Quantcast Captain EO returns

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Captain EO returns

Quote from the Cast Member information web site:

• Twenty-four years ago, at the height of his entertainment career, Michael Jackson teamed up with Disney, producer George Lucas and director Francis Ford Coppola to create Captain EO, a groundbreaking 17-minute 3D film experience.
    • The classic musical spectacular, which thrilled Epcot guests from 1986–1994, is scheduled to return to Epcot on July 2. The film’s return to the Imagination pavilion will provide new audiences the opportunity to experience the original 3D production for the very first time, as well as a nostalgic look back for longtime fans wanting to see Jackson in a rare performance created for the big-screen.
    • Honey, I Shrunk The Audience will close temporarily for a refurbishment sometime in the next few weeks to make way for the Captain's return.
    • Captain EO will also return to two other Disney Parks locations this summer. It is scheduled to open at Tokyo Disneyland on June 30 and Disneyland Paris on June 12.

Also see the Press Release below.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's too bad... Maybe it'll make the lines a little shorter for Soarin' though.

Post Thanks / Like

At least it's better than the wasted space that Honey I Shrunk the Audience is taking up right now. I'll be curious to see if DH is interested in seeing it again, and if DS, 12, has any interest in seeing it for the first time.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind seeing it. I missed the first run. I wonder if it will still be running in November?
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. I never thought they would do it. I won't be lining up for that one. But good for the fans.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Athough not a fan of the choices Michael Jackson made in life, I did enjoy this presentation and will likely see it again!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

DD loves the one at DL. That one is running through the begining of Jan 2011. She saw it for the first time when they started the tribute at DL. Hopefully if/when we get to WDW in Oct. it is nice to know that DD and I can see it there.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I never got to see it. I hope it's around till November!
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    11/11 - All Star Vacation Home & FWC
    5/11 - POFQ - D23 Destination D
    05/10 - POR & BC
    1976 - 1st visit & many childhood visits after!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it the first time round and didn't like it then so won't be visiting Imagination this trip. Maybe ground breakig then but dated now.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

saw it in disneyland, absolutely no interest to see it again....In 1985 it was ground breaking, 25 years later, not so much.
    THis is so unlike Disney. Disney has always looked toward the future instead of falling back to the past....why don't they bring back Horizions, the wild toad ride, If I had wings, if you wanted to bring back something from the past...this is just about cashing in on an unfortnate death.
    I"m sad.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

You can certainly look at it as cashing in but maybe it's about giving fans what they want. When MJ passed away, the 1st thing my son said was "I wonder if Disney will bring back Captain EO". I don't think they would bring it back if they didn't feel there was enough demand.

Personnaly, I'm good with or without it....because I spend my time at EPCOT eatin' - drinkin' - SOARIN'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    THis is so unlike Disney. Disney has always looked toward the future instead of falling back to the past....why don't they bring back Horizions, the wild toad ride, If I had wings, if you wanted to bring back something from the past...
    Actually, it's very much current Disney. To put this in place, I expect they will just swap out the movie, maybe fix a couple of the seats in the aging theater and hope it attracts people to the park. To bring back any of those others would actually mean an investment in the parks, and there's no money for that.

I really hope to see no lines there this summer, but something tells me I shouldn't hold my breath. The majority of the people in the parks will probably think it's something new and flock there like lemmings.

Post Thanks / Like

My 6yr old son is beside himself that he might get to see this! To him Micheal is the greatest entertainer in the world. Does anyone know how long this will last? We will be there mid-Oct.

Post Thanks / Like

My 9 YO niece is a big MJ fan. She will definitely have us waiting in line for it. I never saw it the first time around so I have no idea what to expect.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad Captain EO is coming back. I saw it during the first run and am interested to see if it has the same appeal this time around. We are making a trip in October and I'm the only one in our group who has seen it. I'm looking forward to introducing others to Captain EO.

I saw Honey I Shrunk the Kid as soon as it opened, got a huge bruise on my leg from jumping away from the mice and haven't gone back!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know when Honey, I Shrunk The Audience closes? We will be there at Epcot May 7-9.
    Nov15-MVMCP; Mar12-Poly!; Dec11-MVMCP; Dec10-MVMCP; Oct10-CBR; May10-WL; Oct07-10k Race4Taste; Jul07; May07-5k Minnie; Jan07; Dec06-MVMCP; Oct06-ASM MNSSHP; Feb06-Poly!; Dec04; Nov02

Post Thanks / Like

I actually never saw this- so we will be seeing in when we go in August. It apparently had quite an impact on my husband when he first saw it- even today he is still talking about how the 3-DE blew him away, lol.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginny57 View Post
    You can certainly look at it as cashing in but maybe it's about giving fans what they want. When MJ passed away, the 1st thing my son said was "I wonder if Disney will bring back Captain EO". I don't think they would bring it back if they didn't feel there was enough demand.

Personnaly, I'm good with or without it....because I spend my time at EPCOT eatin' - drinkin' - SOARIN'
    i understand what you're saying, however, whether or not the fans wanted it or not, woudl Disney have considered this before his death?
    I love MJ. I think he was the best entertainer in the world. however,if for just the things we know are 100% true about him, I disagree w/ bringing it back.
    the only good thing, like someome mentioned, it might draw people away from some of the modern up to date attractions.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Good point. Lots of MJ related things are happening since he passed and no corporation is going to do this sort of thing unless it is going to be profitable and Disney must have reason to believe it will be.

Disney is my escape from reality but they are in business to make money for their share holders and they make decisions accordingly.

I hope it ends up being a positive experience for those who see it. The crowds will dictate for sure how long it sticks around.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

You won't find us in line for it.

I'll just leave it at that...
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: