Quantcast Best shoes to wear

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best shoes to wear

When i go to Disney i usually go in July so it is extremely hot and humid. I like to wear flip-flops in the parks, but can no longer wear them . I hate wearing socks and sneakers in the parks because i feel like my feet are suffocating. Any other options where i don't have to wear socks that would be suitable for a lot of walking?
    My laughin' place is a doom buggy

12 times at the world and counting!
    Next trip: June 20 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from a week at WDW this evening and my entire family wore crocs that had been broken in the entire week. my DS and I ankle socks with ours but my wife and DDs did not. In past years, I wore sneaker and socks in late June, but need a change. Have a great trip!
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I know they are technically flip flops, but Fit-Flops are my shoe of choice. They are so comfortable, have arch support, AND keep my feet cool and dry.
    '93, '94, '95, '97, '98 - Fort Wilderness
    '00 & '01 - Contemporary
    '02 - Old Key West
    '06 & '07 - Pop Century
    '09 - All-Star Music

'10 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home yesterday and I mixed it up. Wore sneaks & ankle socks some days, flip flops/sandals others. Was totally comfortable all week.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

distrips Guest

Another vote for Crocs and while you say no flip flops, I highly recommend you try the Croc flip flops. They are the best thing for my problem feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely another vote for crocs - there are so many styles that you are bound to find one for you - flip flops, clogs, wedges, slip ons - all in fab colours - and they weigh next to nothing.
    Jo

Next trip Sept 2014 - POFQ
    Oct 2011 - POFQ
    Oct 2009 - POFQ
    April 2008 - off site
    Nov 2006 - CBR
    March 2005 - Disneyland Paris
    Oct 2004 - AKL
    April 2003 - off site
    Dec 1997 - off site
    June 1995 - Disney California

Post Thanks / Like

Try a good broken in pair of walking sandals, like BearTraps of Birkenstocks. Good luck!!

p.s. whatever you decide, don't wear a "New" pair of anything!
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

All I bring to Disney in the summer is Tevas. They are GREAT! I find them very comfortable, they are supportive, they breathe, and they dry out like nobody's business.

Sneakers in the summer are asking for trouble. You sweat, they stink, and once wet, you can usually plan on them being wet the rest of the day (or longer) and stink the rest of the week.

Post Thanks / Like

I was the last person to join the Crocs bandwagon because they're so odd looking, but they are seriously comfortable and now they have other styles besides the clog.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Crocs and Fit Flops are my shoes of choice. Wore them the whole trip last summer and never had a problem with my feet, which I have had in the past, even with sneakers.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

I was never a fan of crocs, but I wore the Mickey Crocs the last time I was in the world and I was totally sold. They might not be pretty to look at, but they breath, allow your feet air, you can get them wet (on purpose even if you need to cool down) and they dry out, you don't need socks...

I've always had sore feet by day three or so of my trips. You know, where you're standing in line alternating between standing on one foot or the other...I did not have any soreness the entire trip wearing my crocs every day!

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Fit Flops. They even come in styles that wrap over your foot, instead of between your toes like most flip flops. I have to say I LOVE my Skechers Shape Up flip flops, too. They are the more traditional thong style shoe though.
    Have Fun!
    There is just one moon and one golden sun. And a smile means friendship to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

When I go... I either wear sneakers, Crocs or Tevas (which are water-proof hiking sandals). It really depends on the weather and the park though...

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Thanks, and have a zippidee-do-dah ride!

98 - WL, 00 - WL, 04 - Off Property, 05 - Off Property, 05 - Downtown Disney: Grosvernor, 06 - PO:FQ, 07 - PO:R, 08 - PO:R, 09 - PO:R... Can't wait for Summer 2011!

Post Thanks / Like

Although I hate the look of Crocs I broke down and got a pair. They are pretty comfortable. Break them in first. I can't stand sneakers and socks either. Esp. on a water ride- forget it! Walking around in soggy wet socks and sneakers is the pits. I usually go the flip flop way but since that is not an option check out crocs. They have alot of different kinds now, too, if you don't care for the traditional looking sort.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I always wear Birkenstocks to the parks. They aren't the prettiest either but my feet never hurt when I wear them. They don't feel the greatest when wet however, so that's where Crocs or Teva's might be a better choice, although I've never tried either.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been a sneaker person with ankle socks. The sneakers I wear are my running shoe so these are a lightweight mesh fabric shoe. Very breathable. might try those.

I may have to get some crocs though, still think they would be uncomfortable
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

What ever you choose--plan on something that is fairly "old and broken in". If you walk as much as we do...plan on getting rid of them when you get home because you will wear holes in at the heels.

Last two trips, kids had to throw shoes away because they wore them out...so no more brand new shoes on this end and no complaining about feet hurting.

Have fun!
    1974 Off Site
    1975 Off Site
    1985 Off Site
    1989 Off site
    1994 Off Site
    2000 Dixie Landings
    Mar 2007 POR
    Mar 2008 POR
    Nov 2008 CSR
    Mar 2009 POP
    Mar/Apr 2010-POR
    Jun 2010--POR
    Mar 2011--All Star Sports
    Aug 2011-All Star Sports
    Dec 2012-POR
    Feb 2014-POR
    2015-POR
    2016-POR

Post Thanks / Like

I too am a sneaker and sock person. I like my Birkenstocks, but could not go all day wearing them. It really depends on what you are comforatable in for several hours and miles per day.

I usually buy new sneakers a few weeks before vacation, but only break them in slightly because they are going to get a workout at WDW.
    Polynesian & BLT October 2011!

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Easy Spirit slip on sneakers. They give me the support that I need to be comfortable all day long. The nice part is that they have no back similar to a flip flop. (I live in flip flops all summer long). When it is really hot and steamy I can slip my feet out and air them out.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I have to have orthotic inserts due to scoliosis, so flip flops, sandals, crocs, etc. are out of the question for me in the parks. (I can wear them for short periods at home, but would pay dearly with back pain if I did too much in them.)

What I DO wear is ASCIS mesh top cross trainers with ankle socks (haven't tried the shoe top style socks, but they should work as well.) These shoes breathe very nicely and I can have my inserts for back and arch support.

Whatever you DO wear, make sure they are well broken in and comfortable! Good luck!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: