Quantcast How much would you pay for a really good dinner? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We would be willing to splurge on a meal, but the food quality, service and overall experience would really have to match the price tag. Can't say V&A is on our wish list right now, but it might be down the road.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Yes, I'm a normal person and my husband and I enjoy fine dining and culinary adventures.
    Life is short. I'm living it.
    Upon first reading this thread, I couldn't help but fully agree with Sherri's post. It pretty much summed up my feelings. We eat one sit-down every day at WDW, and most of those are signatures. We work hard, we indulge when we like.

And then I came to this post...
    Quote Originally Posted by AHOTE View Post
    Six months ago I would have said no way to such a dining experience.
    For the past three years I’ve been the primary care giver for a parent with dementia. I cherish that experience and wouldn’t change a thing even though it’s been difficult at times. Mom is now in the care of professionals who are better able to see to her ever changing needs. Sitting in the common room at the care center my thoughts turned to those in the room. I wondered what were they like before dementia robbed them of their achievements and memories? It made me realized that I too could one day be in that same position. You can never tell what lays ahead and I decided right then and there that I’m not going live my life regretting the fact that I haven’t done more of the things I’ve dreamed about.
    I no longer save things for a special occasion. Special occasions come and go all the time and those saved items remain unused and forgotten on the shelf.
    While it is important to exercise financial restraint/responsibility, it is also important to live your life.
    What's the old expression? No one was ever on their death-bed saying, "I wish I had spent more time at the office..."
    Well, I won't be saying that I wish I had tried this or that experience.
    To AHOTE, best wishes to you and yours.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

......for a "really fine" meal...(one that includes several courses...or has extraordinary menu choices)....I'd be willing to pay up to $130 per person.....(hoping that at least a glass of wine or maybe a special brew beer was included). There are sometimes when you just have to say..."what the heck"...and live a little. I've been married 28 years....and our FIRST vacation since our honeymoon...happened only 6 years ago. So...an occassional splurge is okay..and I really don't worry about cutting corners while on the one vacation per year that we now insist on.

....as a side note...I will not...however....pay +$300 dollars for caviar from Iran!! Particularly when there is some really great domestic caviar now on the market for 1/4 of that price.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    ....as a side note...I will not...however....pay +$300 dollars for caviar from Iran!! Particularly when there is some really great domestic caviar now on the market for 1/4 of that price.
    Now, if that caviar was from Persia - it would be a whole different story

On a more serious note, as much as DH and I love food - I don't know if we would do V&A. The most expensive meal we ever did OOP was Ohana's for 5 of us. On the old "free" dining plan DH and I had appies, lobster, steak, and desserts at Narcoossee's. Definitely something we would not have done OOP, but it was a wonderful dining experience.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

we go out to fancy places around our home town... what i find really jacks up the prices at most fine dinning establishments is the alchy... But really (outside of disney) you get what you pay for. Do i feel that paying $130 for 2 at cindy's table is the best value? heck NO! would i do it again... sure would, i love eating in the castle (and meeting the princesses) hehe

We are on the Deluxe Dining plan coming up in Dec... I can not wait to eat!!!! ha
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: