Quantcast Carribean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carribean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside?

Still trying to decide when we will go (which will be late in 2011) but I am also trying to decide which resorts to pick.

We are trying to visit each Resort at least once and you can see by my signature that we have already visited POR (which so far is my favorite). Staying at a Deluxe still isn't really in the budget, I am hoping when DD starts at WDW's College Program that we will get a decent discount on things to justify some Deluxe stays.

So, I the meantime....I am trying to decide to Revisit POR because we both sort of miss it and I am hoping that some it not all of the resort would be finished with renovations by our stay. Or continue with our plan and visit CBR since it is the last moderate we have not visited.

Any thoughts on our decision? I really liked the atmosphere at POR and size for either resort is not an issue with us. I also really remember liking the Pasta Bar at the food court at POR.

Thanks!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As you can tell from my sig -- we have been to POR several times. The one time we went to CBR I just kept missing POR. Nothing wrong with CBR, but I was just so used to POR--I felt something was missing.

Can't go wrong either way

Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed at CBR in December. I loved the grounds. Very tropical. White sand beaches, pirate themed large pool. I would suggest the Martinique section, as it is close to OPR food court/arcade/gift shop and the main pool. We were in building 25, building 26 is just a little closer. The busses were a non issue. They were always coming by. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I stayed at POR on my first trip, and I definitely have not missed it. Got stuck in the Alligator Bayou, and I wouldn't go back unless I was guaranteed to get a Mansion room.

My second trip, I stayed at CBR. All I could think about was how much CBR kicked POR's backside. I loved the tropical feel, loved the colors, and loved the short bus rides to DHS and Epcot. You need to try this resort. You'll love it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I Liked CBR and really liked POR. If you really desire to try all the resorts at least once I would go for CBR. It is different but really cool on it's own. Give it a go. If you don't you might regret it later on.I really enjoyed the Pirate themed rooms, but they also have Nemo ones. No themed rooms yet at POR.
    DLR many times,April '05 Pop Century,April '08 POR,DLR April '09,CBR Dec '09,POR Sept '10,April '12 Universal's RPRH then Disney's POR,Feb '14 AKL,DLR July '15,APR '17 POR, JAN '18 DCL, JUL '18 ASMu,DEC '18 "NYE" AoA-Nemo,FEB '20 AoA-LK
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE POR but am staying at CBR next trip for exactly the reason you mention - wanting to try different resorts. In fact I'm going all out and splitting between CBR and AKL ;-) Yes, I actually AM a little afraid that I'll feel disappointed and miss POR, but I've decided it would be worse not to try the others. I've decided that part of the whole Disney experience is sampling "new" things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote I loved the grounds. Very tropical. White sand beaches, pirate themed large pool. I would suggest the Martinique section, as it is close to OPR food court/arcade/gift shop and the main pool. We were in building 25, building 26 is just a little closer. The buses were a non issue. They were always coming by. I would not hesitate to stay there again.[/QUOTE]
    We stayed in Jamaica just a short walk over the bridge.. The food court was good , for a CS (DDP) at breakfast a great choice to eat and go , buses picked you just out front of food court.
    No real complaints and the DW wanted to feel she was in the Caribbean.
    "Wheres my super suit! "

Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

Bronson

Post Thanks / Like

I too, have stayed at POR and loved it, but like you, I want to try more different resorts, so CBR is up next for us in February. I'm actually really looking forward to it, because I think CBR will have that nice "quiet" feel that POR does, with lots of quiet walking paths. The bright tropical colours of the buildings and white sandy beaches are calling my name...
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Because our family size just jumped to 5 we are pretty much limited to POR for the moderates, which is good because I love AB.

Before kids my wife and I did do one trip at CBR, stayed in Jamaica (very good location). I liked it. The quiet pools were kind of boring as I recall. It's a spacious resort, very open feeling compared to POR. POR has the river and all the trees, landscaping (especially in the AB section) that it feels more secluded, where as I seem to recall CBR feeling much more open.

I preferred POR, but I'd still stay at CBR again. Really can't go wrong. I think in your situation I'd want to try something different.

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down, my overall favorite moderate resort is CSR...but for reason POR keeps calling me back!! I really don't think you can wrong with any of the resorts so maybe you should give CBR a try. But if you are anything like me and my family POR will always call you back!
    ASSp, ASMovies, POP
    CSR, POR, CBR
    WL, YC/BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
    So, I the meantime....I am trying to decide to Revisit POR because we both sort of miss it and I am hoping that some it not all of the resort would be finished with renovations by our stay.
    I read that they anticipate the POR refurbs taking 12-15 months to complete, and are expected to start this spring. So if you're going the end of this year, I don't think they will be done. I also read they are refurbing the elevators at POR too, which they aren't doing at POFQ, which adds another element to the time frame. We always stay at POR because we are scared to stray from what we know we like when spending this amount of money, but CBR is definitely my next choice if we ever decide to try something new.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never stayed at POR, but I have stayed at Caribbean Beach... I love Caribbean Beach!!!! One thing about the resort is, depending where you are, you may be a little walk away from the food court... Which to me is not an issue... it isn't a hike, so it is not all that bad... I don't recall how the buses ran though...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you are attempting to stay at as many different resorts as you can, then CBR is a no-brainer. It's not like you won't be immersed in the Disney atmosphere. We've stayed at both, and enjoyed them equally. Even if it leaves you wanting to stay at POR again, that's one more excuse to plan another trip. A win/win if you ask me!!
    Charnabog1326

Lost count of visits to WDW since 1987
    3 visit to DL since 2008

Future Plans: retire and become a cast member!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog1326 View Post
    Even if it leaves you wanting to stay at POR again, that's one more excuse to plan another trip. A win/win if you ask me!!
    I like your way of thinking!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't really enjoy our stay at CBR but loved POR. We stayed at CBR before the renovations though. If your goal is to stay at every resort, you'll have to leave POR sometime. Give it a whirl. I also recommend Jamaica. We could see some of the fireworks from our room there.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all the moderate resorts and POR was by far our least favorite. We were in AB and I can almost say we hated it. I have no desire to ever stay there again. CBR was one of our favorites. We've stayed there twice now. Of all the moderates it's my kids favorite overall. They loved the pirate rooms and the main pool. So if you have kids I think they'd love this resort. If given the choice of moderate my kids would pick CBR over and over again hands down. I think you should give it a try.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: