Quantcast Grocery Store @ WDW Hotels

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grocery Store @ WDW Hotels

We will be staying at the Poly in July. I would like to get some Milk, bread, water bottles, pop to put in our hotel fridge. We have never stayed on site this is our first time. Is there a store in the hotel or another hotel we can go to, to get this stuff?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We always order ahead of time from GardenGroccer and our supplies are waiting for us at the hotel when we arrive. Their service has always been great and it saves the trip to the store. I highly recommend them.
    Last edited by TammiMcMan; 06-16-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: url indicator removed per terms of service
    Disney Villas 1986/CR 1988/Dolphin 1992/POR-GF 1996/WL 1997/CBR 1999/WL 2001/BC 2003/POFQ-HHR 2004/BWV-VWL 2005/POLY 2006/ AKL 2006/YC 2007/Wonder-BCV 2008/WL-BLT 2009/POLY 2010/BWV-Dream 2011/CSR 2012/ YC 2013/YC 2014

Post Thanks / Like

You can certainly easily obtain those items at the Poly. The fridge in your room is like a dorm fridge, so you wont have tons of room -- but enough for a quart of milk and pop and stuff. Easy peasy!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Prepare yourself for the sticker shock. $$$$$
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help. I was prepared for sticker shock. I wanted to rent a car from the airport for the day to go get groceries and then drop off the car at a Disney Rental location. My husband said it would probably be cheaper to just get them at the resort because adding the cost of the rental car to go get the groceries off site before we get to the hotel would cost more. Has anyone bought groceries on site before? If so, how much does a 1/2 gallon of Milk cost and a 2 liter of pop?

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly can't remember... but it isn't an astronomical sum. We were buying milk and pop there at the end of May, and compared to the park prices, they were giving it away! You can also get a loaf of bread and some basic grocery items.

We opted for gallon bottles of water, then filled our own stainless steel water bottles to carry to the park with us (and in the room just poured glasses of water from the gallon jug). It was very cost effective (and eco friendly too!). The jugs of water might have been $2-3 .
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

A half gallon of milk is like 2.50 and a box of muffins ran about 3.50. They do have a nice little selection of a few groceries. It probablay would be cheaper than renting the car.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to head over to the Contemporary for a better selection. I've found that the DVC resorts have a better "general store" setup. Not sure if the prices are much better, but the selection should be.

Also, Fort Wilderness is but a boat ride or two away and they have a great store for groceries.

We've done a grocery delivery as well as limo stop to pick things up. In the end, it's all just about the same. You may pay more on site but it will probably offset the grocery delivery charge, and then when you factor in the rental car costs, it's almost certainly going to exceed any "savings" you might see off-property.

Post Thanks / Like

We are using the Quicksilver with the free stop this trip. IMO if you are interested in picking up beer/wine/water in addition to the groceries it makes sense. If your only looking to p/u a few items than the resort should be fine.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at BLT over Christmas and the CR store had everything we needed. We had called ahead to GardenGrocery and probably wont do it again. The service worked and was reasonable but they substituted a lot of the stuff we ordered. We have several people with dietary issued so this didn't work for us.

The prices were "resort" prices but we didn'tthink they were too outragious. For lots of stuff at the "in resort" store you can also use up some of those snack credits that pile up if you're on the dining plan !!
    Me - Randy - 46 (Wheelchair User & ADA Expert) DW - Chris - 40 DS - Alex - 12 DD - Reagan - 6

DVC Members since 12/31/09 !!! (BLT)
    October 2006 - Offsite --Dec 2009 - Xmas - BLT -- Oct 2010 BLT

Disability is the only minority that anyone can join at anytime....Access is good for Everyone !

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: