Quantcast Ohana or Chef Mickey for breakfast

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ohana or Chef Mickey for breakfast

I was just able to get Chef Mickey for our last day of our trip but now I have to cancel one of the two. I have eaten at Chef Mickey before and I loved the characters but did not like the food that much. I have never eaten at ohana so I don't know much about it. Any opinions I would appreciate it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn't say if you had kiddos with you or if you were doing any other character meals, but if you weren't very impressed with the food before I doubt it would be any different this time. O'hana has an excellent breakfast - especially their skillets. I think you will get a lot of conflicting suggestions on this one.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I am going with my inlaws and my one year old. We are doing some other character meals( crystal, garden grill, and hollywood and vine

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, there are better character meals on property. Neither are on my list to do again, although you'd have a better chance of getting me back into Chef Mickey's than Ohana's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Actually, there are better character meals on property. Neither are on my list to do again, although you'd have a better chance of getting me back into Chef Mickey's than Ohana's.
    To once again prove there is no such thing as a consensus around here, I have the exact opposite opinion. I don't care much for either place, but I would absolutely try 'Ohana before Chef Mickey's. I prefer the family-style serving style to a buffet, and I simply don't like Chef Mickey's. I've never had a particularly good experience there.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

That question made me laugh. Simply because no trip is complete for my family and me if we don't have both! Chef Mickeys is absolutely a must on our first full day in the parks, and O'Hana comes whenever we can fit it in. Truthfully however, we only do Chef Mickeys becuase it's tradition. Not because the food is good. It's really only standard fare. The food at O'Hana's is better (in our humble opinions) and the pace is a little less frenetic than Chef Mickeys. If we could only choose one, based on the food, we would pick O'Hanas. But that's just us.
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Ohanas!

Post Thanks / Like

OHANA.............love the potatoes and the juice. the eggs were light and fluffy, the sausage was good too....was a nice relaxed atmosphere. keep in mind that that they add gratuity to your bill. we had 6 adults and my 1 year old and they counted him as a person not for eating but for the gratuity. so if you arent satisfied with your waiter then u will have to pay the standard gratuity anyway. we were more than happy with the wait staff so it didnt bother us. just thought it was presumptious of them to do that since my infant didn't get anything at all not even a plate of his own.

Post Thanks / Like

oops we had 5 adults and my infant. so then it would be 6 total. sorry about that

Post Thanks / Like

We've been to both with our DS (who will be 2.5 yrs on our December trip). We far and away prefer O'hana. CM is very loud and crowded, and I didn't think it was particularly easy to manage with an infant, because one of us would have to sit at the table, while the other one got our food, and we were worried we'd miss characters, etc. At O'hana, you sit, and they bring the food to you, and you never miss the characters. Plus, we find the atmosphere to be so much more relaxing than CM. I personally loved the food MUCH better at O'hana, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana was our best character breakfast of the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana without hesitation. Chef Mickey's can be more chaotic, plus the setting is better at the Polynesian I think. Have fun!
    MousekeFoodie Kevin
    2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge x 2
    2009 - Polynesian
    2008, 2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002 - Contemporary
    1997 - Swan
    1993 - Contemporary
    1985, 1982, 1976 - Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

We had a bad experience with wait staff at Ohanas, but that was at dinner some years back, so I dont generally recommend it, but I think if the food is good and you dont get the waiters we got, Ohanas is a nicer place to be

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agree

Quote Originally Posted by WDWCrazyKaren View Post
    That question made me laugh. Simply because no trip is complete for my family and me if we don't have both! Chef Mickeys is absolutely a must on our first full day in the parks, and O'Hana comes whenever we can fit it in. Truthfully however, we only do Chef Mickeys becuase it's tradition. Not because the food is good. It's really only standard fare. The food at O'Hana's is better (in our humble opinions) and the pace is a little less frenetic than Chef Mickeys. If we could only choose one, based on the food, we would pick O'Hanas. But that's just us.
    We Love the CM costumes . Got to have my pic with Goofy in his Chef Costume. Sometimes we only arrive in the evening and our ressie is fora eve at CM to get a Disney feeling and hopefully watch the fireworks from there.
    "Wheres my super suit! "

Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

Bronson

Post Thanks / Like

Ohanas....the food is better!
    Next trip...Fall 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Chef mickeys is a must for our family every trip but we have also done Ohanas and we loved it!! So I dont think you will be disapointed either way!!

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I don't like 'Ohana mostly because we don't like the "family skillet" type of meal. I really prefer to have my own choices either at a buffet or from a menu. My kids agree.

I'd pick Chef Mickey because I want to have choices.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: