care much for it either. I know I will be laughed at....but Folgers is fine with me.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
    I don't care much for it either. I know I will be laughed at....but Folgers is fine with me.
    I take Folgers Instant with me!!!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

I also do not care for Starbucks and I think Dunkin Donuts is too expensive, even to brew at home. Give me my Maxwell House!

Last time at a value, we "borrowed" a coffeemaker from another message board and took the Maxwell House filter packs. We also use those at resorts that provide coffeemakers. I might take my own coffeemaker or hotpot next time. I use the Folgers singles at work and like those just fine too.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethis26fan View Post
    You may also want to try some of the Starbucks instant coffee it's not too bad.
    I always wondered how they tasted. Seems like there are several flavors out (9 flavors on the Starbucks website).
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

yes- the Starbucks Via (their instant coffee) passed the smell test, so-to-speak for my SO, and she is quite fussy. It's not that she's even a huge Starbucks fan, she just likes a decent cup of coffee. She was quite pleased with the Via. We'll definitely bring it again on our next trip.
    July 1976-Off Site
    March 1993-Off-Site
    Oct. 1994-Port Orleans
    Feb. 1997-Port Orleans
    Dec. 1998-Dixie Landings-Cruise-Dixie Landings
    Nov. 2001-Caribbean Beach
    Nov. 2004-POR-CRUISE-POR
    Sept 2005 DL Paradise Pier
    Dec. 2006 POP
    Dec. 2007 CR
    Nov. 2008- POR
    Oct. 2010 BWV
    Nov. 2011 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debandbub View Post
    yes- the Starbucks Via (their instant coffee) passed the smell test, so-to-speak for my SO, and she is quite fussy. It's not that she's even a huge Starbucks fan, she just likes a decent cup of coffee. She was quite pleased with the Via. We'll definitely bring it again on our next trip.
    I think we might be taking some of the Via with us next time we go, too.
    We got samples at Costco and were surprised how good it was. We don't do Starbucks at home, but this will be a nice alternative for DH to the coffee they offer in the food courts.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: