Quantcast Walking from Beach Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walking from Beach Club

Could someone tell me approximately how long of a walk (in whatever terms you would like to use) is it from the Beach Club to Hollywood Studios and also to EPCOT? Would you consider walking the fastest way to get to these 2 parks from the resort? Thank you!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Walking to EPCOT is a leisurely stroll. But walking to HS is about 8/10 of a mile and would take about 20 minutes. The boat takes about 25 minutes. I thoroughly enjoyed the convenience of staying at the BC.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Walking is definitely faster. Last week we had parked at Epcot, but in the middle of the day had gone over to DHS. When it was time to leave, we went to catch a boat, but there was a long line. The boat was just coming up to dock. We decided to walk instead. The boat passed us just before we got to the Swan & Dolphin. But then it had to dock again. We were past the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk side before it even came into view again.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at BC last November and the walk back to the room after our day at Epcot was about 10 minutes, probably less. But we were staying in the villas so we were very close. We didn't walk to DHS, but we really enjoy traveling to the parks by boat so that's what we did when we went to DHS.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Generally, even when walking slowly, we beat the boat. Last summer (think August), we walked from Disney Studios to Boardwalk and back again. We beat the boat both ways even though we weren't walking at a particularly quick pace.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

To Epcot, for sure walk. It's very short.

To DHS, if you're up for a stroll, and the weather is cooperative, the walk is nice. In the event of excessively stormy weather (with lightning), you can be assured that they run buses from DHS to the Epcot resorts.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We did the walk from the Boardwalk to DHS and back, and it was very nice - took us about 15 minutes. I'd guess from the Beach Club it would be just a little bit more. It's all a matter of timing as to which is faster - if you catch the boat just right, I'm sure it's faster, but if you've just missed one, walking is probably faster. I'd suggest seeing what you're in the mood for that day, and going from there!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

The walk from EPCOT to Beach Club is very short. We made it in under ten minutes and that was pushing a double stroller so we were not especially quick. EPCOT is literally right next door. Walking to EPCOT is certainly the quickest option.

DHS was a bit of a jaunt. We were planning to walk it and see how long it took, but we ended up skipping DHS altogether for more time at Magic Kingdom.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

It was about a 10 minute walk to Epcot, but we stayed at the end of the Beach Club closest to Epcot. It puts you in World Showcase, so tack on some more time if you are headed to Future World.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I found the walk to the International Gateway in Epcot to be a breeze. 5 minutes tops.

The walk to DHS was a bit longer, around 15-20 minutes but it really is a nice peaceful walk.

If the boat is at the dock then I would snag it but if not then I always walk.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

We walk to (and from) Epcot when at either the BC or YC...as for DS in the morning if the boat is there or about to arrive we do the boat...if not we walk....in the evenings, if we are really tired we wait on the boat, if we are still feeling a bit perky we walk.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

We usually walk. We've stayed in that area three time and go between Epcot and DHS often (usually for Beaches n Cream ). If we are just so tired and the boat is either there or close and we aren't in a hurry, we may wait. I tend to feel like doing something, even if it's wrong, is better than standing and doing nothing.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Every time this question is asked, the responses always qualify the pace taken as leisurely, unhurried, even slow. As an alternative, i offer this.

Once my family wanted to go from the Studios to Epcot. My wife, who is not a walker, decided to take the boat. My sons wanted to shop at the ESPN club for some t-shirts on the way, and play video games if time allowed. So we hurried over. We didn't run, but we didn't take a leisurely walk. We had plenty of time. The boys browsed around, bought their items, ran out of money for video games, and then started looking for their mom.
    "She has to be at Epcot by now." we agreed. No way. Not even close. We waited a good 15 to 20 more minutes for the boat she was in to arrive. We were shocked at both how quickly we could get from park to park by walking, and how slow those boats are.

Post Thanks / Like

When full, those boats move quite slow.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: