Quantcast The Rav's Storm The Castle!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Rav's Storm The Castle!!

Nov. 6-9

DH - me, met up with the clan
    DW - already planning the next one!
    DS11 - workin' the disney pins
    DS8 - eating his way 'round the world

So a kind of spur-of-the-moment trip for us - my sister-in-law and her brood of 4 (two DS' & two DD's, all 7 yrs. and younger!) planned a trip down. She felt her young ones would be too much so we were recruited to help out....how could we turn it down!!

Everyone but myself flew down on the 4th and I came on the 6th so I will trip report from my timeframe which begins with my plane flight which was HORRIBLE!! I'm not one to fly solo but I know where I'm heading so all's good right? Uggh. We fly Jet Blue and have never had any problems to speak of but my flight was an adventure. We left the terminal on time....and then we pulled off to the side. Air system problems. Wait. And wait. Pilot says we're good and getting back in line.

And we're back out of line. Again. Still problems. May have to go back to the terminal. Nothing. Pilot again. We are going back to the terminal - mechanics need to get involved. Let off the plane. Back on plane for immediate departure. Mmmm, no. Pilot needs to do paperwork first! Finally off. In a nutshell, should have been kissing the DS' and DW around 10 pm but instead find myself staggering around chilly PO-Riverside at 1 am looking for my room. Oh, did I mention, I'm at WDW!!

11/6

Soooo, after some much needed sleep it's off to the parks. Day one it's HS. Hit up TSM where my DS11 took me down not once but twice (must be jetlag!) , backlot tour where my 5 year old nephew began his obsession/fear of "are there any alligators on this ride" mantra, R&RC, DW and TofT....did Lights, Motor,, and noticed that the show left out some stuff - anyone experience this and know why? Oh well. My DS11 begins begging me for a turkey leg, he must have a turkey leg, the fate of the....you get the idea.

Kick out of there as we are off to the MK at night and need to give the wee ones a break. We eat at Boatrights - great appetizers - meet up with the group and we're off. Feel bad for my DBInL lugging his two-person stroller on and off the busses all week. Memories!! Crowds aren't horrible and we do up BTMRR - always cool at night - PofTC w/ more alligator talk from the nephew (I'm now milking this for all it's worth!), back across to Buzz and Speedway with my DS11 while the rest catch the fireworks. Both DS' can drive the cars now so there's renewed interest. Ds scoping out turkey leg spots. Everyone else catches up, another round of Buzz and Speedway and it's a wrap.

No turkey leg.

11/7

The In-Laws are coming! The In-Laws are coming! It's a surprise so the kids get a kick when they show up. Spend some time at the playground area at the resort - watch out for that baby gator Connor! hee-hee....then some lunch and a bit of fishing at the watering hole - barely a nibble - and then off to DTD. Kind of excited as we haven't been there since the DS' were little.

Originally had dinner plans at Captain Jack's but that changed as the weather was down right cold and boating back late with the little ones was not an option. Hung out at the Leggo store where the kids had a blast, my DS8 knocked over a holiday ornament at the big store and was in tears. I strolled out of the leggo store and bopped into the Harley store and checked out a few menus at a few restaurants - didn't spend too much time and I am definately including time here on our next trip down. Doesn't appear to be any turkey legs best I can tell. Dinner back at Boatrights again. Supposed to start warming up tomorrow.

11/8

Breakfast at Kona's - yumm as always. Then off to a day at Epcot. The DS' are old enough to not tire too much and appreciate more of the sights and sounds (and tastes!) here. Hit up TT and Soarin' with little wait times. Light crowds. Spaceship Earth - kids get a kick out of making goofy faces and setting up their future world. Went on Journey Into w/ Figment. I don't know, could probably do a bit more with that one. Yawn. Then off to world showcase. They did the Kim Possible adventure and had a lot of fun with that. Wine & Food Festival - time to knock back some snacks!!
    Some tasty chicken skewers around Mexico - forget the exact country, my always fave Canadian cheese soup, some beer sampling, everything good as always. Back on a few rides and then dinnertime the little ones headed back and DW & I took the 4 oldest and hit up Electric Umbrella. Back on Spaceship Earth and done. Yup, no turkey leg.

11/9

Finishing up with a day at MK - wow crowds are very light. Pretty much did what we wanted; took my turkey leg craving son over to Tom Sawyer Island, everyone on and off BTMRR, yours truly drenched first ride of the day on splash - got it bad when you are heading for the first climb and the logs coming down throw that big goosh of water towards you - PofTC, HM, then across for some Buzz, Speedway, Peter....and BAM! time to go. And although last minute, I figured let me do my dad duty and grab my son that elusive turkey leg! Of course I ask a food server in front of Buzz where to grab a leg and she informs me back over in Frontierland!! Bad timing. Not to be denied, we hightail it over, grab a leg and a water, turn and between quick bites, race back to the busses. Mission accomplished. And that turkey leg never had a chance of seeing the resort as it was devoured on the back of the bus by all. Sweet!!

Overall a bit hectic but still fun trip. Missed some faves - Cape May Buffet, OHanas, IASW (just because), HM, never got to AK, speedboats....but as always our favorite break from reality and gives me a chance to re-visit some missed opportunities next time around!!

March '99 - POFQ
    February '04 - WL
    February '05 - POLY
    November '05 - CB
    October '06 - POLY
    November '07 - POLY / BC
    November ' 08 - BC
    March '10 - WL
    November '10 - POR-Riverside
    November '11 - CSR

Dear departed brother Dave, he chased a bear into a cave

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had an absolute blast with both your immediate and extended family. What a great last-minute surprise!

I gotta ask, who got your nephew onto the alligator tangent?

That's the problem with those darn turkey legs - you can never find 'em when you want 'em! They used to have them at The Lunching Pad right across from Buzz, but I believe they changed that this summer. I hope that leg cured DS of his craving until the next time.

Thanks for sharing!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a grand trip.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report: Hope you get a turkey leg soon

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip! Those cravings cannot be denied - my DD got one the other day for "Disney World mac and cheese" - I had to satisfy her with some Stouffers since our trip is still 2 1/2 months away! Thanks for sharing your adventures!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Despite a rough start, you had a wonderful trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found a turkey leg!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME REPORT!!! I have a 3 yr old so I totally get the alligator fear!!! And those dang TURKEY LEGS are like ghost they are hard to find for sure!!!
    Too many times to count before NOW! 40+

Next trips planned Jan.1-6 2013 ~ ORANGE LAKE RESORT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP