Quantcast Has WDW efficiency prevented a family fall out?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has WDW efficiency prevented a family fall out?

On our first trip to WDW, as we were waiting to board SM, we discovered DD1 had brought a wallet containing ALL her spending money. DH took the wallet to look after for her, giving her a lecture on hotel safes, personal security, only carrying cash for one day etc. An hour or so later she asked for some money from the wallet, her dad insisted he had given it back to her when we exited SM. She didnt have it and was devastated. Another lecture on carelessness followed. I decided to ask at Guest Services, although DH assured me it was waste of time. Sure enough, it was there. Still with all the cash in it! I asked where it was found, and yes you guessed it, it was in the log at SM where it had fallen out of DH's back pocket! Apologies all round! The wonder of Disney Magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a great story and it makes me believe there are still honest pople in the world.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

That's AWESOME!! I am so glad that someone had the decency to return your DD wallet. Especially with all her money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

So nice that there really ARE good people left in this world! So glad your DD got her wallet back!!
    "Thank you for choosing Magic Carpet for all your travel needs. Don't stand till the rug has come to a complete stop. Thank you, good bye now, good bye, thank you, good bye..."

1984, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008,
    2010 x 3, 2011 x 3, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

It was the CM loading the log with the next passengers who found it. Well done CMs! And thankyou

Post Thanks / Like

The same thing happened to my aunt last year in Epcot. We just stopped on our way out of the park just to check knowing that there was no way they were going to have it. Sure enough, her wallet was there with all the cash in it. There are still some good people in this world!

2013 - Yacht Club - It has been TOOOOO long!
    2010 - Yacht Club - Something New!!!
    2009 - Poly at Christmas!
    2009 - WL Villas again! Party of 12!
    2008 - WL Villas
    2004 - AKL
    2002 - PORS
    2000 - Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Similar story happened to me. I lost my wristlet with money and tickets in it. I was so upset, but when i went to the central lost and found some one had turned it. I was so surprised that some one was honest enough to turn it in. But unfortunetly a group of the Brazilian tourist pick pocketed my bf and stole his wallet and money.
    My laughin' place is a doom buggy

12 times at the world and counting!
    Next trip: June 20 2013

Post Thanks / Like

A few years back,my DH left his brand new digital camera atop a fastpass kiosk once. We noticed it was missing when we arrived at the castle for lunch. He retraced his steps and ran into a custodian who had found it and put it in a locker for the time being. We were so happy because we shad all our pics plus were about to leave for the cruise the next day (with almost no camera)!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

We found a wallet on our last trip. DH took it straight to Guest Relations.

So glad that your DD got her wallet back!

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Good story. Yes, there are good people everywhere!

Post Thanks / Like

On a trip with my grown daughter - it was our last day and she had to catch her flight before me so we decided to make a trip around World Showcase one last time so she could get some great pictures. She stopped at the German store to pick something up for her bf and then we headed back to the resort to catch her ride back to the airport. As we arrived at the resort she noticed she no longer had her phone so I ran back to World Showcase and since our only stop was Germany I checked there - no phone. We had taken a cab back to the resort so I hailed a cab and gave them the specifics of the cab (where we were picked up, what time etc). They located the cab. Then got me a cab to where that cabbie was waiting for a passenger, got her cell phone and then my cabbie located her bus taking her to the airport at one of the resorts picking up guests (Magical Express) and asked it to wait for us. He got me to her bus and we got her cell phone returned to her. She was doing international business and all her contacts were on her cell phone and without it, she was lost. Then the cab returned me to my resort and didn't charge me for the ride. I tipped big let me tell you. Disney went way beyond service that day. The phone was an expensive one and no one would have been the wiser if someone had found it and decided to keep it but they were honest. That is what keeps the magic alive there.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Great Stories!!!
    " YO HO YO HO "

Post Thanks / Like

Great story!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I lost a brand new cell phone and a package with a tee-shirt left behind at the now closed Comedy Club in 2006. It was turned in and I couldn't have been happier.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: