We haven't been in a long time and this is the first I have heard of this. I like to hear/read all the dialogue regarding as some are pointing out things I didn't think of...

When we were visiting for a long weekend in July a few years ago it started to downpour like it does nearly every day. My family (DH, and two little DSs) were nearly the ONLY people walking in the rain. Where was everyone? Well, when we went to grab something to eat at Cosmic Rays they were all sitting at the tables not eating anything. We had food and clearly wanted to sit and eat it. Where did we end up? Did someone resting their bones give up their table so we could eat? No, of course not. We ate ON THE FLOOR NEAR THE DOOR. No, I am not kidding you. It was in a space between where people had parked their strollers. Yes, I let my 3 and 18mo eat their meal on the nasty floor. And, no a CM did not help us find a table.

Now, none of us got an illness or a bad disease from eating on the floor, but really? We really had to do that?

I see the flaws with this and I can see how it seems over the top, but in busy times when people are resting their bones WDW is not making money from food. When they can't make money then we will have to expect more gum stuck on things and more rude CMs.