Quantcast Our Wonderful 11 Trip to the World - Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Wonderful 11 Trip to the World - Day 1

Cast of Characters:

Me - Disney planner
    DH - Disney fanatic
    DD - Celebrating 16th birthday
    DDF - First time visit to Disney (first time flying too)

Day 1 - left home for airport at 4:15 a.m. for our 1 hour drive to Logan Airport in Boston, 6:35 a.m. flight to Orlando on JetBlue. Girls didn't sleep at all and I was working on 2 hours. DH got about 3 hours of sleep - needless to say, we were all exhausted but excited. Our flight down was wonderful - this was our first time flying JetBlue and I can't say enough about it. Comfortable, roomy seats, t.v. screens on the seats, nice staff. We've flown using American, Delta, AirTran, Southwest, and some now defunct airlines and I don't think I've had a more pleasant flight.
    Anyways, arrived in Orlando about 9:30 and there was our Tiffany Town Car driver waiting for us. Collected the luggage and off to Publix to pick up some groceries. Then off to POFQ (our 5th visit to the resort). Arrived at 10:30 and went to the on-line check in desk. Everything was ready for us, including the room - yeah!!! But wait, we had requested building 2 or 5 and they stuck us way in the back in building 3. DH not happy at all. We ask the cast member (who was not nice at all but she was the only cast member for the rest of our stay who was a problem) if they had anything available in 2 or 5, she made a quick (less than 20 seconds) call and said no. We headed for our room and when we went in my DH immediately called the manager and asked about a room in 2 or 5 (you have to understand, we are not complainers at all, but DH figured we were repeat visiters, staying for 10 nights, we should at least get some consideration for our request). The manager said she would call us back and she did with a room in building 5. Yahooooo!!!! So back to the front desk we went to turn in our keys to the World and obtain the new ones. Of course, our room wasn't ready which was fine. We changed into our suits and headed for the food court for lunch. After lunch, we swam for a couple of hours until our room was ready at 3:00 p.m. We called for our luggage while the girls crashed. I unpacked for all of us and then crashed as well. We all slept a couple of hours and when we woke didn't feel like doing too much as we were still tired so we took the boat over to Riverside to explore and then back to FQ to sit by the pool and relax. Went to bed early - next up - early morning entry to Hollywood Studios.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a long day. Glad you were able to get the room you wanted!
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great first day - except for the one unhelpful cast member
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got the room sorted - building #2 is our favourite too
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about a rude cm, but glad you were able to get the building you wanted. Can't wait to read more.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a pretty good start..
    and why does your hubby feel like that? wether some one has been once or fifty times..its wether they actually have a room available!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

DH is in customer service and feels that you should bend over backwards to give the customer what they request if at all possible and obviously it was possible to give us a room in one of the buildings we requested because they moved us to one of those rooms. He thinks it's just laziness on the part of whomever assigns the rooms and he doesn't think that's acceptable.

Post Thanks / Like

You are off to a good start!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huslovesthemouse View Post
    DH is in customer service and feels that you should bend over backwards to give the customer what they request if at all possible and obviously it was possible to give us a room in one of the buildings we requested because they moved us to one of those rooms. He thinks it's just laziness on the part of whomever assigns the rooms and he doesn't think that's acceptable.
    wow ok..
    im sure its not like that..but i guess glad it worked in your favor this time!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

It did work out and we had a great vacation. I don't understand why you seem to be upset that we didn't like our room location and asked for a different location. We spent thousands of dollars down there and I don't think it's such an imposition to request a certain location. It's not like we asked for a specific room, we asked for any room in building 2 or 5. I don't think it's such a big deal and I don't know why the CM who initially waited on us didn't just try a little harder. There were obviously rooms available in building 5 because we were given one immediately when my husband spoke to the manager.

Post Thanks / Like

It did work out and we had a great vacation. I don't understand why you seem to be upset that we didn't like our room location and asked for a different location. We spent thousands of dollars down there and I don't think it's such an imposition to request a certain location. It's not like we asked for a specific room, we asked for any room in building 2 or 5. I don't think it's such a big deal and I don't know why the CM who initially waited on us didn't just try a little harder. There were obviously rooms available in building 5 because we were given one immediately when my husband spoke to the manager.
    im not upset i could careless..
    just the way you wrote it and what your saying about your hubs..seems like you always expect to have your wishes/requests granted..and it just doesnt always work out..wether at disney or anywhere else..
    and what you said about spending thousands of dollars..that is soooo cliche..everyone spends a good amount of money on there vacays you are no different than the next guest..
    wasnt looking to start anything..just wondering why you guys assumed...
    *bRiTTaNy*

Post Thanks / Like

Look, we don't assume anything - we booked months in advance and up until the day we left there were rooms available at the resort. We requested building 2 or 5 when we booked, we followed up as suggested by Intercot members about a month before we left and also following online check-in. Again, there were rooms available in building 5 and they didn't give us one initially which is aggravating - why didn't they just do it in the first place? Maybe if the cast member wasn't rude and at least try to appear to make an effort we wouldn't have thought twice about changing rooms once we were assigned one in building 3 but she obviously didn't try. And as far as spending money being cliche - I find that offensive, obviously everyone spents a lot of money there and I'm sure everyone expects to be treated in a polite manner unlike the cast member who initially waited on us. We have been to Disney 15+ times and at that resort 5 times and this was the first time we every experienced a rude cast member. I also find it offensive that you assume that we expect to get everything we want - you don't know us and it couldn't be further from the truth. We asked politely if there was anything available in building 2 or 5, she spent less than 20 seconds on the phone inquiring and then hung up and said "no." Again, that obviously wasn't true since we got a room in building 5. Please don't assume that people you don't know feel they are entitled - we have been in the past and no gotten what we requested and were fine with it. We just don't like to be treated rudely and we certainly don't treat people rudely. BTW - I notice you're a staff writer for Intercot - I thought Intercot was a fun place to go - to read people's trip reports and let people enjoy the one's you write. I just joined because I was excited to write about our trip - I didn't expect to be judged and critized. I don't know if you read my whole report but you noticed I had nothing else but praise for Disney, their service and what a wonderful vacation we had.

Post Thanks / Like

Look, we don't assume anything - we booked months in advance and up until the day we left there were rooms available at the resort. We requested building 2 or 5 when we booked, we followed up as suggested by Intercot members about a month before we left and also following online check-in. Again, there were rooms available in building 5 and they didn't give us one initially which is aggravating - why didn't they just do it in the first place? Maybe if the cast member wasn't rude and at least try to appear to make an effort we wouldn't have thought twice about changing rooms once we were assigned one in building 3 but she obviously didn't try. And as far as spending money being cliche - I find that offensive, obviously everyone spents a lot of money there and I'm sure everyone expects to be treated in a polite manner unlike the cast member who initially waited on us. We have been to Disney 15+ times and at that resort 5 times and this was the first time we every experienced a rude cast member. I also find it offensive that you assume that we expect to get everything we want - you don't know us and it couldn't be further from the truth. We asked politely if there was anything available in building 2 or 5, she spent less than 20 seconds on the phone inquiring and then hung up and said "no." Again, that obviously wasn't true since we got a room in building 5. Please don't assume that people you don't know feel they are entitled - we have been in the past and no gotten what we requested and were fine with it. We just don't like to be treated rudely and we certainly don't treat people rudely. BTW - I notice you're a staff writer for Intercot - I thought Intercot was a fun place to go - to read people's trip reports and let people enjoy the one's you write. I just joined because I was excited to write about our trip - I didn't expect to be judged and critized. I don't know if you read my whole report but you noticed I had nothing else but praise for Disney, their service and what a wonderful vacation we had.
    WHOA..
    im not a "staff writer" or anyone who controls this site..just another guest..
    and like i said i wasnt looking to start anything..
    they way you wrote it..it seemed like you were expecting to be treated better just because you spent such and such amount of money..
    and i was wondering why you guys thought that way..soo sorry...
    *bRiTTaNy*

Post Thanks / Like

We don't think that way, never have and never would. We requested certain buildings just like everyone else in the world does. In fact, the accommodations link has thousands of questions about that. As I said before, we probably would have just checked into the initial room given to us but we were aggravated by the rude, unhelpful staff member. Now, everyone has a bad day and when my husband talked to the manager he never even mentioned her, just chalked it up to her having a bad day. If we were "entitled" people, I suppose we would have mentioned that.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not getting involved, but just wanted to let you know this is a great place to read posts and share reports. We all enjoy reading them.

And thanks for sharing yours. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing evening for your first night. Can't wait to hear if you got on TSM! We just returned with no luck and I was not waiting almost 2 hours to get on it!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were able to get all settled in. Port Orleans French Quarter is a really nice resort!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that your flight was smooth and you were able to get into the building you wanted. Looking forward to reading about your family's adventures!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: