Quantcast Fort Wilderness Cabins

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fort Wilderness Cabins

Going to WDW Aug'11 with DH,DS14,& DD8. My sister and her DD7 will be joining us. I've been looking at the most cost effective options and the Fort Wilderness Cabins seem to be it.I have 2 questions. Will 1 bathroom be sufficient? We've stayed at AKL, WL, & CBR. Is the theme and the room quality as good at the cabins as the regular resorts? We are getting the DDP so the kitchen will be great for breakfast but other than that I'm still on vacation and regular camping is not a vacation for me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to say no, it won't be big enough. We had reservations there but due to so much dust and wood, we had bad allergies and left. But for the 10 minutes we were there, we were cramped and the bathroom was small. We wouldn't have used the kitchen because the appliances were pretty outdated and dirty. We moved to Saratoga Springs which had plenty of room and the kitchen was nice. And no, I didn't think the room quality and theme was as nice as other resorts. If you're looking for the wilderness feel, the Wilderness Lodge is the way to go.

Edited to add:
    And yes, the Cabins are the best cost, which is why we chose it in the first place. However, we were just so unhappy with it overall and we warn others not to go if you have any allergies. Personally, I would rather pay extra money or sacrifice something such as shopping or have a shorter trip than be unhappy with the room.
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'd find the cost of two connected rooms at POP very comparable price wise and you have the advantage of 2 bathrooms. No kitchen though...
    Grumpy.
    Genius by birth, Grumpy by choice.

Trips:
    A few times in the 70's
    Grew up, made a family then:
    Sep 2009 POP
    Dec 2010 POP
    Sep 2011 POP

Next up: 23SEP-07OCT12

Post Thanks / Like

I have not stayed in the cabins with 6 people but have stayed with 4 adults and have stayed with 2 adults and 2 teenage girls. On all trips, we managed just fine with one bathroom. We certainly would have been happier with an additional bath but it wasn't bad.

We loved staying in the cabins! Fort Wilderness is one of my favorite places in Disney World! The cabins were like having our own little private home!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

As for the theming the best way to get a feel for that would be to simply take a look at a site that has tons and tons of resort photo.s on the web.

We had a great stay at the cabins...but it has a very different feel than any other resort we have stayed at...its super quiet and very, very laid back...so if that is appealing to you, then you will love it....if not (i.e. you like to feel you are in the middle of the action) then maybe another option will be better.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

We are a family of 5 and have stayed at the cabins a few times and loved it. Yes, it is more laidback - but that's what I like about it. You have your own deck and a little room to spread out when your outside. We really enjoyed using the golf cart to drive around the resort. It would have been nice to have 2 bathrooms but we managed just fine with the one. And I enjoyed having the full size kitchen. We didn't have any problems with allergies or anything being dirty.
    08/07 Ft. Wilderness Cabins (WAHOO!)
    10/06 All Stars Music (me & dd)
    6/06 POFQ
    6/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    1/05 Offsite and Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    8/03 Offsite
    3/02 Offsite
    9/99 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

If you can snag a cabin in the 2100 or 2200 loop, you are close to a "comfort station" for the campsites. This can expand your bathroom possibilities.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. This gives me lots to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Specials for Value

I believe but someone can correct me the two rooms at a value can be just as cost effective. I been searching for the same type of lodging. The two bathrooms just seem to be worth the cost if just a little more. Even a value resort at a special price is similar in cost.
    "Wheres my super suit! "

Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

Bronson

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at the FW cabins many times- there is a bedroom with a double/queen size bed and a bunk bed (4 people). In the LR there is a pulldown murphy tiny bed and a couch (2 people)

There is a full kitchen we love to use as well as a outdoor grill for cookouts (in Feb. cookouts are a great treat for us!) Bathrooms are large, much bigger that any deluxe resort we have stayed at.

If you are a very close family, which we are, the cabins are not a problem- our 2 girls and 1 boy slept in the bedroom and we slept in the LR
    Have fun

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at the cabins several times with 6 of us. (myself, brother, parents and 2 grandma's as kids) and in just a few weeks we'll be staying 5 adults and a teenager. The space isn't meant to be lived in for long periods of time, but we do usually do one meal together and the grill and private patio are nice.

It is a lot quieter than the other resorts, which my parents love (and are going the first time as grandparents!) because they sometimes stay back a while and just relax on the patio.

It's also great to head down to the beach for the electric water pageant and has boat access to the MK.

When my family has traveled we have stayed at other resorts, but my parents love the cabin, so when they go thats where we stay. We typically just set out a bathroom schedule and haven't had any problems.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: