Quantcast Do you ever think that someone is getting on your favorite ride?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you ever think that someone is getting on your favorite ride?

I was just folding clothes and just thought that someone is getting on TTA. It happens all the time, all of a sudden I will think about that lucky person that is walking down Main Street, the person having the Dole Whip right now, someone is sitting on a bench outside of Germany having a beer, I could go on and on. But then I wondered if others think these kind of thoughts on a daily basis. I hope I am not the only one.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

You most definitely NOT alone in doing that! I like to relive that feeling of being in a particular place in WDW and the 'magic' that comes with it.

I am bad for "mini-vacationing" like that. I tend to do alot of 'a month ago I was enjoying the sun and a french crepe today' or 'three months from now we'll be having mickey waffles in the FQ food court' instead of sitting at work. . . .

I think that is all that keeps me sane some days!!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You are definitely not alone... I don't know that it happens every day (well, at least not now that I'm almost a year out from our trip -- I'll bet it was more like every day for quite awhile after we got back... ) but I do find myself suddenly "in the parks"... picturing walking down Main St, sitting in PoC, walking the queue at EE or going through the trails at AK... my DH always says were blessed to have been enough times that these memories are so clear, it's like you're suddenly "there". Sure helps get through some of those long days!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I randomly check the wait times on my Iphone while I am at my desk working just to see how long I would have to wait to get on my favorite rides. I also picture all the people getting lined up for the parades, fireworks etc so you are not alone....
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"
    Upcoming trips
    March 2013 for Garden Festival
    October 2013 Food and Wine!

Post Thanks / Like

This is my curse as well. The other night I turned to a co-worker and said, "Right now, someone is sitting at the Muddy Rivers pool bar, drinking MY drink."

I always think to myself what people in WDW must be doing right at that very moment. Right now, someone eating at Crystal Palace is getting a hug from Pooh...sigh, now I'm really depressed.

Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvDaMouse View Post
    I randomly check the wait times on my Iphone while I am at my desk working just to see how long I would have to wait to get on my favorite rides.
    That's funny Now I need to get one of those phones.I just live vicariously through friends I know are there, by texting them and making a pest of myself. But I do dream a lot. Its funny how there are never any lines or excessive heat in my daydreams.
    DW 51 DD24 DS 23 DS 9

Fort Wilderness Campgrounds 1980
    Polynesian resort (Honeymoon) 1982
    Off Site 1984
    Disney Villas, (by Pleasure Island) 1990
    Beach Club Resort 1995
    Beach Club Resort 1996
    Beach Club Resort 2007
    Beach Club Resort 11/26 – 12/4 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Yep all the time!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes!

I keep music from the parks on my iPod, so when I'm out for a jog it sometimes surprises me by shuffling to "America, spread your golden wings..." or some other park tune. Instantly transports me there and gets me through the jog. Better yet, it puts me in the best mood!

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I sure hope so!

I think about how much joy I get out of something simple, like people watching while I wait for my sushi at Tokyo Dining. Or finding strange new items in the world showcase, riding into the darkness on the TTA, or simply staring at Cinderellas castle just glad to be there.

I love the idea that someone is enjoying the same things I do, and that what gives me joy can give so many others the same feeling. I'd give almost anything to be there right now, but just knowing at least SOMEONE is getting to enjoy it makes it a little easier to swallow.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I do it all the time. It usually starts when I'm sitting at the gate in the airport, waiting for my flight home and I get to watch the people who just arrived at MCO walk off the plane with excited, happy looks (well, most of them look happy...I always assume they're the ones going to Disney...). I get to think to myself that it's all just starting for them and I imagine all the fun they're about to have. Just think! in three short weeks, someone may be waiting at the airport for THEIR flight home and they'll see me arriving and they'll remember how much fun they just had!
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    You most definitely NOT alone in doing that! I like to relive that feeling of being in a particular place in WDW and the 'magic' that comes with it.

I am bad for "mini-vacationing" like that. I tend to do alot of 'a month ago I was enjoying the sun and a french crepe today' or 'three months from now we'll be having mickey waffles in the FQ food court' instead of sitting at work. . . .

I think that is all that keeps me sane some days!!
    OMG....I do the eact same thing. The other day I said to my husband...we can say a next month we are going to Disney...and next month at this time we can say only 3 more weeks until we go...he said WHAT?

I know we are all crazy but we love it!!!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

I do something a little different: whenever I see one of my local airport transportation vans, I tend to imagine that the people in the van are going to the airport & heading to WDW . Every. Time.
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Me, too!

Not only is that a big yes from me, but I believe this a large reason why we're all here on INTERCOT.

I can only speak for myself, but I come here PRECISELY to imagine either myself or someone else getting on a ride (BTMRR for me) instead of stuck in my office teaching beginner saxophones. (You just can't know how bad until you've done it ... )
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiLounger View Post
    I do it all the time. It usually starts when I'm sitting at the gate in the airport, waiting for my flight home and I get to watch the people who just arrived at MCO walk off the plane with excited, happy looks (well, most of them look happy...I always assume they're the ones going to Disney...). I get to think to myself that it's all just starting for them and I imagine all the fun they're about to have. Just think! in three short weeks, someone may be waiting at the airport for THEIR flight home and they'll see me arriving and they'll remember how much fun they just had!
    That's always the low point for me, more than the last ride or fireworks, packing up all our stuff and shutting the door behind us one last time. It's the feeling that as we mope through the lobby we seemed to have just checked in but now we're already leaving and THEY are checking in! That's not fair!! But you do get to take all the memories with you - let the daydreaming begin!!

March '99 - POFQ
    February '04 - WL
    February '05 - POLY
    November '05 - CB
    October '06 - POLY
    November '07 - POLY / BC
    November ' 08 - BC
    March '10 - WL
    November '10 - POR-Riverside
    November '11 - CSR

Dear departed brother Dave, he chased a bear into a cave

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help but to feel a little when someone tells me they're going to WDW

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I have thought the exact same things but I also get jealous when I read how many days someone has to wait and I haven't even planned another trip!!!
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Do you want to talk depressing...my DH will say we have 46 days till our trip and 52 days till we are home...All these months of planning and changing stuff and it is gone in a blink of an eye...
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvDaMouse View Post
    I randomly check the wait times on my Iphone while I am at my desk working just to see how long I would have to wait to get on my favorite rides.
    Me too. Just did a minute ago...
    "Thank you for choosing Magic Carpet for all your travel needs. Don't stand till the rug has come to a complete stop. Thank you, good bye now, good bye, thank you, good bye..."

1984, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008,
    2010 x 3, 2011 x 3, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I also check Orlando's weather sometimes...especially in the winter when it's cold and snowy here in NJ.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalGuest View Post
    I also check Orlando's weather sometimes...especially in the winter when it's cold and snowy here in NJ.

I have the Orlando weather on my Favorites and check every morning . . . . and sigh . . . . Most days wishing I was there . . . .

It's such an addiction!!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: