Quantcast Is everyone going in september? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom2000 View Post
    I am going back at a time nothing is being offered only because I have become so disappointed by the crowds when it was suppose to be a "Non-crowded" time of year. I can't believe how many kids come during these times when they are suppose to be in school. Do parents take their kids out of school this much just to come to Disney??? I love Disney but not at the cost of my kids education.
    Can't speak for everyone else, but my kids are homeschooled. We love taking advantage of the fact that many other children are in traditional schools during the months of Sept-May. Their education doesn't suffer in the least.
    When I was a child myself, I went to traditional schools, and my parents took us out for family vacations. If the teachers are doing their jobs correctly, and you as the parent are doing your bigger, more important, job correctly, then your child's education will not suffer from spending a week outside the walls of the school building.
    Although, I can see how this would be annoying to adults who were hoping to get a child-free WDW experience.

Next up: November 2014
    DH, DS12, DS11, DD4, DD3, and me- along with my two sisters and their hubbies, ten nieces and nephews, my parents and MIL! As my youngest girlie says, "Yee-HAW!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, folks, we're a little . We don't need another "take kids out/don't take kids out" discussion. We've had 5 billion already. So, let's get back on topic of why September crowds, which is what the OP asked about. If you want to say "more kids are being taken out of school" that's fine. We just don't need a discussion on the merits of that (or lack thereof, depending on your position).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneykid@hrt View Post
    We went in October and it was pretty busy. I blamed free dining. We went in January and although it was FREEZING (for Florida anyway) the crowds were low- and that was during the buy 4/ get 3 deal.

When I think about what the people that come for Christmas and in the summer have to go through... I don't know if I'll ever have the patience to go through that!! I'm shaking my head at 20 minute wait times...
    Except that free dining ends Oct. 2nd (and in the past has ended around that same date). Don't blame the October crowds on free dining.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going in Sept..

I'm taking my Mom for her first trip in Sept (21-29th) I planned it in February, so I had no idea about the free dining, but we got a 40% pincode and that saves us MUCH more. I planned this time of the year because I was hoping it would be less crowded and not as humid as the summer..
    *~* A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes*~*

FIRST TRIP: August 2007 - Coronado Springs
    LAST TRIP: September 21-29, 2010 - Wilderness Lodge!
    NEXT TRIP: December 2014 (in planning stages)

Post Thanks / Like

I hope everyone is going in Sept. Hopefully that means smaller crowds for us in August!
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRay View Post
    We home school and I know that more and more families are turning to home schooling these days. We are going in September because we do year round school (3 months on 1 month off) and that is our break. I know in September WDW is having home school week the first week of September, just an FYI.
    Wow we are going to miss the Home School Days by just a couple of days. I didn't even know they had that! It is now on my radar. (We are home schoolers too! )
    Amy
    First trip in 1983...at 5 yrs old and have been hooked ever since!
    Next trip: Last week in April 2015 at Fort Wilderness Campground

Westchester County, New York (NYC for work)
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there in September... 9/5 - 9/13.
    I'm hoping that'll be a good time to go. The Touring Plans crowd calendar lists the 5th and the 6th (Sunday and Monday of Labor Day weekend) with crowd levels of 6 and 5 respectively, but the following days are listed as 2/2/4/1/1/3, so I'm hoping this is realistic.

Going to be hot that week, huh?
    Last edited by Strmchsr; 06-15-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: tos
    1978 - I have no idea, I was 5.
    1997 - (August) Carribean Beach with the guys.
    2003 - (December) Offsite for 2 weeks, ultimate honeymoon destination.
    2007 - (May) Marriott Courtyard for 2 days before a cruise.
    2010 - (September) Marriott's Sabal Palms. Gosh it was hot.
    2011 - ??

Post Thanks / Like

We're going back for our second September trip. We don't do free dining, but it is still a good time of year. People seem reluctant to take kids out of school so early so it's not too bad crowd wise. The restaurants are crazy with free dining, but we stick to CS.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default September for us too!

Our DS's school is closed the last week in September every year for the county fair. Perfect time to head to WDW!!
    Tonya
    1988 Off Property
    Fall 1993 College Program
    1998 Off Property
    1999 Off Property
    July 2007 Wilderness Lodge
    Aug 2013 Off Property
    Sept 2016 AK Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We also homeschool and find that September is an awesome time to take the kids to DW. We even use all the neat exhibits at Future World and the wonderful events at World Showcase to enhance what we've been learning. My DD, who is 9, adores Animal Kingdom and all the kidcot stops there. My DS, who is 14, is very interested in all the behind-the-scenes action at Hollywood Studios. It is very possible to use DW as a learning tool instead of using it as just a vacation. It's all about how you plan and your ability to actually interact with and teach your children. I know a lot of parents of kids who attend public school who use DW as a teaching opportunity. Last February our two nephews along with their mom went to DW with us. We took pictures of all the activities they were involved in during the week, and they did a presentation when they returned to school. The principal liked it so much that their absences were coded as a field trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We had originally planned to return to WDW in December, but a variety of factors forced us to change to September. 'Free' dining will be a nice plus.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I just booked our 4th September trip, twice with free dining and new kids stay, we have 3. We love this time of year for crowds, discounts, and using the pools. We attend year round school that starts in July and has a 3 week break in September. Each time we have gone in September we run into others from our area. December is too cold, March too busy and June too crowded and expensive. September is a good fit.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: