Quantcast A Southwest Vacation Package?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Southwest Vacation Package?

Has anyone booked a WDW vacation package through Southwest? How was your experience? I was sample pricing online and it seems its a little cheaper than booking through Disneys Vacation website. Also, now that they participate in DME I am considering booking my next vacation with them.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewdrop034 View Post
    Has anyone booked a WDW vacation package through Southwest? How was your experience? I was sample pricing online and it seems its a little cheaper than booking through Disneys Vacation website. Also, now that they participate in DME I am considering booking my next vacation with them.
    I've matched the Southwest Vacations package against the Magical Journeys package and, purchasing Southwest airfare, still made out better with Magical Journeys. MJ will get you the best discounts on rooms and packages available.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Have booked vacations with Southwest not Disney though. They were great the only thing I didn't like is that I didn't get my Southwest points for my flights without having to jump through hoops. Also I think that we couldn't check in online early for our flights for some reason.
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You for the tip...I'll check Magical Journeys out.

Post Thanks / Like

I booked our WDW package through Southwest last year and just did for our December trip this year. I was able to get the free dining and they had a promo code saving me even more. I had received a quote from Magical Journeys and they were fantastic, but I didn't book through them. The price was the same as I found on the WDW site. However, we live by a smaller airport and flights can get pricey. So when I took the cost of the MJ quote plus the flight only through Southwest, it was going to be about $200-300 more than booking my package through Southwest. If your airport has good rates, then you may be able to get a good deal using MJ to book the other part of your trip and you take care of your own flight. Like I mentioned, we are limited on flights here, so booking with Southwest made the most financial sense for us. Booking with Southwest was easy, convenient and saved me money. They also give you the option to put payment on multiple credit cards when you check out. They mailed me my travel documents approximately 2 weeks before our trip. It had the ME tickets and packet with instructions on where to find them, how to use the luggage tags, etc. As far as checking in early, if you don't want to pay extra $, you can check-in online exactly 24 hours before your flight to get your boarding number. When we went to check out of POP Century, they took our bags for us and printed our boarding passes before we went to the park for the last time. I really found Southwest to be very easy and convenient for us! Just my
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hair_Razor View Post
    Have booked vacations with Southwest not Disney though. They were great the only thing I didn't like is that I didn't get my Southwest points for my flights without having to jump through hoops. Also I think that we couldn't check in online early for our flights for some reason.
    We did the same thing a few years ago and we also couldn't print tix online.We had to go to the airport with the hard tix that they mailed us and then they printed them out and we were guaranteed "C" tickets both going and returning.It's the only reason we wouldn't use them again for a package.Otherwise the price was right.
    Last edited by PetefromRI; 08-16-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I booked my last WDW vacation through Southwest in Nov. 2009. My family of four booked a buy one get one free package deal through Southwest which included our flight, tickets, dining plan and a week at Pop. It was great and cheaper than booking directly through Disney. I recommend it if you find a good deal!
    Dani
    Returning guest since 1979 (27 on-site visits)
    1999 - WDW College Program
    2003 - Disneyland - Off site
    2007 - Cruise on Disney Magic
    2012 - Disneyland - Grand Californian
    Last Trip - May 2012 - Carribean Beach
    Next Trip - February 2013 Bay Lake Tower & Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

while sw may have great deals, be careful of the fine print. If you book and then a new Disney promo comes out, you can't change your package without paying a fee. With SW packages you also cannot make any room requests such as near transportation. You will pretty much get the least desireable room locations. Flight times to choose from are also limited and because of this you could end up spending 2 days of your vacation traveling and paying for vacation time you don't get to use.
    Best advice is to do your homework and read the fine and very fine print
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thumperbug View Post
    while sw may have great deals, be careful of the fine print. If you book and then a new Disney promo comes out, you can't change your package without paying a fee. With SW packages you also cannot make any room requests such as near transportation. You will pretty much get the least desireable room locations. Flight times to choose from are also limited and because of this you could end up spending 2 days of your vacation traveling and paying for vacation time you don't get to use.
    Best advice is to do your homework and read the fine and very fine print
    Couldn't I just contact the resort and request a room location if it were in the same price range?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: