Quantcast The Poly Peoples Triple Play, WDW, DL and WDW again!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Poly Peoples Triple Play, WDW, DL and WDW again!

Hi all!
    My head is spinning right now with three trips within 6 wks for us...here's what happened!
    My DH was offered 3 different speaking positions within 6 weeks time. The first at WDW, the second in DL, and the third in WDW again. We thought this was all crazy as the offers came in, then we thought..How Cool! We will never have the chance to do this again, LET'S DO IT!!! The rooms are covered by his employer on all three stays, with the exception of a few nights in DL as we extended our trip some, all we need are tickets, and our personal expenses., so off we go!
    First stop: Poly Club Level, 5 nights. A few days after my DH's BD, so we will make this a celebration trip. With so many trips to plan, and having only 3 wks notice for this first one, I taught my 16 yo DD Katie how to book/plan ADR's. She was able to score our traditional first night Ohana's dinner, which I didn't expect. Add in Askerhus, Tony's, Le Cellier, (yep! Le Cellier, 4pm on our third night!), Coral Reef, Cape May Cafe, Sanaa and Kouzzina and we are good to go! Good job for a rookie! The kids and I also have a brunch at CP just for us, while DH works. Our plan is to enjoy this one, knowing there's lots more fun ahead of us. No need to push ourselves and run like crazy.
    Next Up: We are home just a week and a half, and we leave for DL! Through the convention, we were able to book a guarenteed Dreams tower renovated room with a theme park view. 8 nights of a brand new Disney experience for us! I'm so excited and can't even imagine what to expect. I waited my whole life to go to Disneyland, the original. We booked Blue Bayou, Storytellers Cafe, Carnation Cafe and Goofy's Kitchen for brunch. We also have a rental car secured at the DTD location as we will be exploring SoCal as well, and of course the girls and I will take a cheesy tour of the Hollywood Stars homes and we all want to experience the beaches.
    Third up! Poly Club level, we will be there just a couple days after my BD, and for my sons actual BD. We have a lagoon view club room booked. We will take in MNSSHP, Kai will do the Pirates League on the day of the party for his BD, I also booked Archery for him and Steve. We have great ADR's for this one. Ohana's of course, first night, we don't break from this tradition., Sci Fi, and all of our faves for this trip.
    This sounds over the top for sure, but is only happening because of work for my DH! I am so excited for this triple Disney adventure for my family.
    Thanks for reading!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh My Goodness!! Amazing!! I know you guys are good at taking things easy and really enjoying your trip, you will make the most of it, I am certain.
    I can't wait for the trip reports! And, I will go ahead and admit that I am positively GREEEEN with envy! Although, at some point, I wonder .... can their be vacation overload, even a Disney one? Really, I can't imagine ....

Hope your trips are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I guess NJ schools start later? My kids start mid-August in school.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fantastic, Lisa! I want to hear all about DL and how it compares to WDW. That's a trip I want to make one day. I hope you're up to doing a trip report on that.

I'm going back more than I expected this year, too. Conference time for me, I get to try the Dolphin, then family vacation time. We'll be at the Poly. Maybe we'll run into you, depending on dates. Enjoy your travels!

*Northeast school start at the very end of August, beginning of September.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

How great, you are definitely making up for lost time. Looking forward to your reports and the Poly kids' take on DL. Enjoy!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!!!! I am SOOO jealous!! I have always wanted to go the "Mother Land"!! Sounds like you will have a blast! And congrats on teaching your DD well-making really great adr's-you've taught her well!
    Have wonderful time and don't forget to tell us all about it!
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That's really exciting, Lisa! What a great opportunity for you to have lots of Disney fun - on both coasts!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

WOW lots of Disney- Have a very very magical trip!!!

Post Thanks / Like

After all you've been through in the last year or so, It's so good to hear great news like 3 trips to Disney!

(by the way, I want your husband's job...) LOL

Have a wonderful time! Please report back -- I am very interested in going to DL and SoCal, but haven't managed to talk hubby into it yet.

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

first off what does your hubby do? i or my hubby needs to get into that line of work so one of us keeps having to go to disney!!! lol..

sounds like its going to be a whirlwind of great vacations in a short period of time..

i hope you all have a wonderful time!!!!!

i cant wait to read all about the trips whenever youll have time to actually write about them!!

ENJOY!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, would like to know what your husband does for work? What a great opportunity you have been offered!! I hope you have a great time and can't wait to hear all about it upon your return.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sounds like a GREAT time! It's like the opposite of what I do every year. I go to DL so often, that when I get to go to WDW, it's like a big time score! . It's very interesting to go to the two parks within a short period of time. The change in perspective is a bit jarring, but all the uniqueness of each place is really apparent, and fun to enjoy. If you have any DL/So. Cal questions, feel free to PM me.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa,

YOUR TRIPS SOUND AMAZING!! Enjoy!

Can't wait for the reports!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful experience! I cant wait to hear all about it!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gauvin4 View Post
    I, too, would like to know what your husband does for work? What a great opportunity you have been offered!! I hope you have a great time and can't wait to hear all about it upon your return.
    My husband is a psychologist specializing in Disaster/Terrorism and Trauma. Quite the opposite of my specialty, WDW!!
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Oh My Goodness!! Amazing!! I know you guys are good at taking things easy and really enjoying your trip, you will make the most of it, I am certain.
    I can't wait for the trip reports! And, I will go ahead and admit that I am positively GREEEEN with envy! Although, at some point, I wonder .... can their be vacation overload, even a Disney one? Really, I can't imagine ....

Hope your trips are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I guess NJ schools start later? My kids start mid-August in school.
    Disney overload??? Is there such a thing?? I guess this will be the test of it!!! And our schools start after labor day.
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Sounds fantastic, Lisa! I want to hear all about DL and how it compares to WDW. That's a trip I want to make one day. I hope you're up to doing a trip report on that.

I'm going back more than I expected this year, too. Conference time for me, I get to try the Dolphin, then family vacation time. We'll be at the Poly. Maybe we'll run into you, depending on dates. Enjoy your travels!

*Northeast school start at the very end of August, beginning of September.
    When are you at the Dolphin? Thats where DH will spend some of his days. I think you mentioned a writers convention in an earlier post?
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! I am jealous Have a Magical Trip and keep the trip reports coming
    Jun '00 Jul '03 - All-Star Music
    Aug '05 - POP
    May '07 - All-Star Sports
    Aug '08 - Poly (Honeymoon)
    Mar '09 - POP
    Sept '10 - POP (Our DD 1st Trip!!)
    Oct ' 11-Nov '11 - POP
    Nov '13 -Off Property Bonnet Creek
    Jun '14 -POP (Our DS 1st Trip!!)
    Jun '15 -POP
    Aug '15 -Disneyland (1st Trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip planned. I loved going to DL a few years back (grew up in So Cal) and DH wants to go back next summer. Have a great time!!
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    When are you at the Dolphin? Thats where DH will spend some of his days. I think you mentioned a writers convention in an earlier post?
    July 27-Aug 1 I'll be at the Dolphin for the conference. Romance Writers of America, about 800 writers in attendance (some who have no intention of going into parks- amazingly enough).

If you're a reader and around then, there's a booksigning with about 400 popular authors (and me). Suzanne Brockmann, Meg Cabot, and Nora Roberts are among some of the more recognizable authors signing, in the Dolphin Ballroom on July 28 from 5-7. Anyone there, stop by and I would love to meet you. Signed books make great gifts, and all proceeds benefit literacy efforts. It's a fundraiser.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    July 27-Aug 1 I'll be at the Dolphin for the conference. Romance Writers of America, about 800 writers in attendance (some who have no intention of going into parks- amazingly enough).

If you're a reader and around then, there's a booksigning with about 400 popular authors (and me). Suzanne Brockmann, Meg Cabot, and Nora Roberts are among some of the more recognizable authors signing, in the Dolphin Ballroom on July 28 from 5-7. Anyone there, stop by and I would love to meet you. Signed books make great gifts, and all proceeds benefit literacy efforts. It's a fundraiser.
    I miss the booksigning by 2 days. I am an avid reader. I devour books.
    Lisa

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: