Quantcast Hotel room foot wear

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hotel room foot wear

I was just reading another post that stated that she would not walk without shoes in her hotel room. At the Disney resorts-- would you at least walk in the room with socks on or is that no different than actually being barefoot?
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not been concerned with this in the slightest. I would chalk this up to someone being overly concerned. Are you worried about such things when you are at other hotel rooms (non-Disney). I would suggest "on average" Disney hotel rooms are cleaner than most every other chain hotel. Of course if you ask you will get a lot of "horor" stories but remember that you would get those stories about any national hotel chain as well.
    POR 3/2006
    GF 12/2010
    CSR 3/2011
    DLH 6/2012, 6/2013
    POFQ 3/2007, 4/2008, 12/2008, 3/2010, 10/2011, 4/2013, 3/2015, 5/2017
    BC 3/2014
    AKL 9/2015, 5/2018
    BW 9/2017

Post Thanks / Like

Think about it, Billions (literally) of people all over the world walk barefoot for most of their lives everywhere they go. Yes, if you have an open wound on the sole of your foot, it is possible to get an infection, but otherwise, walking barefoot is completely harmless. Unless you are in the habit of licking your dirty feet, walking anywhere barefoot won't hurt you in the least.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't worry about it. It doesn't seem any different to me than walking barefoot outside around the pools.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think wearing socks is the same as going barefoot. I almost always wear socks or slippers but that's because I don't like how carpet feels on my feet.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

I ALWAYS wear socks when I am in a hotel....Disney or not. I wouldn't consider myself
    "overly concerned" just my choice. I also wear them when I am home. I am more comfortable this way.

Post Thanks / Like

I go barefoot in hotel rooms all the time, everywhere. I never even worry about it. Oddly enough, I'm usually wearing slippers at home- my feet get cold. But I never bother to pack my slippers and I'm usually pretty comfortable with bare feet in the room.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

the honest truth is that there is nothing in your hotel room that has not been touched by a thousand other people...whatever you have touched with some part of your body has come into contact with the same body part of lots and lots of other people. (the doorknobs, kaucet handles, commode flush, remote has been touched by lots of people, the floor has been walked on by lots of people's feet, the table and all horizontal surfaces has been leaned upon by lots of elbows and even sat upon by lots of rear ends---and on and on I could go.

The good thing about it though is that the Designer of our bodies equipped us with a pretty efficient immune system so that such contact is a complete non-issue about 99.9999% of the time. (I.e. most folks visit disney and do not get sick or come home with some form of "foot crud"...infact,when it come to "foot issues from a disney hotel room" I've never heard of that at all.)

If you are a bit of "germaphobe" (I guessI am a borderline case )...then wipe the items that concern you (remote,phone, sink faucets)...but then forget about it...the stress that comes from fretting over such things is likely far more dangerous to you (and the enjoyment of your stay) than the actual germs themselves.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Haha that person was me. I guess I am overly concerned (well not really, because now it is so natural for me to just have sandals on). But on that note, I won't even put my barefeet on the floor at dressing rooms.

yes I do realize that others have touched every thing in the room as well. My poor kids, I get very "Kate" like in hotel rooms. Oh,and on airplanes.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do bare feet in hotel rooms or any other floor, except in my bedroom and bathroom. However, I do walk around in socks in hotel rooms.

On a side note, we were vacationing in Cape Cod last month and we were getting a meal from an outdoor counter-service place. Well, some people were walking around barefoot. I thought that was a little gross, and then I saw someone else (not barefoot) spit on the ground. Ewwwww. I guess that the barefoot people have no problems with walking around in spit. However, I know that I definitely wouldn't want to walk around barefoot in their homes .

So happy that I didn't marry a spitter. Blech. That's probably a #1 turn-off.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    My poor kids, I get very "Kate" like in hotel rooms. Oh,and on airplanes.
    LOL I thought "This sounds like Kate Gosselin" lol.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I don't worry about it.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

So if you don't want your bare feet touching the floor, what do you do when you go to bed? Do you bring your own sleeping bag and lay it on top of the covers on the Disney bed?

Basically at some point you are going to have to touch something that a million other people have.
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

I have gone barefoot in the hotel rooms, also have worn socks. The only foot problem I came home with were blisters and a heel spur, but that was not from walking barefoot in the room.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunderFan View Post
    So if you don't want your bare feet touching the floor, what do you do when you go to bed? Do you bring your own sleeping bag and lay it on top of the covers on the Disney bed?

Basically at some point you are going to have to touch something that a million other people have.
    They wash the sheets (hopefully). But I do not touch the bed spread.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We have slippers and if no slippers then socks. But, that's how we are at home too.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

then I'm not the only one who doesn't wear shoes 24/7 in the room! other posts were beginning to have me worried that I should be more careful. Thanks for making me feel "normal." hahaha
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We are almost always all barefoot just cause if its a (freaking)hot period then we use sandals so arriving back at resort...shoes OFFlol but this time will use socks n shoes...Never thought about the whole feet&germ thing but will make a note to bring a few extra pairs of socks
    Dec 2010~Pop Century
    May 2008~Coronado Springs
    Sep 2005~Port Orleans(fq)
    Oct 2003~LBV
    April 2001~Allstar Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Think about it, Billions (literally) of people all over the world walk barefoot for most of their lives everywhere they go. Yes, if you have an open wound on the sole of your foot, it is possible to get an infection, but otherwise, walking barefoot is completely harmless. Unless you are in the habit of licking your dirty feet, walking anywhere barefoot won't hurt you in the least.

Oh my, that made me laugh.
    Elaine
    "I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."

Next trip: February 2019 for the Princess 5K/10K/HALF MARATHON (YES, I'M RUNNING THEM ALL!)
    Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by emfleck View Post
    Oh my, that made me laugh.
    What a visual!

I don't think twice about walking around the hotel room barefoot.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: