Quantcast Cinderella's Royal Table

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cinderella's Royal Table

Ok, so if any of you read my rant about the Candlelight Processional yesterday you know that it was a humdinger of a day for me. So, as I was on the phone they ran over my reservations only to tell me my Castle reservation was canceled as opposed to another reservation I had tried to cancel. WHAT??!! So now, there are no more Castle Reservations for my entire trip! My daughter knows I made the reservation...she has her Cinderella dress...etc. So now what? I suffer for a CM's mistake. I was on the phone with guest services who informed me that after calling the Castle they WILL NOT book me a table, no exceptions! Now, I know it is just a meal, however I have spent over a month planning, changing, rearranging and getting my trip planned to the tee. I had to make and chart the EMH, the Christmas Party days, the Fantasmic days, the parades and fireworks that are only showing on certain days...So, now what? I have to spend everyday on the phone hoping for a cancellation? She tells me that they will not overbook the Castle because it would not be fair to another guest that may have to wait when they show up for their's. YOU HAVE TO WAIT ANYWAY. I have never walked up and been seated right away.
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! That is terrible!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a confirmation for the dining reservation that was mistakenly canceled? If so, I would call and ask to speak to a supervisor. Explain calmly what happened and your expectation that your reservation will be reinstated.

I'd also suggest you try making your dining reservations on line. You have much more control over what you book and what you cancel.

If Disney holds firm on its current position, I'd suggest you begin looking on-line several times per day hoping for a cancellation. For a December trip last year, I was able to get the reservation I wanted and, which had eluded us, two days prior to departure so there is always hope.

Also, if you can't get a reservation at the Castle, you can also try for the princess meal in Norway at Epcot.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's not the castle, but my DDs(9) love the dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian with Cinderella and Prince Charming. They get a big kick out of the step-mother and step-sisters too! We've done both meals and prefer the GF.
    Poly 3/97, Poly 1/98, Poly 2/99, Poly 2/00, Poly 9/03,
    POR & Poly 9/05, POR & Poly 9/06
    , Poly 9/07
    Poly 9/08, POR & Poly 8/10, POR & Poly 8/13, Heading back POR & Poly Concierge 8/15

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you guys. I was just off the phone again, and they will not do anything for me. I am in total disbelief that they are not doing EVERYTHING in their power to correct THEIR mistake!! I have my reservation number, I have the day and time I called, nope, I all got was a "Sorry, there is nothing we can do." Oh wait, we are a party of 5 and they tried to put only 2 of us in. It is my 10th anniversary, why would I not want my entire family with me?? I am NOT feeling the Disney Magic today!
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Also, since is THEIR mistake, and they know this is THEIR mistake, I would also suggest that they make me a reservation for the character dining expirience at 1900 Park Faire... at THEIR expence.

CRT reservation are a exlusive enough thing, and big enough deal, that this should be the LEAST they would for messing up yours.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in shock over this post! I cannot believe that they would not make this right! I will not cancel any reservations in the future in fear that they will cancel the wrong one after reading this! Disney used to have phone reps that seemed interested in your plans and made suggestions and such but in the last 2 or 3 years it seems the ones I have spoken to are uninterested and a little close to rude but maybe not quite.
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

That is terrible! Just try not to let it ruin your fun and other expectations for a great trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest you keep asking for supervisors right up the line. Somebody should be able to help you eventually. This tactic has helped me many times with other companies that told me there was nothing that could be done...There is always somebody that can do something...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deedeenmickey View Post
    I am in shock over this post! I cannot believe that they would not make this right! I will not cancel any reservations in the future in fear that they will cancel the wrong one after reading this! Disney used to have phone reps that seemed interested in your plans and made suggestions and such but in the last 2 or 3 years it seems the ones I have spoken to are uninterested and a little close to rude but maybe not quite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    I would suggest you keep asking for supervisors right up the line. Somebody should be able to help you eventually. This tactic has helped me many times with other companies that told me there was nothing that could be done...There is always somebody that can do something...
    Deedee-I was actually quite shocked to say the least. I come from a Customer service backround and I believe that ANYTHING and EVERYTHING should be done to please a customer, especially when it is the company who is at fault. I think one of the things that bothered me the the most was the attitude of both the women I spoke with. It was not a "Mrs. Feely, we are so very sorry for this, let us try everything in our power to rectify it..." it was "I am sorry there is absolutly nothing we can do..." and make no mistake "ABSOLUTLY NOTHING" came out of her mouth.

Stu-She called and e-mailed CRT and it was them her told her they WILL NOT overbook the resturant. My feeling is, put me in and let me be the one who waits...at least make the effort.
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also suggest contacting Disney here:

[email protected]

Explain to them exactly what happened. Include your confirmation information and how it came to be canceled as well as the discussions you've had since that point. Tell them that a resolution for you would be get your reservation reinstated or reinstated as close to your original reservation as possible.

Good luck!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Clearly Disney needs to have a better policy to deal with reservations for a few of their most popular spots (especially CRT). They seem to deal with them as if they are just another resturant reservation when in these cases they are much, much, much more. Maybe its as simple as programing the reservation computer to prompt the person at the call center to repeat and double confirm all the details of any reservation or cancellation; it may require recording the phone call (like stock brokers do) to be able to follow up on problems.
    Last edited by BowTie7; 08-27-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

you guys are the best, that is why I love this site! Here is my update..

I got a call back from the second cm I spoke to. Apparently she went back and listened to the phone call that I had supposedly cancelled my reservation, (I am sure to see if "I" had done it and was trying to undo what "I" had did...sorry, still a little bitter) anyway, she realized it really was the cm's mistake and poof, I all of a sudden had a table. So why put me through this??? If she could have done it at 5pm she could have done it at 10 am...She said, "I wanted to get back to you before you started rearranging your schedule." I told her I already had so she had to go and cancel and rebook others to put me back to my original game-plan. Again, I know it is just one meal of a big trip and it should have not of mattered this much but it really wasn't...it was one domino that would have caused a big chain reaction of having to replan 14 days that took me over a month to plan and lock in. (DEEP SIGH) Thanks again for all the support!
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a relief. I'm glad they were able to sort that out for you. That must have been frustrating!
    Jen

Next trip: Beach Club Villas; August 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

i am happy to hear that in the end you got your ressie back. i hope you have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that it all worked out in the end! Here's to a return of "Disney magic!"
    Poly 3/97, Poly 1/98, Poly 2/99, Poly 2/00, Poly 9/03,
    POR & Poly 9/05, POR & Poly 9/06
    , Poly 9/07
    Poly 9/08, POR & Poly 8/10, POR & Poly 8/13, Heading back POR & Poly Concierge 8/15

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you got it straightened out!!!
    Tricia
    Disney crazed wife to Todd
    Mom to Anthony 16 and Maggie 9

Beach Club - November '13
    Villas @ WL - June '12
    BLT - September '11
    Poly - September '10
    AKL - February '10
    POFQ - September '08
    Off property - October '04
    POR - September '01
    off property many times since '78

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! I am so glad this all got worked out! So happy that they fixed THEIR mistake and helped you out! Things like this can really cause a cloud over the whole trip. Have a Magical Trip and Happy Anniversary!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! So sorry you went through all that, but so glad things eventually worked out. I'm with you, why didn't she just listen to the call immediately? Then you could have had this straightened out right away instead of going through all this. Did she only listen to your call because you were persistant? Not cool.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: