Quantcast Our Wonderful 11 Day Trip to the World - Day 8, 9, & 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Wonderful 11 Day Trip to the World - Day 8, 9, & 10

Day 8 - MK

arrived around 7:55 - just in time to make our way to rope drop. Rode PP, Snow White, Pooh, IASW and saw MP again - did this all before 9:00!!!! We then went on Splash and Big Thunder again. Jumped on the railroad and rode to Main Street where we got off and - you guessed it - headed back to the resort and to the pool.
    It was at this point that we heard about the Tropical Storm headed our way so we changed our plans a little bit. We decided to see the parade and fireworks that night because we didn't want DDF to miss them. (We usually end our Disney vacation by seeing those the last night).
    Had reservations at Whispering Cannon for 6:50 - decided to take a cab so we wouldn't have to rush. Our waitress, Judy, was wonderful. She made a crown in my daughter's hair out of straws and made a hat out of a napkin for DH. We had a lot of laughs. Food was good. Then took ferry over to MK saw fireworks and then parade. These were DDF favorites. You should have seen her eyes watching the parade. Although ELP is good I like Spectromagic much better. Got back to the resort late (after midnight) so girls elected to sleep in again the next morning.

Day 9 - Family slept till 10 again and then we relaxed by the pool for the rest of morning and afternoon. Made our way over to Epcot in the evening where we enjoyed fish & chips in England, watched the British Envasion, shopped in Italy, Japan. The girls got Henna tatoos in Morocco and then we watched the
    U2 concert before seeing the show in America. I absolutely love Epcot. Probably my favorite park. When DD is out of high school would love to go to Disney when it's not so hot so I can spent more time during the day in World Showcase.

Day 10 - turns out the Tropical Storm wasn't going to effect us. Got a little rain for about 15 minutes on Day 9 and that was it. Anyways, family decided to sleep in again and then we spent morning and afternoon at the pool. Headed over to MK about 4:30 for our 6:00 ADR at CP. Saw the celebration parade first. Dinner was excellent and DDF had a blast waving her napkin and having her picture taken with Pooh and friends. I love Piglet!! After dinner, the girls decided they wanted to go to the Rock & Glow dance party at HS. So we hopped the monorail to the TTC and this is where things get really interesting. We hop the bus to HS and the bus driver tells everyone to move back to make room. Well, an argument breaks out between middle aged guys on the back of the bus. The one standing won't move because he yells at the bus driver that he isn't packing us in like sardines, another guy tells him to shut up, the bus driver won't move until everyone moves back, the guy standing takes off his camera from around his neck and tells the other guy they should go at it - a teenage boy tells the guy standing up to shut up, that guy's teenage sons now yell at the boy for yelling at their father, then the boy's mother calls 911 so now everyone has to get off the bus. It was actually comical but needless to say, I think I'll transfer at one of the hotels the next time - it took almost 1 1/2 hours to get to HS!!! Anyways, the girls had a ball at the dance party and we got home after 1:00 a.m. and we had an early flight home the next day. Oh well!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What a horrible time on the bus - sounds just crazy!

I'm glad the rest of your trip is going well.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I guess some people don't realize they are at "the happiest place". Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sounds like you had a great trip. A lot of rides mixed with a lot of down time, my kind of trip!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Ok that would have been un-nerving to me to be on that bus! I guess that is what happens when vacationing at the happiest place on earth, mixed with heat and tempers!

Glad you had a great trip!

Thanks for sharing your reports.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Goodness! That was a most unmagical bus ride! Guess the heat and crowds were affecting folks adversely!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Crystal Palace fun? We usually dine there for lunch, but we've never had a bad experience there. Good choice!

Yep, Epcot's WS can get insanely hot, can't it? Especially with the lack of rain - that pavement gets steamy!

Oh ugh. It sounds like someone needed a little extra rest instead of getting on that bus hot, grumpy and tired! I'm glad that it didn't ruin your night, like it had the potential of doing.

I'm sorry your reports are coming to an end! But you're sure finishing in style!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huslovesthemouse View Post
    Day 8 - MK

arrived around 7:55 - just in time to make our way to rope drop. Rode PP, Snow White, Pooh, IASW and saw MP again - did this all before 9:00!!!! We then went on Splash and Big Thunder again. Jumped on the railroad and rode to Main Street where we got off and - you guessed it - headed back to the resort and to the pool.
    It was at this point that we heard about the Tropical Storm headed our way so we changed our plans a little bit. We decided to see the parade and fireworks that night because we didn't want DDF to miss them. (We usually end our Disney vacation by seeing those the last night).
    Had reservations at Whispering Cannon for 6:50 - decided to take a cab so we wouldn't have to rush. Our waitress, Judy, was wonderful. She made a crown in my daughter's hair out of straws and made a hat out of a napkin for DH. We had a lot of laughs. Food was good. Then took ferry over to MK saw fireworks and then parade. These were DDF favorites. You should have seen her eyes watching the parade. Although ELP is good I like Spectromagic much better. Got back to the resort late (after midnight) so girls elected to sleep in again the next morning.

Day 9 - Family slept till 10 again and then we relaxed by the pool for the rest of morning and afternoon. Made our way over to Epcot in the evening where we enjoyed fish & chips in England, watched the British Envasion, shopped in Italy, Japan. The girls got Henna tatoos in Morocco and then we watched the
    U2 concert before seeing the show in America. I absolutely love Epcot. Probably my favorite park. When DD is out of high school would love to go to Disney when it's not so hot so I can spent more time during the day in World Showcase.

Day 10 - turns out the Tropical Storm wasn't going to effect us. Got a little rain for about 15 minutes on Day 9 and that was it. Anyways, family decided to sleep in again and then we spent morning and afternoon at the pool. Headed over to MK about 4:30 for our 6:00 ADR at CP. Saw the celebration parade first. Dinner was excellent and DDF had a blast waving her napkin and having her picture taken with Pooh and friends. I love Piglet!! After dinner, the girls decided they wanted to go to the Rock & Glow dance party at HS. So we hopped the monorail to the TTC and this is where things get really interesting. We hop the bus to HS and the bus driver tells everyone to move back to make room. Well, an argument breaks out between middle aged guys on the back of the bus. The one standing won't move because he yells at the bus driver that he isn't packing us in like sardines, another guy tells him to shut up, the bus driver won't move until everyone moves back, the guy standing takes off his camera from around his neck and tells the other guy they should go at it - a teenage boy tells the guy standing up to shut up, that guy's teenage sons now yell at the boy for yelling at their father, then the boy's mother calls 911 so now everyone has to get off the bus. It was actually comical but needless to say, I think I'll transfer at one of the hotels the next time - it took almost 1 1/2 hours to get to HS!!! Anyways, the girls had a ball at the dance party and we got home after 1:00 a.m. and we had an early flight home the next day. Oh well!

Yes, idiots are everywhere!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: