Quantcast Lost Items on rides????

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost Items on rides????

I was just wondering how many people have lost an item (hat, wallet, shoe) on a ride at Disney and were you able to retrieve it??? My brother lost a Special Edition Donald hat on Splash Mountain one time and it was never heard from again. Also, after a while what is actually done with all the nick-nacks they collect at the lost and found that are never claimed??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be suprised if anyone has had anything returned. I lost my RedSox hat on Splash Mountain. I checked back at the park 2 days later and nothing. I called back a week, 2 weeks, and 4 weeks later...and still nothing. Pretty sure all that stuff is deposited in a little place called Reddy Creek Refuse and Disposal.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Never lost anything but I know that once I saw some lady who was French with her daughter, she was so mad that she didn't find her camera after soarin. The CM asked what row are you in? The girl said I DON'T KNOW. The CM just took it as a joke. When you ride BTM they look in the baskets before you leave if I remember right.

It's time to remember the magic!

Post Thanks / Like

I lost a hat on Splash mountain also. My own fault. Should have sat on it. Checked back for several days while we were still at WDW but it never turned up. It probably stayed underwater on the bottom somewhere until the attraction was drained for refurb.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

At Test Track, we usually always found lost sunglasses, cell phones, wallets, even hats. If hats were lost outside sometimes it took a day to get it turned in, but most stuff was found at close or during open. The only stuff that never got turned in was articles that landed under the tires.

I'm not sure how much of a secret it is, if it is one at all, but all lost and found that is not claimed goes to a cast member exclusive store after 60 or 90 days and is available to purchase for very little cost. If you ever lose something valuable make sure he keep calling every day until it is returned to you. You wouldn't believe how many cast members are wearing 100 dollar sunglasses that were bought for 5 dollars at the store.
    Ex Track Tech
    Student of Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Post Thanks / Like

1. My husband left our entire backpack with EVERYTHING in it on a bus. We got it back 2 hours later.

2. My little boy forgot Pal Mickey on the Monorail. Got it back.

3. My little boy lost Pal Mickey AGAIN on a ride. Got it back hours later.

4. I lost my wallet w/$600 cash in it. Got it back one hour later.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiratesLifeForMe3 View Post

I'm not sure how much of a secret it is, if it is one at all, but all lost and found that is not claimed goes to a cast member exclusive store after 60 or 90 days and is available to purchase for very little cost.
    I believe it's called "Property Contol"... Disney will sell anything it can. You'll find everything from guest clothing, cameras, sunglasses, old souvies, broken returns, damaged inventory, etc.

All fairly cheap... I think I paid about $20 for someones camera once. Tag said, like new, only dropped once. j/k

Post Thanks / Like

In August my m-i-l left her cell phone charger in the room when we switched resorts. She didn't realize it for a couple days. When we contacted "Lost & Found" they said to c'mon over and pick out one that fits the phone since they had dozens of them.

A few years ago my daughter left her backback on Buzz Lightyear. It had all her cash and room key in it and she was crushed. After checking with the ride CMs and City Hall, my wife went back to the ride about 2 hrs later and they had it.
    Not a penny had been taken, everything was in it exactly the way she had it. In general I don't have very high expectations for people, but I guess in this instance the proverbial Disney Magic came into play.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

I've checked lost and found many times and have had about 50% of my stuff returned. Thankfully we've never lost anything of great value. Most items were less than $20.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I believe it's called "Property Contol"... Disney will sell anything it can. You'll find everything from guest clothing, cameras, sunglasses, old souvies, broken returns, damaged inventory, etc.

All fairly cheap... I think I paid about $20 for someones camera once. Tag said, like new, only dropped once. j/k
    I never had the heart to go in and buy something that a guest lost or left behind (even though I browsed), but the broken/damaged store merchandise made great presents.
    Ex Track Tech
    Student of Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Post Thanks / Like

DH lost his hat on Slash Mountain.

And my toddler DS threw his shoe off the monorail.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Daughter left stuff on Dinosaur. Realized it right away. They sent us to the photo area to find out what vehicle we were in, they waited until it cycled through the ride again and got the stuff out of the vehicle.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Default wallet!!

I left my wallet in the bathroom after checking out of WL. We went for breakfast at Chef Mickey's and right after my first cup of coffee, I realized that it was gone. I was panicked - we had to travel that day and my i.d. was in my wallet!

Our mousekeeper had found it and turned it in It did take awhile for us to reach lost and found - kept getting answering machine. And, it did take some time to get the blood pressure back down.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

DS left a backpack at WCC, and we got it back in a few hours. We weren't sure if it was at the restaurant or the boat from WL to MK, but they were very helpful at Guest Services.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

j/k
    Just a clarification if I may. We don't want to give the impression that found items are whisked away to be sold at Property Control. Found items are held at the ride location until the end of the day, and then transferred to a central lost and found area. High value items (cash, purses, wallets, cameras, etc) are turned over to a manager for safekeeping. All lost property is kept for a reasonable time, and in many cases owners are located even after they have returned home. Property Control is the final stop for items that still have some value, but have not been claimed by the owners.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    I lost a hat on Splash mountain also. My own fault. Should have sat on it. Checked back for several days while we were still at WDW but it never turned up. It probably stayed underwater on the bottom somewhere until the attraction was drained for refurb.
    If you lose a hat on a water ride (Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids) you are not likely to get it back. The powerful pumps that keep the water moving on these rides will chew up anything that gets into them.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    Just a clarification if I may.
    And if I may ask, where does the money from Property Control go? Charity? Profit? That's always been a burning question...

Post Thanks / Like

And if I may ask, where does the money from Property Control go? Charity? Profit? That's always been a burning question...
    Good question. I don't know. Some certainly goes to staffing and operating Property Control itself. Beyond that, the money probably goes into the WDW general operating fund. I do know that unclaimed cash found at Animal Kingdom goes to Disney's Animal Conservation Fund charity which supports wildlife protection programs around the world.

BTW, as long as we are on the subject of Property Control, it is far more than a place to sell lost and found items. It is also an outlet for damaged, discontinued and overstocked merchandise from the various park stores. It's a good place for CMs to buy Disney merchandise at a substantial discount. It's a busy place in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Proceeds from any items sold at Property Control are distributed to charities through Disney's community outreach and giving programs (DisneyHAND).

The State of Florida and California each have recommended guidelines on how long an item should be held to allow for it to be claimed- generally, 30 days for most things, but any items that are considered high value like jewelry, watches, etc are to be held for a minimum of 90 days from when they are logged into lost and found.

If items go unclaimed, then they get separated into different groups- items like strollers, wheelchairs or crutches, eyeglasses, or things like new stuffed animals are usually separated out and then given to charities with the remaining items sent off to property control.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    Proceeds from any items sold at Property Control are distributed to charities through Disney's community outreach and giving programs (DisneyHAND).
    That's the answer I was hoping to hear... Thanks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: