Quantcast What Disney film would you like to see remade?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

dangerman Guest

Default What Disney film would you like to see remade?

I have seen a few tidbits that suggest that Disney are about to remake Flight of The Navigator. Now I love this film to bits and it wasn't till recently that I found out Disney were involved in the original movie.

What Disney film would you like to see remade?

I personally would like to see an up to date remake of Song of The South to go with Splash Mountain, as I feel it would be a nice idea to educate people about the story behind Splash.

DM

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I, too, first thought of Song of the South. I'd like to see them keep as much of the original as possible and then just edit/rework the offensive elements and maybe slightly modify the story in keeping with the ride theming, if possible. Even just some revised voicework could go a long way, they'd just need to get some voice actors who are good loopers.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

dangerman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    I, too, first thought of Song of the South. I'd like to see them keep as much of the original as possible and then just edit/rework the offensive elements and maybe slightly modify the story in keeping with the ride theming, if possible. Even just some revised voicework could go a long way, they'd just need to get some voice actors who are good loopers.
    I've never watched the film in full because of the above reason, it was never released here that I am aware of. I think the version I watched was an old VHS tape recording from the TV many years ago and I would guess the offensive bits taken out, as I don't remember anything offensive.

Shame as in most part was a lovely film.

DM

Post Thanks / Like

Who else is with me for Morgan Freeman to play Uncle Remus?
    '93, '94, '95, '97, '98 - Fort Wilderness
    '00 & '01 - Contemporary
    '02 - Old Key West
    '06 & '07 - Pop Century
    '09 - All-Star Music

'10 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I've always said the Haunted Mansion, but that's in the works! So next on my list would be a live-action Beauty and the Beast. The only thing is, there is already a movie coming out called Beastly, so Disney probably wouldn't do their version that close together.
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

I be honest, I don't want to see anymore remakes. Yes, there are probably some out there that could be done better than they were, but all Hollywood seems to be putting out these days is remakes. Doesn't anyone have good original ideas anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent_vf View Post
    I be honest, I don't want to see anymore remakes. Yes, there are probably some out there that could be done better than they were, but all Hollywood seems to be putting out these days is remakes. Doesn't anyone have good original ideas anymore?
    The problem is that many movie studios see original ideas as too much of a risk. They don't know if anyone will come and see the movie. They think that it's a safer risk to release a film that has some familarity, whether it be a remake or a sequel or based on a book, TV show, comic book or videogame.

But I think Avatar was an original idea. However, if anyone other than James Cameron had the idea for the film, it probably never would have been made. But, oh guess what, it's going to have at least two sequels.

If a studio funds an original idea, then its either from a recently successful, well-established director, which they will give a decent budget, or a newcomer, whose budget will be very small in comparison. But the newcomers usually have to go the indie route and hopefully sell it at Sundance.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see an intelligent, live action, remake of the Black Cauldron - the Lloyd Alexander novels are wonderful, and this film was SUCH a disappointment.
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Please, please please no remakes of classic movies. I really hate this idea and would much rather see something new and original than another remake or sequel number 47
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I would much rather see an "Incredibles 2: The Rise of the Underminer", than a remake of any of the classic movies.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a second Incredibles would good as long as they made it to the same great standard they did Toy Story 2 and 3.

But, as far as a remake, I wish they would stick to originals instead of remaking films.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Song of the South is the first thing I thought of too. I was recently wishing that I could buy that movie.
    PrincessJadesMom
    January 1985-Off site
    April 2006-All Star Movies
    September 2007-Pop Century
    October 2010-Pop Century
    January 2012-Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
    February 2012-All Star Movies
    October 2013-All Star Movies
    October 2014-Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome. When I saw the the title of the thread, I first thought of Song of the South as well. Seeing as how they seem intent to keep the old one buried, remake it in a way that you're willing to release so the story can get out again.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I LOVE Haley Mills, and my favorite Haley Mills movie is, "Summer Magic."

I don't know if I necessarilly want this to be re-made, but I definetly think there are a ton of pre-teen girls who have not discovered Haley Mills and would love her as well.

I don't know if I would want anyone to replace Haley, but "Summer Magic" would be a beautiful movie if remade now. As long as it's not Miley playing the part of Nancy!
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: