Quantcast Anyone take their "last trip"? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Not us, but my brother and his family took not just a "last trip"- but a "once in a lifetime" trip. We (who will never take a Last trip) went with my brother, his wife and my two nieces on their "once in a lifetime" trip in October 2008. Needless to say, when we all got back home, they asked us if we could help them plan their next trip. It is infectious!!
    July 1976-Off Site
    March 1993-Off-Site
    Oct. 1994-Port Orleans
    Feb. 1997-Port Orleans
    Dec. 1998-Dixie Landings-Cruise-Dixie Landings
    Nov. 2001-Caribbean Beach
    Nov. 2004-POR-CRUISE-POR
    Sept 2005 DL Paradise Pier
    Dec. 2006 POP
    Dec. 2007 CR
    Nov. 2008- POR
    Oct. 2010 BWV
    Nov. 2011 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We take our "last trip" every 9 - 12 months....It is the last trip before the next trip!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We are taking 2011 off. We usually go during April school vacation but next year it falls during Easter Week. As much as I love Disney, I just can think of going when it's super crowded.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

We spent a fortune Oct. 2008 for our "Once in a Lifetime" trip with our 2 boys - ages 8 & 17. Thought this would be our "Disney Trip" for them to experience and that would be that. HA! I wasn't back 3 weeks before I was itching to go again and 18 months later we were BACK! I was on the plane ride home wondering how I could afford to take my family again and how soon! LOL. Sometimes - that Disney magic just hits you out of the blue when you least expect it. We won't ever have a "last" trip - just a "next" trip waiting.
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

In the past all of our trips were of the 3-4 day variety and I was thinking that a "vacation" from Disney would be a good idea. So about 5 years ago what was going to be our "last" trip was an 8 day one. I figured more time there would get it out of our systems.
    Ha! It actually refreshed us - we found ourselves enjoying Disney even more. Needless to say since then the trips are longer ones.

Someday I see myself in front of a group of people saying Hi, I'm Phil and a Disneyholic
    and it'll feel great!
    wolfhog

past trips:
    once or twice a year
    since 83 on
    & off (shame on me - I know)
    property

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I hope I never know when I've taken my last trip . . .
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

We have said that three years straight and gone back to DW each time. I really think this year is "that" year. We are going to try New York City with my DDs. We will be back, i know. Once it gets in your blood, you cannot stay away.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

The past couple of years we have said we are going to take a "break" for a couple years and do something different. That was Sept '07, we took a cruise in '08 and by July of '08 were planning a trip for March 2009. We took our little brother and sister (12 and 15) March of this year and are going back in November. We don't have kids yet and really enjoy our trips just the two of us.... plus I have some surprises in store for my DH this trip (ADR's and hotel). I think the only thing that will keep us away for 2-3 years is when we get pregnant and the first couple years with our children... Other than that, I don't think anything can give us the same feeling..... I love it and get so excited at the thought of going soon!!!!
    June 2003 Offsite Condo
    June 2004 Caribbean Beach
    June 2005 Honeymoon POFQ
    January 2006 POP
    August 2006 CBR Trip with the In-laws
    September 2007 AKL
    March 2009 & 2010 POFQ
    November 2010 POFQ
    November 2012 POR
    November 2013 POFQ Family Reunion
    January 2015 POR
    January 2016 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.. Ain't going to happen.. Just get i out of your heads.....lol

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

What's that? We had a "break" between trips dh and I would go a few years in a row and then stop for awhile. My parents would take us for a few years in a row and then we'd go other places on vacation. Now I have kids, and we've been home for about a month they keep asking to go back and telling me how much they miss DW. My 3 yo soon to 4 yo, was watching an old DVD and saw CA in the previews and had to find me to tell me she wants to go to California to see MM now because he has a ferris wheel there So dh told me we're done for a few years, and I just say OK............. I know we'll be back in a year especially since it will be my brand new nieces 1st bday next May and that's when our annual trip is!!
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

I was always afraid I would have to say that one day would be my last trip to WDW so to prevent that most unwanted of days from coming anytime soon we bought a DVC membership at BLT then last month we were on our Cruise and we decided that not only was it not enough to stave off that last trip one day but to ensure it would not come any time soon we bought a second membership at The Grand Californian... So now there will not be a last at WDW or DL anytime soon... thank Goodness for DVC

Post Thanks / Like

what language is that? I'm not sure I can translate those words! LOL!
    Magic is everywhere if you know where to look!

Visiting Disneyland since 1969 & Walt Disney World since 1994!

Disney Fan since birth!

Post Thanks / Like

there will never be a "last trip" for me.
    NEVER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MushuGrl View Post
    We keep saying we're going to stop going to WDW and go elsewhere for vacation. However...it makes us happy, we know without a shadow of a doubt we love it there, and no matter how much we plan to go "elsewhere", we always end up right back at WDW.
    I couldn't have said it better myself! We actually took a year off last year and went to DC and then up to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls. It was a nice vacation, but I love WDW. And here we come again this year!! Maybe we will just start WDW on alternating years .
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a similar DL story for you.

It was always my dream to see the original Disneyland Park since I was about 4. 3 years ago I had 2 free airline tickets to anywhere I wanted. I chose to take my little sister to DL. At the time I didn't make much money, and was trying to move out of my parents house. So I knew that I would never be able to afford a cross country flight+Hotel+theme park tickets+food ever again. I started an experimental web based business as a side job and watched that explode into an unprecidented success... 3 years later, the trip that I thought I'd never get to take again is happening twice this year.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't for grandchildren, we probably would never have come back but have manage to get back, if not every year, at least every two years lately. The first time with grandchildren, I figured it would be the last with DH. He was ready to change venues. But we came back alone one year (miracle) and he was hooked. We had to skip one year in 2008 after I was able to go twice the year before but we went back last year for our 40th Anniversary and had a ball! It was even DH's idea that we go back this year with ALL the kids with a bounce back offer. I was in shock! It didn't quite work out but we are going back in 30 days with half of them. I can't wait! I don't think there will be a last time anytime soon like there possibly could have been back in 2006. It helps when we get the 40% off military discount too! Keep up the discounts, Disney!
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

My parents took me to WDW every year as a child and they joined my children and me on every trip that my kids have been to WDW also. Our last trip was the 10 days of October in 2008. In spring of 2008 my mother was diagnosed with cancer and given 6 months to live. She died shortly after our return from WDW. Since then it has been hard to think about returning to WDW as at times it will be emotional thinking of all the memories we shared there with my mother. Well as they say time heals and my children, Dad and myself are heading back down in a 17 days. Also per my Dad's request we are going again the week prior to Christmas. I am sure we will have some emotional moments during our trip but we will also have new Magical Memories to share
    Every year from 76 to 87 offsite,
    Sept 93 POFQ
    Sept 95 POFQ
    Sept 97 POFQ
    July 05 ASMV
    July 06 ASMV
    October 08 ASMV
    July 10 POFQ
    December 10 POFQ
    June 2011 ASM
    December 2012 POFQ
    August 2014 ASSP

Post Thanks / Like

Since no one actually said it, here it goes...I'LL TAKE MY LAST TRIP WHEN I'M DEAD! LOL
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually my last trip will be the one I take in December. I wanted to make sure I saw the Christmas decorations at all the resorts and wanted to research the traditions of the countries. I booked my trip through MJ and made all my ADR's but I can't seem to get excited about going. I thought if I didn't do too much research before going I would get more excited the closer it came. Didn't happen. So I decided I would get on the boards more and read some of the more uplifting posts but that isn't working either. I am now hoping just time passing will help. Otherwise - I am lost.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

The trip we took this past February may be the last trip we take until 2013. We're expecting our first little one in August, and will need to take a break due to expenses. DH and I are both going through MAJOR withdrawals! Especially since my little sister is working in entertainment through the College Program right now and is performing in DEP!! AGH!

Hopefully my little sister is able to get a regular job with Disney upon graduation (less than a year away), and we can have a REALLY good excuse to go back sooner!
    1984-1989:Florida resident pass holder
    January 1991 & 1993: off-site
    April 1996: ASM
    April 1998: ASM
    December 2001: off-site
    May 2004: off-site
    December 2006: Pop
    January 2008: Pop
    November 2008: POFQ
    May 2009: POR
    October 2009: POFQ
    February 2010: Poly