Quantcast Frogg Toggs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Frogg Toggs

Post Thanks / Like

Question Frogg Toggs

Hi everyone. We leave in 2 days (yeah!) and decided to try and do something to minimize the heat. We bought a couple of Frogg Toggs chilling towels. Has anyone used them? Just curious if they are worth the $15 we just spent. Also, if anyone has any tips for maximizing their use let me know as well. Thanks. Mark
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

No review on them but just curious as to where you bought them?
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I found them at a local sporting goods store. They are about $15 each. The box says to run water on them, and as they evaporate they cool you down. It looks like you put them on your neck and they are supposed to cool for 1-4 hours but you don't get wet. I'm guessing it will be closer to 1 hour in Orlando in summer. However, run more cool water on them and you start the process over. According to the box you can wash them and they last for years. If nothing else I will report and let everyone know whether they do any good. Always willing to provide input (either good or bad) and help a few other Disney devotees.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I found them at a local sporting goods store. They are about $15 each. The box says to run water on them, and as they evaporate they cool you down. It looks like you put them on your neck and they are supposed to cool for 1-4 hours but you don't get wet. I'm guessing it will be closer to 1 hour in Orlando in summer. However, run more cool water on them and you start the process over. According to the box you can wash them and they last for years. If nothing else I will report and let everyone know whether they do any good. Always willing to provide input (either good or bad) and help a few other Disney devotees.
    Will be interested to hear how they work.

Have a great trip!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Our team sponsor swim store sells these at our swim meets. I haven't bought one yet, but I was considering it. So nothing to report. I'll be interested in your report so I can decide if I want one for DD.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

We use Arctic Bandanas from SparklingEarth (found on the internet). They are like $5.99 each and also last for like 1,000 uses. They stay cool for like 2 days! Really - after I am done using them, I hang them on a hook to dry out and it takes like 2 days for them to dry out. These tiny crystals swell up a ton and hold a bunch of water. You can also put them into the freezer after you let them soak up the water and they will get colder.

Just some more general info on the subject.

Oh, and they also have doggie bandanas. I got one for each of my doggies and it helps keep them cool too!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

I found a sun shade hat with these crystals also. I have not tried it yet, but I am hopeful. Advert. is
    wet down and wear, cools the head all day.

Westchester County, New York (NYC for work)
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to know how the OP made out with these...
    1978 - I have no idea, I was 5.
    1997 - (August) Carribean Beach with the guys.
    2003 - (December) Offsite for 2 weeks, ultimate honeymoon destination.
    2007 - (May) Marriott Courtyard for 2 days before a cruise.
    2010 - (September) Marriott's Sabal Palms. Gosh it was hot.
    2011 - ??

Post Thanks / Like

We bought Frog Toggs for our entire softball all-star team and they worked really well! Heat indexes were over 100F and these really helped keep the girls cool. They are best used if you keep them in a cooler of 1/2 ice and 1/2 water. They feel real good when you get over heated. I would recommend them, but shop around. We were able to get ours cheaper.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Westchester County, New York (NYC for work)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
    We bought Frog Toggs for our entire softball all-star team and they worked really well! Heat indexes were over 100F and these really helped keep the girls cool. They are best used if you keep them in a cooler of 1/2 ice and 1/2 water. They feel real good when you get over heated. I would recommend them, but shop around. We were able to get ours cheaper.
    Got any suggestions? They get close to $20 each at the places I've looked once you factor in shipping. The outlet site is back-ordered until the end of August, and since we're going on September 5th I'm not sure I want to risk the wait.
    1978 - I have no idea, I was 5.
    1997 - (August) Carribean Beach with the guys.
    2003 - (December) Offsite for 2 weeks, ultimate honeymoon destination.
    2007 - (May) Marriott Courtyard for 2 days before a cruise.
    2010 - (September) Marriott's Sabal Palms. Gosh it was hot.
    2011 - ??

Post Thanks / Like

Polar Breeze - has a clearance section where the cooling scarves go for $6. They have hats, also.

Ummm - note for ladies - they also offer items they call "Boob Tubes"
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I forgot about this post until now, although I did talk about it briefly in my trip report.

The bottom line is they worked great and were well worth the $15 each we spent. I will take them again, and even take them to kids ball games or anywhere you have to stay out in the heat. We ran some cold water in them and even in the heat they stayed wet all day. My wife did not add any water to hers during the day, but I would run some cold water on mine if I found a good fountain. We put them across our necks and they really did keep us much cooler. No one snickered at us that we saw and a few people even asked about them. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. I'm sure there are similar products on the market but I can recommend these.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: