Quantcast Jetblue change

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Jetblue change

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Jetblue change

Got an email today stating that our flight down to MCO was coming in about a half hour later than scheduled. Not such a big deal, but still annoying. The worst part is that our return flight has been moved up THREE HOURS. What gives?! We speficially booked these dates because it worked out best not only for price but because of the non-stop flight on the way back. We LOVE that non-stop because it leaves at 8pm.

Anyone else have issues with their Jetblue flight changing? And what do you think the odds are that they'll change it back before we leave in October? I plan on calling to complain.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Slim and nil they will change it back. That plane has since been routed somewhere else.

I might suggest next time try Southwest if they fly from your town. I hae yet for them to moe a flight, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

No SW at our airport. I think we currently have Delta, Continental, United, USAir, and JetBlue.

We've flown Jetblue since they first started offering flights from Burlington, and never had a problem. The late non-stop in the past has been awesome because it allowed us so much extra vacation time on our last day. Coupled with the fact that they are always at least $100 less expensive than the others, it's been a no brainer. If this switch-a-roo becomes normal for them, though, we'll have to rethink our plans.

Post Thanks / Like

Happens all the time - especially when you book futher out....
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happened to us... but they changed it to leave later... yeah, more time in the parks But they did also change the type of plane... we had originally a 3 and 3 seat arangement, but they switched it to their "smaller" plane, and it's now a 2 and 2... bad thing was they moved our 5th to another row in the back of the plane?... so I had to quickly rebook our seat locations to be near each other. Not fun.
    SorcererJim

Post Thanks / Like

We had it happen, too, when we booked further out... and they didn't change it back. But -- they did offer us a different flight for the one that had been moved more than an hour, at no change fee... so you might check into that, and see if another flight now works better. Good luck!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We booked weeks ago and paid for flights in full early to get (what was at the time) these great flight times.Only to have jetblue change them THREE TIMES since then.You can't cancel once you've paid.I was told they would issue us a credit for our full dollar amount that would have to be used within one year.I have been e-mailed the changes and they've called my cell phone twice.Now i'm holding my figurative breath until we board the plane in september!!

Post Thanks / Like

I received an email yesterday. Was nervous to read it. Our departure flight was scheduled to leave NY at 8:25am and now it is 8:20m .

Our return flight to NY was scheduled to leave at 1:00pm. Now it is 12:55pm.

These are minor changes. I hope they don't make any big changes as our trip is only 5 days and we need all the time with can get. I wouldn't mind if the return flight was later so could go to the parks that day .

Karyn
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfirsttimer View Post
    I received an email yesterday. Was nervous to read it. Our departure flight was scheduled to leave NY at 8:25am and now it is 8:20m .

Our return flight to NY was scheduled to leave at 1:00pm. Now it is 12:55pm.

These are minor changes. I hope they don't make any big changes as our trip is only 5 days and we need all the time with can get. I wouldn't mind if the return flight was later so could go to the parks that day .

Karyn
    Those are the only types of changes we've dealt with in the past. I almost kind of expect them now, since Jetblue does email customers even if it's only a few minutes different. I just didn't expect a three hour difference. Which, btw, I found out is because as of October 1st they are no longer offering the 8pm non-stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Be glad you even got an email. They moved my Mom's flights once and never even told her, so she missed her plane home and had to spend $250 to get a Southwest flight at the last minute!

This is why I will never fly Jet Blue!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Jetblue's not the only one... we flew Delta a number of years ago, booked 11 months out to get the right flight times & layovers (travelling with an 18month old requires longer time between planes).

They changed the flights so instead of the 90 minute layover in Atlanta, it was 35! Oh, and they didn't notify us, I happened to check flight status.

I called and complained, and they wanted to charge me to change flights. I politely told them, "no. you made the change. I'm traveling with young children and there is no way to make that plane. Here are the new flights I want... (already having done the research)". I got what I wanted.
    -------<br />June 05 - WL<br />Sept. 01 - Poly<br />Sept. 97 - CR<br />May 96 - Off Site<br />June 94 - Off Site<br />June 93 - CBR

Westchester County, New York (NYC for work)
    Post Thanks / Like

They called me on Saturday to tell me that they changed my flight home to leave 10 minutes later. Fortunately, no big deal.

But for some reason, we'll land only 8 minutes later than originally planned.
    1978 - I have no idea, I was 5.
    1997 - (August) Carribean Beach with the guys.
    2003 - (December) Offsite for 2 weeks, ultimate honeymoon destination.
    2007 - (May) Marriott Courtyard for 2 days before a cruise.
    2010 - (September) Marriott's Sabal Palms. Gosh it was hot.
    2011 - ??

Post Thanks / Like

The same thing happened to me with Delta & American in the past. It's frustrating but it seems if the flight time changes by a significant amount of time you can cancel or change it without penalty. Maybe that's something to look in to.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Are you flying back to Maine? We had our return flight on Jet Blue in September moved ahead 3 hours as well. We were disappointed as well since it cut into our last day in Disney.

This was our third change, which Jet Blue said was because we booked our flights so far ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonscraps View Post
    The same thing happened to me with Delta & American in the past. It's frustrating but it seems if the flight time changes by a significant amount of time you can cancel or change it without penalty. Maybe that's something to look in to.
    We did. The 5pm is now the last flight of the day, so no going later

Quote Originally Posted by etibbetts View Post
    Are you flying back to Maine?
    No, Vermont. Since you've been affected too, maybe they're cutting back on those later leaving flights to NE?

Post Thanks / Like

Flying isn't what it used to be...that is for sure!!!

I guess we should be thankful that the airlines even let us book a seat. (That was meant to be sarcastic...)

My expectations aren't as great either these days, just happy when I arrive at the destination and home again. Being on-time would be more than I could even hope for!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: