Quantcast 2011 Moms Panel applications coming soon - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Going from past year's experience, I'd suspect somewhere between Ocotber 9th & 13th. But it's just my guess.
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Why am I remembering the week of November 8th? Does anyone remember something on the confirmation page that stated that? I checked my email confirmation and it wasn't there.
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz36 View Post
    Why am I remembering the week of November 8th? Does anyone remember something on the confirmation page that stated that? I checked my email confirmation and it wasn't there.
    That was the date of the final notification of panelist, but in years past there were round one questions (with a reveal date that followed of who made it to round two via e-mail notifications around Oct 9-13th depending on the year) then round two questions (with a reveal date that followed of who made it to round the final round phone interview, which are also revealed via e-mail notifications around last week of Oct / early November. depending on the year). Lastly around the begining of the second week of November, e-mail notifications went out about who made it to the panel. <whew>. In the past it was whittled down to the tune of 20,000 ==> ??? ===> ??? ==> 20. This year rumor has it that only 10 new panelist will be added (from a possible 20,000) the odds are pretty awful this year incomparison to past years due to the fact that the initial submission period was shorter (although I don't think it was a well promoted this year as in year's past). I know a few people who were able to submit their entry 1st round questions on the final day, so maybe the 20,000 max was never reached on round one questions, which would increase everyones odds a tad ... (All of this is just my speculation of course)

Best Wishes to all you I'coters out there who threw your 'mickey hat in the ring'.
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the clarification! I must have been so excited when I submitted my application that I didn't pay attention to the fine print.
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I started to say the same thing the other day that I thought it was Nov. and then remembered that they may have said Oct. for the first round and Nov. for the final round so I didn't post that. Glad I wasn't the only one that read it that way.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard anything?? I keep hoping even though I know it is a LONG shot!
    Alice
    Disney Junkie and vacation planner
    10 trips and counting
    Next up June '14 very quick trip :)

Post Thanks / Like

Not word one.....I just assumed that meant that I was not selected to move on to Round 2....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Not word one.....I just assumed that meant that I was not selected to move on to Round 2....
    I am following twitter, facebook and a message board and there has been no notification for Round 2 yet. Don't count yourself out just yet!!!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Round 2 invites went out around 6:00pm tonight.....
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!!!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone moving on?

I wish more INTERCOTee's advance. Feels like a certain other board gets a lot of finalists and eventual panelists.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't make the first round cut, for the fourth year in a row. I know that odds are against me to start with, but I still can't shake the feeling that it is considerably harder for a dad to get onto the panel than a mom.

(Yes, it could be sour grapes. It could also be brought on by seeing yet another series of flyers advertising for a "Moms Club" at the Y - and not wanting to bang my head against that wall anymore. SAHDs are neither fish nor fowl nor good red herring.)
    Current running streak - 551 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 233.13. Last update: 2/21/10.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I didn't advance this year.... but I'll just keep trying. One day Disney will wonder where I've been all their life...

Quote Originally Posted by SAHDad View Post
    SAHDs are neither fish nor fowl nor good red herring.
    I hear what you're saying and can totally understand where you're coming from -- my DH isn't a SAH dad, but he is the only one home with our girls the evenings/nights I work and the only one with them every third wknd when I'm sleeping the days away b/c I worked Sat/Sun night. And it's frustrating for him when so much is geared to the moms, like they're the only ones caring for/helping out/guiding the kids. But don't count yourself out, just b/c you didn't make the panel -- there are some pretty great dads on there, and I bet your time is coming. And even if you (or I...) never make the panel -- we're still awesome to our kids, and all the people we've helped/guided in our own way!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    And even if you (or I...) never make the panel -- we're still awesome to our kids, and all the people we've helped/guided in our own way!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I hear what you're saying and can totally understand where you're coming from -- my DH isn't a SAH dad, but he is the only one home with our girls the evenings/nights I work and the only one with them every third wknd when I'm sleeping the days away b/c I worked Sat/Sun night. And it's frustrating for him when so much is geared to the moms, like they're the only ones caring for/helping out/guiding the kids. But don't count yourself out, just b/c you didn't make the panel -- there are some pretty great dads on there, and I bet your time is coming. And even if you (or I...) never make the panel -- we're still awesome to our kids, and all the people we've helped/guided in our own way!
    Oh, it's not the panel. It's really more of the whole Moms Club/MOPS/Newcomers Club (which was really a code for "moms only" - we kept telling them to call me to arrange playdates, and they would call DW instead) grinding me down. I've done the SAHD gig for over six years now, and while I would not trade it for the world, sometimes it gets a little tiring.

Normally, I would fill the void of not advancing with planning our next trip, but it's not going to be until sometime in Nov 2011, so I won't start any real planning until Christmas.

I think we are going to hit Disneyland sometime next summer though, but the dates are still up in the air.
    Current running streak - 551 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 233.13. Last update: 2/21/10.

Post Thanks / Like

After applying for the Mom's Panel from the very beginning I finally made it to Round 2!! Yay!! I'm very excited...

However, every time I click the link to log in and answer the additional questions it tells me that my email is invalid... I hope that gets fixed soon!!! I only have until Friday to complete the new questions!
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
    After applying for the Mom's Panel from the very beginning I finally made it to Round 2!! Yay!! I'm very excited...

However, every time I click the link to log in and answer the additional questions it tells me that my email is invalid... I hope that gets fixed soon!!! I only have until Friday to complete the new questions!
    So happy for you. Good luck with round 2.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you!! I hope you can find your way through -- you can bet I'd be on the phone with someone tomorrow! Good luck -- we'll be cheering for you!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else not receive a reply one way or another? I haven't received anything either way. I hope I didn't inavertently delete it when I was deleting messages off my phone inbox. Anyway to find out if I did or did not receive a message that may have gotten deleted? Or is it just that if we didn't receive anything, we didn't get chosen?
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: