Quantcast It's a REALLY Small World! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Our experience occurred on the first weekend in May 2009. We are there at DL on Sunday, which was "Bat Day" and the place is a zoo. We started over in Calif Adventure and then wandered over to DL in the afternoon. So we are in line at Thunder Mtn and as we get to the top of the stairs, I look back to see if there is a line for the rear-most car, which we prefer.

Who do I see but my daughter who lives in Utah and her husband. We had no idea they were going to be there that weekend nor they us. It was a nice reunion.
    Richard

1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 All Star Music
    2004 Coronado Springs
    2006 All Star Music
    2007 CBR
    Sept 20 - Oct 1 2009 CBR

Disneyland - since the 50's - too many times to count (DD used to work the Jungle Cruise so we got in for FREE!!!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In June 2008 I was in line at Spaceship Earth and turned around to see two ladies who worked at the college I attended for undergrad! I hadn't seen them in about 3 years and I also went to the same dance studio with one of the ladies' daughter! I was there for vacation but they snuck away from the conference they were attending for a few hours. It was very surreal!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I have had 2 "small world" experiences at WDW they both involved the same people and the same place! I am originally from Minnesota but moved to Florida as a young adult to attend a nursing program. My parents came down to visit when I graduated and we went to the Magic Kingdom for the day. While we were walking across the bridge to Tomorrowland, we ran across my old bosses from the Dairy Queen that I worked at while I was in high school. Strangely enough, 10 years later when I was at the Magic Kingdom with my husband and son, we ran across them again at pretty much the same spot! This time they had two grandchildren in tow. It was very much a sense of deja vu!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a teenager I was traveling home from Disney and our group had to be split up on the plane. As I talked with the nice couple next to me I discovered they were high school classmates of my father.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time we visit during Mardi Gras, we run into people that we know. Having lived in various places in South Louisiana for most of our lives, we always run into someone from home. I think most of the state exits during Mardi Gras and goes on vacation.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We have bumped into people we knew from back home plenty of times. We have bumped into people we have been in line and chatted with during a trip.

The only Christmas we were in Mk it was so crowded that we motioned another family to sit with us, turns out they lived 3 blocks from us back in Maryland.

It is very interesting to say the least. And a pleasant experience as well.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was in high school we ran into a family at EPCOT that lived in the same neighborhood as us. We didn't even know we were going to be down there at the same time.

Two years ago, a friend of DD's from preschool was down there at the same time we were. We bumped into his family just outside Animal Kingdom Lodge - they were staying there, we were just there dining at Boma.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Once I went to Taco Bell and met these people. And in the Magic Kindgdom on the 4th day of our 2009 trip we saw them. On Small World too! So, yes it is a small world!
    June 2002 - AS Movies
    June 2006 - Pop Century
    June 2008 - AS Music
    June 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
    May - June 2010 - POR
    July 2011 - Pop Century
    July 2012 - POFQ
    June 2013 - POFQ
    March 2014 - AS Sports
    July 2014 - AKL
    Everything is better with a little magic!

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread how cute are these stories! I love the husband and wife one, how awesome.

Ok so here's ours. DH and I were at Disney during F&W a couple years ago and there was a Buckeyes game on and we wanted catch at least part of it so we went to the ESPN bar at Boardwalk. Of course there were other Buckeye fans there so we ended up chatting with this couple. Turns out they work as teachers with my really good friends husband he is their principle. I was in their principles wedding. That was really cool, especially since they liked him.
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

A few times we have gone we have had the same thing happen. It was even one time we were comming off a ride and all of a sudden we hear that looks like my FIL. I turned and then my DH heard it too. It ened up being someone that had moved to FL about 10 years ago and we had not seen them since our wedding over 15 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I've told this story on here a couple of times, but I don't see it on this thread....

My DW and I were on vacation in Illinois and ran into her best friend and husband from college on the street. We actually were living in Illinois at the time, but they lived in southern Cal. Then, less than 12 months later, we're at Epcot taking a restroom break on the walkway by Odyssey, and I hear from behind me, "NO WAY!". Turn around, and there they are again. It was really cool to run into them twice on vacation in the same year.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: