Quantcast Ticket Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Ticket Question

Post Thanks / Like

Question Ticket Question

Okay...We've been a few times but we have always gotten park hoppers. For our trip in October we've done the math and single park tickets make more time and $$ sense.

Just one Question...

If we have a base - 1 park per day - ticket and we are staying on site - can we go back to our resort and then return later to the same park with that ticket or is it 1 visit in 1 park per day ?

Am I making any sense ?

We will have a couple of small children and my wife has had bariatric surgery so sometimes things she eats can disagree with her and she needs to go lie down. We want to make sure if some in our party of 8 need to leave that they can rejoin the rest of us (in the original park) later on the base ticket.

Thanks...probably a very obvious answer but we want to make sure before we buy the tickets.

Randy W
    Me - Randy - 46 (Wheelchair User & ADA Expert) DW - Chris - 40 DS - Alex - 12 DD - Reagan - 6

DVC Members since 12/31/09 !!! (BLT)
    October 2006 - Offsite --Dec 2009 - Xmas - BLT -- Oct 2010 BLT

Disability is the only minority that anyone can join at anytime....Access is good for Everyone !

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, with a base ticket, you may leave a park and then return to the SAME park later in the day. You will not have a problem.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have to get a hand stamp too.
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tundramom View Post
    I think you have to get a hand stamp too.
    So far as I know, hand stamps were phased out quite some time ago.

You can return to the same park on the same day as many times as you'd like if you don't have a park hopper.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

DisneyLAND does hand stamps. The World does not unless there is a computer outage on the turnstiles.

Germantown, TN : 824 miles from the Magic
    Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is, with base tickets, you can only visit one park per day, but you can go in and out of that park as much as you want on the day you visit.

At WDW, your ticket will be linked to the park you visit when you enter and "scan" your finger. If you try to enter a different park on that day, it won't let you. But as long as you are going back to the same park you should be fine.

I'm considering this same option for my next trip with DW, as we will probably spend most of our time at Epcot and DTD. No sense in paying for a feature that you won't use.
    Late '70s - Contemporary
    04/08 - All-Star Music
    09/08 - All-Star Music
    03/09 - All-Star Music
    09/09 - PORS (F&W Fest)
    10/11 - POP (F&W Fest)

Next Trip -- NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!

My laughin' place is a Doom Buggy!

Post Thanks / Like

Park Hoppers are a good idea during peak times, when there is a chance that the park will deny entry because it has reached a certain level of capacity. Since you are going in October, I doubt that you need to worry about this happening to you, so you should be fine with the base ticket.

I kind of miss those hand stamps.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone ! As usual I knew I could count on you guys for the answer.

We priced it out and are planning 4 days in the parks so we're buying 5 base tickets each plus tickets to MNSSHP so that gives us a day in each park and two alternatives (Party and maybe an EMH night) and it was still a big savings over the hoppers.

We'll try it this time and if it doesn't work then...lesson learned ! LOL
    Me - Randy - 46 (Wheelchair User & ADA Expert) DW - Chris - 40 DS - Alex - 12 DD - Reagan - 6

Disability is the only minority that anyone can join at anytime....Access is good for Everyone !

Post Thanks / Like

If, after a day or two, you find that you really need the park hopper option, you can still add it.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wedoada View Post
    Thanks everyone ! As usual I knew I could count on you guys for the answer.

We priced it out and are planning 4 days in the parks so we're buying 5 base tickets each plus tickets to MNSSHP so that gives us a day in each park and two alternatives (Party and maybe an EMH night) and it was still a big savings over the hoppers.

We'll try it this time and if it doesn't work then...lesson learned ! LOL
    If you are planning 4 days in parks, then why buy 5 day tickets? You cannot use two days on a ticket to enter two parks on the same day. I can see, and understand, the MNSSHP ticket gaining you access to MK on one evening (after 4pm) - but not the extra day on the base tickets.

But, maybe I am missing something.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

If you are staying at a Disney Resort, you can not be turned away from a park, even if you had visited earlier, left, then returned at a later hour to that same park.

Those staying 'off-site' might have trouble on maximum capacity days trying to return later, but you won't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fastpasssteve View Post
    If you are staying at a Disney Resort, you can not be turned away from a park, even if you had visited earlier, left, then returned at a later hour to that same park.

Those staying 'off-site' might have trouble on maximum capacity days trying to return later, but you won't.
    Not really correct. There are four "phases" of capacity closings, and while on-property guests get turned away much later (and MUCH less often) in the chain of closure phases, NOBODY is guaranteed re-entry. If the park reaches phase 4 (the worst level) everybody but Mickey and Minnie get turned away, even if you left and wanted to re-enter, even if you have a PH, even if Walt used to be your neighbor.

I think Phase 4 closures are, in reality, usually limited to only MK and Epcot and usually just around some long weekends and July 4th & Christmas, but are possible at any time.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

We planned on buying the 5th basic ticket per person so we could go to say....Animal Kingdom during the day...and use the "spare" ticket to go to EMH at epcot later that night.

Wouldn't that work ??? Or am I missing something ? LOL (wouldn't be the first time !)

Randy W

Post Thanks / Like

We planned on buying the 5th basic ticket per person so we could go to say....Animal Kingdom during the day...and use the "spare" ticket to go to EMH at epcot later that night.

Wouldn't that work ??? Or am I missing something ? LOL (wouldn't be the first time !)

Randy W
    Sorry, won't work. The computer will stop you out the turnstiles if you try to enter a second park on the same day UNLESS you have paid for the $55 park hopper option.

There are no other ways to enter two diffrent parks without the park hopper option, regardless of how many days are on a ticket.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

When you go into one park on a "one park per day ticket" and then try to come to another park, the screen on the turnstile will say "crossover denied".

Only one park entry is allowed per business day regardless of how many days are on the ticket. Once that ticket is inserted into the turnstile, that one day is for the that business day and that is ALL it will read. It will not read and take off an additional day for another park during that business day.

5 days on the ticket, 5 DIFFERENT business days.

Really very simple. Trust me, I see this every day that I work turnstiles. Always have guests that want us to take off another day so they can go to 2 parks the same day. Doesn't work that way. Always hear, well "they told me at the hotel it would", but they can never tell us who "they" is and won't say which hotel.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...I guess that will save us the cost of the extra ticket. THANKS !

So one more related question then....we planned on doing Disney Studios in the morning and then MNSSHP that night....since the party is a hard ticket I assume that we'll be okay....or is this a one park - one day situation too ?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...I guess that will save us the cost of the extra ticket. THANKS !

So one more related question then....we planned on doing Disney Studios in the morning and then MNSSHP that night....since the party is a hard ticket I assume that we'll be okay....or is this a one park - one day situation too ?
    The MNSSHP is what's called a "hard ticket" event. Your MNSSHP is a totally separate ticket from your regular theme park ticket.

Think about it this way: It wouldn't make any financial sense, but you could buy two totally separate 1-day theme park tickets (NOT a 2-day ticket), and use one of those 1-day tickets at DHS in the morning and then use the other 1-day ticket at MK later that same day.

The MNSSHP work in that same way. It's separate from your regular Magic Your Way ticket, so there are no rules about entering one park with your MYW ticket and then later entering another park using a totally separate ticket.

So yes, you can use you non-hopper to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios in the morning and then later that same day you can use your separate MNSSHP "hard ticket" to enter the Magic Kingdom as early as 4 p.m.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: