Quantcast Young Adult and Characters

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Young Adult and Characters

Hello all!

I'll admit it--I love Disney World (why else would I be here?). Also, I am a HUGE character fanatic. And I'm really not a shy person! I'm very outgoing and I love to talk.

I'm looking to go to Disney World in January for my 23rd birthday with at least one or two friends who are around the same age. We're all very excited and I'm hoping I can FINALLY meet Belle, who is someone I've been wanting to meet since I was five. She is my absolute favorite and I just can't wait. Meeting the Beast as well would be a huge bonus!

My problem is, I am horrible at interacting with characters! I get embarrassed easily and I hate attracting attention to myself. I'm worried some of the characters might think it's odd that I'm a young adult, excited to be meeting them for the first time. Ideally, I would love to sit and chat with them in character while doing the picture/autograph thing. I REALLY want to tell Belle what a huge impact she had on my childhood and that she cultivated my love of books.

But...will it be weird that I'm telling her this at the age I am now? I'm really terrified some CMs and such might think I'm really weird. I read in character tips that characters love when you talk to them--I would love to do this as well, but without seeming so strange!

So, I guess I'm looking for some reassurance and confidence on this issues! I can do it...right?
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)
    June 12 2006 (18 & by myself!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Disney World is truly the place we can all allow the inner child to emerge! About a year ago, we took a trip to Disney World with my brother and his family (His son was 2 at the time). As part of the trip, they planned a couple of character meals. He seemed surprised that I wanted my picture with the characters as well and later, somewhat amused, posted on his Facebook page that he didn't know whether his 2 year old or his sister was more excited to see the characters!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be embarrassed! Not saying your story is strange at all (because it's not), but I'm sure they've seen and heard it all. I wouldn't worry.

Hint - Belle and Beast are easy to find on a daily basis at the France Pavilion in Epcot. Have fun!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, don't worry at all.

DH and I went to WDW on our honeymoon, and met TONS of characters (and still do on every trip). They interact and have fun with us, just like we were kids.

Enjoy and have fun
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

No need for embarrassment! I think they get a kick out of interacting with adults too. At 16 my sole mission on the trip was to meet Cinderella and I totally geeked out when I finally did on the 2nd to last day. She enjoyed it! And, one of the best character interactions we've ever had was on my 22nd birthday at the Magic Kingdom. We ran into Chip n Dale just wandering around by Dumbo at 1am. They spent 10 minutes with us, and even put the guys in stranded stroller rentals and pushed them around. It was awesome!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

You totally aren't alone! I know lots of people who still visit the characters! (i'm one of them!!!!) also lots of the cast members visit their friends so it's no big
    Just call me Jen ;)

2/11-8/11: WDWCP DHS Attractions - GMR
    Current - GMR/JTA/Star Tours

Previous Trips:
    10/21/10-10/24/10 - Halloween Party
    9/10/10-9/12/10 - Tink Weekend :D
    6/23/10-6/30/10
    March 2010
    March 2009
    10/24/08 - 10/25/08
    August, 2007
    Many, Many more....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm approacing my 40s and just two weeks ago I was taking pictures with all my favorite characters.

I even told Mary Poppins that I loved her and that she and Cinderella were my favorites. DH and DS just stood there laughing at me.
    "Why Worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it better." WD

Post Thanks / Like

I am totally the same way. I love seeing Mickey every trip and have been know to jump ahead of my kids when he comes around at a character meal...
    All Star Sports 1998
    Port Orleans Riverside 2002
    Pop Century 2007, 2008 & 2009
    Art of Animation Lion King Suite December 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be embarrassed! My friends and I all go to princess meals and we have no kids with us. Sometimes my mom and I go, also no kids. We have found that the characters will usually take the lead and ask questions. I have never had an awkward moment eventhough I have spent time worrying that I would. Go and HAVE FUN!

Everyone is a kid at WDW!
    Avid character hunter and Disney character blogger!

Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing wrong with it. I'm 25, and I love meeting (and interacting) with the characters. It's my favorite thing to do at Disney
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 23 and it took me a few trips but at this point I have realized that I do not know anyone in Animal Kingdom (or wherever) and when I lose my mind cause I just saw Friar Tuck from Robin Hood that its okay lol because noone who is really into disney like me and my Moma are are going to judge me. Just get into it, I'm a fan of dancing with Stitch as well ^.^

Happy Birthday by the way!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I think the characters like interacting with the adults more than the kids. Or at least on a different level.

I can't imagine going to WDW and not having my picture with the characters. I am 50+ and still enjoy being a kid at heart.

Not long ago at Disneyland, DD and I did a character breakfast. Captain Hook was there and saw my rollator and sat down on it and started rolling it around. It was soooo funny.

I can't wait for our December WDW trip. We have a few character meals. I think it is more for me than my almost 11yo DD.

Go and have a great time and have your picture taken with your character friends.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

38 years old here, and while I do understand that you feel akward. Go for it. You all know this but it is worth saying...."You cannot live your life living up to other peoples expectations."

I admit I use my three sons as an excuse to go character angling. But DW and I go to Disney without them we still meet the characters, It feels wierd but its what we like to do.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

There are people of ALL and I do mean ALL ages who stand in line to meet the characters. DH and I did that for YEARS before we had kids. (we like to collect character photos!) And my FIL and MIL do that and they are in their 60s. I think you'll be fine - have a good time!
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Just do it! It is like the commercial where the mother and daughter walk by the mirror and 2 young girls appear in the same clothes! ENJOY!!! I am late 30s and had more fun than my 9 yr old!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a 33 year old male... and I am taking my fiancee to ALL (minus the back yard bbq, tusker house and hollywood and vine, chef mickeys) character meals!

This is a chance to relive childhood again, just the two of us in a magical world

its going to get a little awkward when I ask snow white to dump her nameless "prince" and marry me lol
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

I went to WDW last year just my sister and I(she was 27, me 29). I have always wanted to get the character's autographs, and I decided that this was going to be the year. At first I also thought I would feel silly. We waited in line at the Epcot Character Spot to meet the Fab 5, and I loved it!! Then our last day there I just had to meet the fairies, they were the first characters I met that could talk to me. And they had no problem that I was older. My mom fave character is Winnie the Pooh and when she met him for the first time, she gave him the biggest hug ever. In WDW I believe we are all a child at heart and you can be and act as young as you like. So go and tell Belle everything you want, you do not want to come home without meeting her!
    All it takes is a Little Faith Trust and Pixie Dust

2002~ 1st trip to WDW~ All Star Movies
    2003~ All Star Music
    2006~ POP Century
    2009~ POP Century
    2013~ Art of Animation~Little Mermaid Resort

Post Thanks / Like

If it makes you feel better, whenever I see Rosetta I always get into a huge convo with her. last time we talked about the color pink and how we hate mud for a good 5 minutes. It was so special. I'm sure Belle will love to hear that she had an impact on your life!

I know I posted before but I wanted to post again haha
    Just call me Jen ;)

2/11-8/11: WDWCP DHS Attractions - GMR
    Current - GMR/JTA/Star Tours

Previous Trips:
    10/21/10-10/24/10 - Halloween Party
    9/10/10-9/12/10 - Tink Weekend :D
    6/23/10-6/30/10
    March 2010
    March 2009
    10/24/08 - 10/25/08
    August, 2007
    Many, Many more....

Post Thanks / Like

White Rose, were we possibly separated at birth?!

First of all, I love white roses. Second, I love Belle. I memorized all of the songs from Beauty and the Beast when I was 4. Now I have the entire movie memorized. And I "blame" Belle for my love of books

I will turn 23 in February and was also hoping to go to Disney and possibly meet Belle. I just want my picture with her. Yet I feel totally ridiculous just standing in line so I never get that far. I'm just glad our birthday is a month apart, otherwise I'd definitely assume that I have a twin out there!
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Don't be embarrassed! Not saying your story is strange at all (because it's not), but I'm sure they've seen and heard it all. I wouldn't worry.

Hint - Belle and Beast are easy to find on a daily basis at the France Pavilion in Epcot. Have fun!!!
    Seriously?! You just made my day! The France Pavilion is my favorite ever...but I usually go at night and I've never seen Belle or Beast. I guess I definitely have a plan for February now
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: