Quantcast Survivor: Nicaragua - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Man! The younger tribe is going to hang itself. Shannon sealed his fate. Get a grip! I think Na needs to go next. She has too much of an attitude and sat the first challenge out so she can't fault anyone else for anything. She is weird! I'm pulling for the older team. They all, except Holly, seem to use their brains. Congrats on figuring out the clues so quick when the younger team didn't even try to figure it out. It sure would have helped someone last night.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Yay! Shannon did himself in with that mouth. Did anyone see who on his supposed alliance flipped and voted for him?
    I think it was Kelly B. and Benry that flipped. Shannon deserved it.

I agree that it was a strange show. So many oddly entertaining moments, with Holly and the snails and shoes (but come on, who brings $1600 shoes into the jungle? And why would he admit it to everyone?) And Fabio putting on one of Naonka's hair extensions, lol. I can't stand Naonka (sock stealing--again, what is the fascination with footwear this season?) Her attitude grates on me.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    ... who brings $1600 shoes into the jungle?
    What guy owns $1,600 shoes??? Seriously ... even if I had the money to spend I'd buy $100 shoes and spend the $1,500 on something else.

Who needs $1,600 shoes?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    What guy owns $1,600 shoes??? Seriously ... even if I had the money to spend I'd buy $100 shoes and spend the $1,500 on something else.

Who needs $1,600 shoes?
    That's my point--he obviously has a lot of disposable income, which means that he must be wealthy. That may not set well with the rest of the tribe members, as far as winning the 1 million. I think he should have kept the value of the shoes to himself.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

That's my point--he obviously has a lot of disposable income, which means that he must be wealthy. That may not set well with the rest of the tribe members, as far as winning the 1 million. I think he should have kept the value of the shoes to himself.
    Well anyone dumb enough to waste $1,600 on a stupid pair of shoes clearly isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, so I can't say I'm surprised.

But ITA ... Rule #1 of Survivor is make sure no one knows if you don't need the million.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Brenda only got 3 votes: Shannon's (of course), Alina (the girl who stood up for him and said he'd never lied to her) and Kelly Bruno as she knows the others want her gone.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Brenda only got 3 votes: Shannon's (of course), Alina (the girl who stood up for him and said he'd never lied to her) and Kelly Bruno as she knows the others want her gone.
    Actually, both Kellys voted for Shannon. Jud/Fabio was the third vote for Brenda.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What a show last night. Shannon just couldn't keep his trap shut, could he? And NaOnka doesn't like anyone, I'm guessing. Even Jeff Probst was surprised by all the infighting so early in the game.

I'm rooting for the oldsters (because I am one), and I especially enjoy Jimmy Johnson. Can't wait for next week.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it was a strange show. So many oddly entertaining moments, with Holly and the snails and shoes (but come on, who brings $1600 shoes into the jungle? And why would he admit it to everyone?)
    I said the exact same thing last night! $1,600 dollar shoes?? Who pays that much for shoes at all, ever? And who brings them into the jungle to play Survivor?

Wow! So many nutcases came out of the woodwork last night! First Holly with snails and the shoes in the water...I thought for sure she was on her way to some kind of mental breakdown. She had a crazy glint in her eye for most of the episode. It'll be interesting to see if she lasts much longer - either by getting voted off or leaving on her own.

Then NaOnka and the great sock caper along with her unbelieveable attitude. And what is with the chip she has on her shoulder about Kelly B.'s(?) prosthetic leg? She has a real hang up about that. I think that if Kelly can prove she can compete on the same level with everyone else (which she has already been doing), then her leg will become a non-issue as the game goes on. But, NaOnka seems to have a real (and irrational) problem with it.

And then we have Shannon who apparently is full to the gills with all kinds of prejudices and unexplained rage. I didn't like him from the beginning and was glad to see him leave! The second person in a row to dig their own grave at tribal council!

This season is starting off a little weird, but it sure is entertaining!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm over this whole old vs young theme. They are all driving me crazy!

Maybe I missed something tonight, but do the oldies have a real plan or what? With the exception of "let's get Jimmy out" I haven't heard a thing. What did I miss?

NaOnka is teacher! I can understand wanting to win the million bucks, but seriously here??? Makes me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joeybun View Post
    NaOnka is teacher! I can understand wanting to win the million bucks, but seriously here??? Makes me
    I noticed that last night, too, and I was also horrified. I've never disliked a Survivor contestant as much as I dislike that woman-- and we've had some pretty contemptible characters on the show over the years (Johnny Fairplay). In contrast, I think Jud/Fabio seems sweet and adorable, if a little happy-go-lucky, and I loved that moment with the crab last night.

I thought I liked Marty at first, but now I do not like him much. He's a bit arrogant and domineering-- and clueless. He campaigned to get Jimmy out just because he doesn't want another leader stealing his spotlight. It was a foolish move at this stage of the game. Voting out people who will be threats later should wait for later. For now, they need strength and Holly, Dan, and loose cannon Jimmy T seem to be far riskier players to keep around than Jimmy J. Big mistake.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Is is just me or does Marty's voice sound familiar? Like a sports announcer or something?

Interesting season so far.
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the producers are rubbing their hands with glee every time NaOnka opens her mouth. She is this season's Russell as far as irritating competitors go. I couldn't believe she is a teacher either. Can you imagine your child being in her class?
    If she keeps on alienating her own team this way, I'm sure they are going to get tired of her and boot her off. That is, if the producers will let them.

Marty's ego got in the way of common sense with his campaign to get rid of Jimmy J. I'm sorry to see JJ go. His positive attitude was refreshing.

This season will be interesting, that's for sure.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree that getting rid of Jimmy J. so early seems like a pretty shortsighted move. I didn't expect him to make it to the end, but there are others who should have gone before him, specifically Dan and Holly. Dan may think he's just as strong and capable as everyone else on either tribe, but I think as the challenges go on, he'll see that he's not, and so will the rest of his tribe!

I'm also with everyone on NaOnka. I was floored to find out she's a teacher! I wonder if she'll still have a job after the way she's acting on the show! She flies off the handle way too easily and has really irrational reactions to other people on her tribe, especially Kelly B. and Jud. I was actually surprised that she waited until they got back to camp to pounce on the hidden immunity idol clue in the fruit basket. I was expecting her to grab it and run as soon as she and Kelly B. saw it. Those bananas never stood a chance!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I have to say I was pretty disappointed they sent Jimmy J home. He was the one guy I was most rooting for (although again I have no idea why since I hated him when he coached the 'Boys!).

These older folks do not seem to be the brightest bulbs on the tree. That entire challenge was just so poorly run. Why did they let Tyrone stand there missing over and over again without making a swap? That was so bizarre. He had clearly lost his mojo.

Agree on what others have said ... NaOnka is just mean and hateful. I can't stand her. She's not even a good villain in the way Russell was where you can sort of root for him in spite of his villain-osity. She's just a terrible person that I can't even stand watching or listening to.

Also agree on Marty. He was so clearly threatened by coach that he really pushed for him to go him when it was fairly illogical. First off, there are definitely others who were weaker in challenges. Secondly, his leadership was sorely needed. And lastly, keeping him around keeps an easy target in the tribe that you can throw under the bus when you get farther down the road and the votes get tougher. Very short-sighted and selfish decision on Marty's part to push for that.

He's now going to end up in that dreaded "leadership" spot (which is clearly what he wanted) which means he'll probably be next to go.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Holy cow!!! Is this the stupidest group of Survivors ever? Or did the producers just choose a group that have never seen the show before?
    Getting rid of Jimmy Johnson at this point is beyond stupid. Letting Dan stay is crazy; does nothing around camp and can't get out of his own way in a competion. This group of seniors makes me ashamed of being one.
    NaOnka......!!! She has got to be the meanest, hate filled person ever on Survivor. This is Survivor not Bridezilla, she even makes most of those women look good. again!!!
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the minority here, but I actually think it was a smart move to get rid of Jimmy J (although I do think Dan would have been a better choice). He was basically a glorified cheerleader with little to offer in the physical challenges. And without his influence and "star power" I think the older tribe will be forced to be more competitive, with each other as well as with the younger tribe. I did find it interesting that he admitted in tribal council that he was the weakest player. I wonder if it was a last-ditch effort to come across as less of a threat and therefore worthy of keeping around. Anyway, time will tell if it was the right decision or not.

I am in agreement about NaOnka, though. I can't stand people who talk trash, and she has it down to a science. I hope she goes down in flames (and soon).
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

I am in agreement about NaOnka, though. I can't stand people who talk trash, and she has it down to a science. I hope she goes down in flames (and soon).
    She probably thinks she's keeping it real, or whatever the buzzword is these days for saying whatever is in your head.

She may end up in the finale, but her gift for alienating people will keep her from being voted the winner. At least I hope that's what happens.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on the side of the older ones until now. I think that was a stupid TC last night. Jimmy may not be the spryest person on there but he had good stratigic ideas (except about not dividing up the throwing last night) and was a good cheerleader. He wasn't motivated by greed so was probably a better player for the team. I have seen Marty somewhere. Anyone know what company he works for? He just wants everyone to follow him and do everything his way, is why he wanted JJ out. The other Jimmy needs to go. He is too egotistical and drives me crazy. He keeps saying he is a leader. He is a fisherman. How is that a leader? Big mistake last night. Dan should have gone. Even Jeff kept saying in the challenge "Dan, you need to do something!"

NaOnka is such a bigot about Kelly B's (I think that is the one) artificial leg that I can't believe she is a teacher. That kind of attitude has no place in an occupation where you are training and teaching children. I hope her attitude on here reflects on her when she gets home and they have seen the real NaOnka. Along with everyone else, I am disgusted with her. She needs to go next. They are all getting tired of her but will they stand up and vote her off?
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I have seen Marty somewhere. Anyone know what company he works for?
    He seems familiar to me, too, but I can't place him. I think he just reminds me of my husband's boss. It's possible he is an actor, too. Yve's bio says she's a housewife, but she is actually also an actor who has guest-starred on some well-known TV shows, like CSI. I wouldn't be surprised if others are actors-- but they usually don't put that as their occupation for the show. I think Jerry Manthey early on was one of the few who acknowledged in her bio that she was an actor. Even Jessica "Sugar" Kiper, who had extensive acting credits on hit shows, called herself a pin-up model. I don't blame them for not advertising it, though. I'm always a little suspect of the actors and how or why they were hired.

Beth, I agree that getting rid of Jimmy J had some merit, but I think this wasn't the time for him while there are more useless players on the team. Jimmy J didn't offer much to the team, but he offered more than some of the others with less of a threat to the team's stability, which would have been the bigger issue for me at this stage of the game. Getting rid of Jimmy J at any point probably won't cost them much (agreed) but on the other hand, keeping some of the others in his place might cost them quite a bit.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: