Quantcast CSR newbie - maybe

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default CSR newbie - maybe

We consider POR our "home away from home" but I have been intrigued by CSR because of some comments and recommendations of fans. I know that this has been asked before but I was never seriously contemplating a stay there....
    Sell me on CSR!! - beyond the queen size beds!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got back Tuesday from our first stay at CSR. We loved it. I heard a lot of complaints about the size of the resort, but we found it to be fine, there were no problems getting places and it wasnt that far a walk to anywhere, it never took us more than 5 mins, plus there are so many bus stops you could take a bus if you prefer by just hopping on any bus going to the parks and hopping off when you get to el centro or wherever. The food in pepper market was supurb. I really loved the fajitas or nachoes made to order. We always laughed at how few people were in line for the bus to our resort at the end of a long day at the park. OUr queue would be practically empty while others would be full of people, so we never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus to anywhere. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

Its a gorgeous resort. The theming is great. Bus system is great as well. You don't have to walk everywhere. Jsut hit a stop, catch the first bus, and get dropped off at the lobby. I didn't care for Pepper Market, but it is hit or miss. You do not want to hear about the beds, but that is the biggest selling point to me. The bed was 10x more comfortable than the bed we had at AKL DVC room. It is convenient to AK, DHS, adn Epcot. MK is a little longer ride, but that is the same for most resorts not on Bay Lake or 7 Seas.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at CSR last year and was not impressed. I was between CSR and POR, I wish I would have gone with POR. Maybe it was just our luck, but the bus was terrible during our stay. I like the pp, did not care for pepper market, my mom and could not ev en finish our Breakfast. And it was not cheap! my boys enjoyed their waffles. I would not go back, but as mentioned many people do like it. So I say try it, you'll never know unless you do.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

buzz2001 Guest

I'd recommend CSR!! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds while the other mods have doubles like the values. The rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous.

CSR has a fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

CSR has a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods.

CSR has the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great.

It also has the best transportation of all the mods and the quickest rides to all 4 parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for all the info guys!
    It isn't that I didn't want to hear about the beds BigRedDad, I was just sold on those already since they are bigger! But hearing that they are actually more comfy is huge - I have sleep, or lack of sleep issues. Night shifter.

Anyway, thanks to all! Sounds like CSR may be our next adventure.
    Sainter
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sainter View Post
    I have sleep, or lack of sleep issues. Night shifter.
    I am not sure if I have sleep issues or just that I have been accustomed to 4 hours of sleep. I do not sleep more than 4 hours at a time. It takes me about 4 hours to fall back asleep once I wake up which is not even worth trying. At CSR, I slept 8 hours 3 of the 4 nights there.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    I am not sure if I have sleep issues or just that I have been accustomed to 4 hours of sleep. I do not sleep more than 4 hours at a time. It takes me about 4 hours to fall back asleep once I wake up which is not even worth trying. At CSR, I slept 8 hours 3 of the 4 nights there.
    Sounds like Heaven!!
    Sainter
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL