Quantcast Multiple hotels???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Multiple hotels???

I'm just starting to plan our next trip to "the World" and I have a question: There are a couple of resorts I'd love to try, but the cost of a deluxe (AK or WL) is probably out of the realm of possibility. I was thinking of spending one or two nights there, then moving to a moderate. Any thoughts? How much of a hassle is it to book the trip that way and move after a night or two? Also (now I'm getting crazy here!!!!) has anyone ever made the hotel switch TWICE in one trip??? Maybe AK, then Port Orleans, then........who knows???
    July, 1973 - Polynesian
    July, 1976 - Polynesian
    July, 1978 - Polynesian
    October, 1982 - Hotel Royal Plaza (Honeymoon)
    November, 1999 - offsite (timeshare)
    June, 2003 - offsite (timeshare)
    June, 2006 - Coronado Springs Resort
    November, 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Only twice? We tend to switch several times in an effort to avoid the points gouging on the weekends. It lets us stay there longer.

It's not much of a hassle to plan, but you may have to live out of your suitcase during the short portions of your trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We have switched hotels on many trips. If we want to go to Universal, we spend two nights at the Hard Rock or Portifino before heading to Disney.

We always stay at the GF but want to try other hotels too, so we will split the stay. Once we did AKL and the GF.

In the interest of saving money and being able to go to Disney more often I am now thinking we might try a split between a value and the GF.

As the previous poster mentioned, sometimes you do have to live out of your suitcase for part of the trip.

As far as moving from hotel to hotel we either have our own car or rent one so it's easy. I'm sure Disney could move your luggage too given how many people do switch hotels during their stay.

As for booking, it was not a problem at all.
    "Why Worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it better." WD

Post Thanks / Like

As a veteran (and proponent) of split stays let me make a suggestion if you do choose to do two (three would be alot of moving to me)...always try to end at the more upscale resort. I say this for a couple of reasons.

1) The resort you tend to remember when you return will be the last one you stayed at....so if you stay at the Pop for four nights and the GF for the last two, then when you remember the trip you'll remember the GF...almost as if you stayed there the entire trip.

2) Its fun to upgrade....to get added amenities, more elaborate theming, larger rooms, better transportation and dining option, more convenient location, etc....going the other direction is not so much fun.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

We are doing 3 resorts this trip, but we are there for three weeks, so have plenty of time to move.
    1975 & 1980 - Disneyland - Disneyland Hotel
    1995 - WDW- Yacht Club
    2004 & 2009 Christmas - Disneyland - Grand Californian
    2008 - WDW - AKL
    2008 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
    2010 - WDW - AKL & Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

The only drawback I can think of, is you can't combine your multiple reservations for a single package. Each one is treated totally separate.

I agree with "moving up" in categories as opposed to starting with a deluxe and then going to a mod or value.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying this for the first time on our upcoming December trip. We enjoy both POFQ & CBR, while my mom leans more towards POFQ for it's smaller size & boat ride to DTD , while I prefer CBR for it's theme.

So we decided to do a split stay. Staying at POFQ our first 3 days, then staying at CBR our last 3 days. That way we get the best of both worlds.

Whatever you decide...

I Hope You Have A Magical Vacation!
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you that have split your stay between two Disney hotels...how exactly do you go about doing it?

We're going from one VWL to BLT, so how do we do it when we actually get there? Thanks!
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

We went from the WL to the GF on our last trip and the advice we got from the concierge (after mentioning to us that our luggage likely would not be transferred until much later in the day...which was not an appealing prospect for us since we had earlier had him call ahead to inquire about a room with an early check-in) was to make the trip by taxi...it cost less than six dollars (plus tip) and was super convenient.

However, if you don't perceive having a need for access to your luggage in the morning or have plans for an early check-in...then you can let disney transfer the luggage for you...just contact bell services when you arrive and you can either pick it up yourselves or use their services. Either way is very easy. Hope you have a great trip.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Facilier View Post
    Only twice? We tend to switch several times in an effort to avoid the points gouging on the weekends. It lets us stay there longer.

It's not much of a hassle to plan, but you may have to live out of your suitcase during the short portions of your trip.
    Dr. Facilier, I have thought about trying this strategy just to save points on the weekend. So I am curious how you accomplish this? Are you changing to another resort that takes fewer points, changing resorts and paying cash for the weekend or something totally different? Hope you don't mind sharing your expertise!

Post Thanks / Like

We've done this on multiple trips and it isn't really a hassle at all. I enjoy seeing many resorts, especially since I don't get to WDW so often. I don't think we've ever done more than two resorts on any visit.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

To me...and it's just MY opinion, that it is a lot of packing up and moving...wasting precious vacation time. Remember the check-in procedure all over again. Annoying.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

We just did a split stay starting at the Dolphin for 5 nights then moving to POFQ for 5 nights. We had my sister's van though so it was easier.
    We also did CS, then the cruise then the Dolphin in 2005. That was a lot of packing and moving. But it was still cool to try all the different experiences.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We've done this many times. One time even going from the Nick Hotel to PoP and then POLY - over 12 nights though. This upcoming trip we're doing PQFQ 4 nights - BW 4 nights but really because we were able to get free dining at the first & 40% off at the second. Disney makes it very easy to do by moving your luggage for you. We always get everything ready and either have it picked up or taken to bell services. Then we go and do what we'd planned for that day and then come back to the new resort around dinnertime, do a quick check-in. We've never had an issue and it's always been really easy. Although it might take an extra bit of time to do, it's fun to try different resorts so for us the benefits (plus lower cost of splitting between a mod/deluxe) outweigh the small amount of time lost. Also because we've done this so much we've now stayed at every mod & deluxe resort except for 2 (which we'll get to eventually, LOL.)
    Next trip...Fall 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was staying over a week and a half I might try three splits but any more than 2 on a shorter time frame is too chaotic. Having to pack and unpack during vacation time is not my idea of relaxing.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: