Quantcast Memorable character interactions...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Memorable character interactions...

I was just looking through some videos from our last trip and laughing at the conversations my 2 sons had with the Princesses at Akershus. My boys were 3 and 4 at the time and talked their ears off about all the details of their stories. Ex: my boys went on and on with Snow White about how she should have never eaten that apple (to which she replied she isn't allowed allowed to eat apples anymore unless they are in apple pie). They asked Aerial about her legs and she explained that her father turned her into a human for the day...and they loved talking to Aurora about the dragon at her castle. I just loved that my boys were at the age to interact with all the characters and to remember all the details of the stories!

Anyone else have cute/memorable interactions to share?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So sweet!

The first time we took our special DS (who didn't talk alot) a couple years ago, we went to the Judges tent. He was just starting to understand the concept of meeting the characters and when they 'sign book'. When he went up to Goofy, he stopped and looked up at him, grinned so big, then politely reached up and grabbed (and held on!) to Goofy's teeth! It was priceless! Thank goodness for a PhotoPass photograher who was on the ball and got the pic! And Goofy....well, he was great...he just stood there and let him hang on as long as he wanted to...no conversation necessary!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I believe our DN (Skeeter) holds the record for the longest Mickey hug ever. 2006 @ Chef Mickey's character breakfast, as Mickey was making his 2nd round, our DN reached out to him for a hug and Mickey crouched down to hug him, and it went on...and on... and on... for a good 45 sec. to a minute. Luckily, I was able to get it on video. And after that tender moment...a typical 3 yr old Mickey nose tweak!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Last summer we spent a week in Disney and then a week in Indian Rocks Beach on the Gulf. On the way back to I-95 we surprised the kids with BF at O'Hana. The characters were amazing! Stitch stole our salt shaker and tied it in Pluto's tail. My youngest told Pluto and Stitch sent my son to stand by the pole for tattling. We had so much fun! It was so magical!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was when I was 19 years old. I'm just a huge kid at heart and have always loved the characters as much as the little ones do. This was way back when the characters were just around. They did not have special places to see the characters so it was a real treat to see them. Well I saw Pluto and he was just coming out so I ran to get my picture with him. He scooped me up in his arms off the ground. That is my most favorite moment and picture.
    Scrappy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefmickey3 View Post
    Last summer we spent a week in Disney and then a week in Indian Rocks Beach on the Gulf. On the way back to I-95 we surprised the kids with BF at O'Hana. The characters were amazing! Stitch stole our salt shaker and tied it in Pluto's tail. My youngest told Pluto and Stitch sent my son to stand by the pole for tattling. We had so much fun! It was so magical!
    That was so cute! This put a big smile on my face and a chuckle
    Jun '00 Jul '03 - All-Star Music
    Aug '05 - POP
    May '07 - All-Star Sports
    Aug '08 - Poly (Honeymoon)
    Mar '09 - POP
    Sept '10 - POP (Our DD 1st Trip!!)
    Oct ' 11-Nov '11 - POP
    Nov '13 -Off Property Bonnet Creek
    Jun '14 -POP (Our DS 1st Trip!!)
    Jun '15 -POP
    Aug '15 -Disneyland (1st Trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Our unique character moment happened at Disneyland when my DD was about 3 or 4. We were sitting just off Main Street near first aid. The character go back stage just beyond the benches we were sitting on. Along come Aladdin and Genie.... and Peter Pan and Wendy. All four characters sat down with her to visit. It seemed like quite a while and DD just loved it. Luckily, I have pictures. When do you ever get characters from two different stories to take pictures with. It is still one of my favorites.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite character moments was with Chip and my DH in the Liberty Tree Tavern. My DH and I were having dinner and our table had a corner that Chip could hide behind so my DH couldn't see him. Chip reached around and tapped my DH on the shoulder and then jumped back behind the corner. I just kept a straigt face. Chip did this a couple of times before my DH jumped up to "catch him in the act". It was so funny to see a grown man playing with one of the characters especially when he had been saying, "I can't believe you booked this meal where all of these characters keep coming by and bothering me while I'm trying to eat." By the end of the meal I had my DH posing with Goofy too.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip Mom had just been diagnosed with sleep apnea and they hadn't gotten a machine regulated for her yet. She also has other medical problems and sometimes just can't stay awake, especially during that time. We had breakfast at Tusker House and we had met all the characters. Mom was finishing her coffee and my sister and I went off to get something else. When I got back to the table Mom was sitting there, soundly sleeping. The best part was Mickey had walked up to her to interact. She was sitting up straight so it took a little bit to know she was asleep and when I stepped up to the table he was just standing there looking at her and all around with no idea how to react. He looked at me, made a yawn motion and a quiet motion and moved on. I wish I'd had my camera!
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to do this, but I simply can't pick just one . . . .

1. DD's first princess sighting. What parent of a little princess doesn't remember that moment??? It was her first trip, first morning, first step in the parks. Directly to the castle to meet Cinderella and her princess friends. Truly magical!!

2. Chip and Dale at Liberty Tree Tavern. Dale came by first and quickly discerned that my son is the biggest chipmunk freak EVER. He came back a few minutes later with Chip (totally messing up their rotation, I'm sure). As luck would have it, my son had gone off to the potty at the time.

Chip and Dale SAT DOWN and WAITED!!!

Son coming back down the stairs, sees them, and FREAKS OUT. . . fearful that they may move on before he reaches our table.

"CHIIIIPP!!! DAAAAY-UL!! WAIT FOR MEEEEE!!!"

They clogged up the process entirely, but stayed and spent several magical moments with my son. It was the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face. Ever.
    Second Star to the Right, and Straight on til Morning!

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

On my most recent trip in march, I took my step daughter with me. She had never been to WDW before and was very excited to go to the Princess Dinner at 1900 Park Fare. My boys are 15 years old and had been to WDW a few times. They weren't too eager to do a Princess dinner. They thought it would be all little girls...and for the most part it was BUT...

The step sister's were absolutely hilarious. They both tried to get my boys to marry them...fighting over who would marry which twin. Even Cinderella got in on it, joking about setting the boys up with her step sisters.

It was really nice to see my boys enjoy and laugh so much and forget all about acting "cool" like they do at home here.

I am heading back in September. At WDW my teenagers don't have to act a certain way to fit in. That means a lot to me. They just have fun!
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, back in 2002 me and my family went down to WDW with a friend of mine's family. We were walking around Fantasyland and we saw Governor Ratcliffe from "Pocahontas". My friend's mother and I approached him and she was all assertive with him and everything while I just meekly said hello, but that wasn't the best part. The best part was that after we had our picture taken, I wished him best of luck on his never-ending quest for riches. Since my friend's mother wasn't completely familiar with the movie, I had to tell her that it was part of his character that he had an affinity for gold and such as we walked off. My own mother then added in, out loud, that John Smith would teach him a lesson and then there we looked back to find Ratcliffe implying coming over to reprimand us! It was too funny!

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was 8 Mickey Mouse tried to throw me out of a restraunt.

We were having the Donald's Restrauntasaurus character breakfast and Mickey came to the table I'd been eating the Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes and after an incident with them he tried pushing me out of the fire exit. Luckily Donald came to my rescue, pushing Mickey out of the fire exit while I jumped out of the way.

We're all friends again now though.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

The first of these is rather funny. It happened when I was 8 years old, one of the very first times I went to Disneyland. While coming off the Jungle Cruise, I noticed that Jasmine and Aladdin were signing autographs. At first I was a little sad - my parents didn't like to wait in line for things like that. But then I realized that said wait wasn't actually that long. Four kids at most. I begged and pleaded my parents to let me get a picture. They took one look, then said yes. So into line we went. Like I said, it took about two minutes tops and then we were at the front of the line. I hugged Jasmine, then turned to hug Aladdin when I noticed he was staring at me funny. I asked him what was wrong and he exclaimed, "You have diamonds in your teeth!" I'll be honest - at first I had no idea what he was talking about. But when he pointed at my teeth, I remembered I had braces. Oh, yeah. He went on and on for about five minutes about how rare and valuable my teeth were, and how I was a 'diamond in the rough.' It was so weird, but so very funny. I got my picture, making sure to smile wide, then we left. As we were walking away, he called out, "Royalty coming through!" I loved it.

And the second one: One time I was at this private meet'n'greet with Mickey Mouse. My sister, mom and I were in line, waiting for our turn. Yes, I had butterflies. xD Anyway, when it was our turn to go up, my mom held my sister back and told me to get a picture with him alone. Like in all those commercials, I ran forward (I was 16 at the time) and hugged him for all I was worth. Then, we went to pose for the picture. My mom, being the person she is, said, "She's your biggest fan, Mickey!" Well. Hearing this, Mickey suddenly walked toward me, his hand held up. Silly me, I thought he wanted to shake. I put my hand out, only to have him grab it, turn it downward and get down on his knees. Like a prince. He then kissed the back of my hand as my mom and sister snapped picture after picture of my blushing face. A few seconds later, he got up, we hugged one more time, and then we let the next person up. It was possibly my greatest memory, and one that I relive a lot. I was so embarrassed, but so happy at the same time. I truly am a Mickey Mouse fangirl.
    Does it get any better than this?
    Yeah. I thought so :)

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip, my son got three differnt lipstick marks on his face from three princesses. I thought it was pretty great.

Also, 4 out of the last 5 trips, Pluto will stick his nose right on the video camera. My kids always get a kick out of him.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

When my DS was about 4 years old, we were watching the 3pm parade in Magic Kingdom & Pocahontas came right up to him & kissed him on the cheek- it was priceless!

Also that same trip, we were in DHS near TOT before RNRC, & Genie & Meeko came out behind the fence, DS ran over & just hugged Genie so hard that he fell to the ground & my DS landed on him. They laid there for a few minutes just laughing - another priceless moment!

Post Thanks / Like

man where do I start... we had countless character interactions this past week.

My most favorite was the hug from snow white
    http://family.webshots.com/photo/290...84639932xfUCHn

but honestly the coolest was when we met mickey and minnie during the MNSHHP. He posed us in a great family portrait after begging minnie to come over (she was angry that mickey hadn't given her a ring yet) http://family.webshots.com/photo/286...84639932RSRtMx

our even getting to meet and talk with Snow White, Sleeping Beauty
    http://family.webshots.com/photo/242...84639932AiMSSs
    http://family.webshots.com/photo/222...84639932GbxMIe

Minnie's reaction to Adrianne's ring the 2nd time we met: http://family.webshots.com/photo/218...84639932quWcBE

this might be right up there in the running... A signed engagement card from Eeyore, Piglet, Pooh and Tigger: http://family.webshots.com/photo/220...84639932qldCab
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    man where do I start... we had countless character interactions this past week.

My most favorite was the hug from snow white
    http://family.webshots.com/photo/290...84639932xfUCHn

but honestly the coolest was when we met mickey and minnie during the MNSHHP. He posed us in a great family portrait after begging minnie to come over (she was angry that mickey hadn't given her a ring yet) http://family.webshots.com/photo/286...84639932RSRtMx

our even getting to meet and talk with Snow White, Sleeping Beauty
    http://family.webshots.com/photo/242...84639932AiMSSs
    http://family.webshots.com/photo/222...84639932GbxMIe

Minnie's reaction to Adrianne's ring the 2nd time we met: http://family.webshots.com/photo/218...84639932quWcBE

this might be right up there in the running... A signed engagement card from Eeyore, Piglet, Pooh and Tigger: http://family.webshots.com/photo/220...84639932qldCab
    Congratulations!! The pic from the Halloween party is great!

Post Thanks / Like

I had some really fun ones this past weekend. Dad and I went to Pixie Hollow. He was dressed as the mad Hatter for halloween, so he says his hair is blue, and vidia and tink came over to fawn and i to see what all the fuss was about. it was great!
    Just call me Jen ;)

2/11-8/11: WDWCP DHS Attractions - GMR
    Current - GMR/JTA/Star Tours

Previous Trips:
    10/21/10-10/24/10 - Halloween Party
    9/10/10-9/12/10 - Tink Weekend :D
    6/23/10-6/30/10
    March 2010
    March 2009
    10/24/08 - 10/25/08
    August, 2007
    Many, Many more....

Post Thanks / Like

One of my most memorable character moments was a few years ago with Capt. Hook & Mr. Smee. My Niece was unfamiliar with the Peter Pan film so when she was about to get an autograph I told Capt Hook that she called him a cod fish & he began to chase her around. When she tried to hide behind me I told her to start going "tick tock tick tock" which made him run & hide behind Smee. She was so amazed at the interaction but the funniest is right before we took a picture, Capt Hook took her Minnie Mouse backpack & him & Mr Smee started throwing it back & forth to each other playing keep away from my Niece. I wish I had a video camera then because it was hilarious.

Also right after that they look at my Wife's Tinkerbell autograph book and started holding their noses as if to say Tink stinks.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12