Quantcast 11 Days in the Parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 11 Days in the Parks?

We are heading to DW in May for a 10-night stay. Due to a change in flights, we will have time to spend 11 full days in the parks. We have been told we can only purchase a 10-day park hopper and we will have to pay full price for an additional day. Is there any way to get an extra day without paying the $300+ it will cost for our family of four? An annual pass won't be cost effective because we won't be back again this year. We know we could skip a day during the stay, but we would rather be in the theme parks.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by discodad; 04-05-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: fixing signature
    Don and Lorrie

Dec 92 WDW off site (Christmas)
    Mar 96 Grand Floridian and Caribbean Beach
    Dec 02 WDW off site (Christmas)
    Jun 03 Dolphin
    Dec 05 Contemporary (Christmas)
    Jun 06 Port Orleans Riverside
    July 07 Coronado Springs
    Sep 08 Contemporary
    May 10 Bordwalk Villa

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You could go Resort hopping and and check out the different themes.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

I know it is tough to imagine a trip without the opportunity to visit a park every single day, but the reality is there are so many things you can do outside of the parks!

You could:

--Buy a single day water-park pass for the extra day

--DisneyQuest is always an option... or a general Downtown Disney day

--Tour the resorts... the boat ride from DTD to POR is lovely and with the right guide, educational! Monorail rides are also always nice...

--Go play mini golf

--Hang out on the Boardwalk

-- Hike around the lakes or at FW

Or any combination of the above! Honestly, I relish the thought of a miscellaneous day at Disney to sleep in, casually visit the pool and enjoy as we go.

I hope this helps!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way to get that 11th day any cheaper than $300+. I assume that you are planning to spend all 10/11 days at the 4 main parks and not so any water parks, right?

If you are not doing water parks, you are out of luck for 11 days in MK/AK/HS/EPCOT.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take a day for the water parks. They are alot of fun. Other than that you could on your last day go to Downtown Disney.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the water parks. Maybe split a day between the water parks and DTD? They really are fantastic

Not sure when in May you're going, but I was in WDW the first week of May in 2008, and it was plenty warm enough to enjoy the water parks! I'm sure if you're going any later in May, it will only be nicer
    Many trips as a child!
    March 2006 - POR
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - ASMu
    February 2009 - Offsite
    May 2010 - SSR
    February 2012 - SSR
    August 2012 - CSR
    October 2013 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the ideas. We have thought of a lot of those, but we don't want to miss a dining opportunity. It seems like there should be a way to add a day without starting over. It is hard to imagine being that close and not going into the theme parks.
    Don and Lorrie

Dec 92 WDW off site (Christmas)
    Mar 96 Grand Floridian and Caribbean Beach
    Dec 02 WDW off site (Christmas)
    Jun 03 Dolphin
    Dec 05 Contemporary (Christmas)
    Jun 06 Port Orleans Riverside
    July 07 Coronado Springs
    Sep 08 Contemporary
    May 10 Bordwalk Villa

Post Thanks / Like

Would about Universal? Just for a change. Blasphemy on Intercot.

We always try to plan for a "day" at just the resort for relaxtion.

Otherwise ... I like the "resort hopping" idea or a day at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.

DTD can be an all day excursion.

I am sure whatever you choose will be a magical day. Good Luck!
    CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of those times I would pull out the extra single day tickets I accumulated over the years.

Yeah, US residents aren't given an option for more than a 10 day ticket. Now, if you were coming from England!

An AP might not be all that much out of range. Remember park hopping is included, and if you went with a TiW card you could save 20% off TS meals (if you aren't on the DDP). That 20% is also off beverages and apps as well.

May not be in the cards, but a quick run of the numbers may proe it to be a little more reasonable than you think.

Post Thanks / Like

As disneyrox states - in the UK we can get 14 or 21 day ultimate tickets - which includes water parks and disney quest and has the park hopper option
    Having said that we always schedule in a couple of non-disney days.
    I personally love Typhoon Lagoon, so I would go there and head over to DTD afterwards - still disney so you don't get withdrawal symptoms!
    Jo

Next trip Sept 2014 - POFQ
    Oct 2011 - POFQ
    Oct 2009 - POFQ
    April 2008 - off site
    Nov 2006 - CBR
    March 2005 - Disneyland Paris
    Oct 2004 - AKL
    April 2003 - off site
    Dec 1997 - off site
    June 1995 - Disney California

Post Thanks / Like

I hear what you are saying about being so close to the parks and not going to them, but honestly, you will NEED a day off and a day to just CHILL.

We have been home for 3 days now and my legs are still killing me (walk walk walk and walk some more)!!

I went to City Walk to visit the Hard Rock Cafe Orlando, very cool FREE outdoor shopping experience and I think by the time you visit, the Harry Potter ride will be open there (sorry Intercot, hope I'm not breaking any rules).
    Fell in love with Disney on our first trip March 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

We usually enter the parks every day too, but if it cost that much extra, we would do a day like this:

-Sleep in!!!
    -Go for a run or walk around our resort
    -Head to DTD for a CS lunch and shopping
    -Play mini golf
    -head to a monoral resort for a TS meal
    -watch wishes from the beach at Poly
    -watch electric water pageant from beach

Post Thanks / Like

We're basically in the same situation for our trip in May...staying 11 nights/11 days. I'll echo what others have said...you cannot get the extra day any cheaper...your only option is an annual pass if you want to go the "cheapest" route.

As for us, yes, I hate not having a day at the parks..but we're going to use that day to do the Wilderness Segway Tour and rest at our resort. There are TONS of dining options without going to the park...you can easily spend a day at Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk and not feel like you're missing anything. There are so many wonderful places to eat outside of the parks, so don't feel like you have to be at a park to have a good meal.

There is so much to do that you honestly won't feel like you're missing the parks...so in addition to the water park suggestions, look into some of the other activities, such as the tours, water sports, and shows (Cirque du Soleil, Hoop Dee Doo Review, etc.)

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

I would use the 11th day as a water park day, Bliazzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are both brilliant with awesome rides and breath-taking scenery. We normally do both but mix it so that we spend half a day at a water park and half a day elsewhere. If you were feeling adventurous though you could do one in the morning and one in the afternoon. They could also be combined with Downtown Disney, Disney Quest or one of the other activities.

In Britain we get (as someone already said) a 14 or 21 day pass which give sunlimited access to all of WDW over that time. We are using the 14 day pass this year when we go for a couple of weeks in September and October. So my final piece of advice: be British!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

I would personally spend the extra day sightseeing Orlando area. There is a ton to do in the area and a vacation to Florida, wouldn't be complete for me without getting at least one sightseeing day.

Why not take a day off midway between your stay? Sleep in, Go shopping, swim at your pool, go to DTD, catch a movie at DTD amc theater, go to the water parks, go to Disney Quest, See La Nouba, resort hop, Also there are tons of places to visit outside of WDW, like the local shops and restaurants.

I could think of hundreds of things to do with that extra day.There is a ton to do in the area without having to spend the extra money on the extra day ticket.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a couple of things:

If you're a Florida Gator fan (and you should be ), rent a car and head up to Gainesville and visit the stadium. It's pretty cool. Then on the way back, go to St Augustine (oldest city in the US) and get some fantastic seafood at the Santa Maria.

The other option would be to head to the Kennedy Space Center at the Cape. It has a lot of cool stuff worth seeing and it closes about 5pm. That way, you can get back to WDW for a late dinner.

Also, if you're a religious person, you can find a local church to hit on Sunday. That way you can repent for cursing under your breath at all those people who crowded you and cut in line during the previous week
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take one day and go to the West Coast and enjoy the white sand beaches. You could go East but the sand is brown. (white sand goes between the toes and brown sand goes into concrete). Go to the old fort south of St. Petersburg or take in a baseball game in St. Pete.

Go to Windermere and try to find Tiger's house in IsleWorth.

Post Thanks / Like

we go for 9+ days every time that we visit. however, we also rent a car for a couple days to visit non-Disney attractions, the outlets, spend time with local friends, enjoy the waterparks and downtown disney. we also visit our favorite parks multiple times, splitting the park into sections for each time we visit. IE: world showcase 1 day, future world another day.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Here's a couple of things:

If you're a Florida Gator fan (and you should be ), Put on your jorts, rent a car and head up to Gainesville and visit the stadium. It's pretty cool. Then on the way back, go to St Augustine (oldest city in the US) and get some fantastic seafood at the Santa Maria.

The other option would be to head to the Kennedy Space Center at the Cape. It has a lot of cool stuff worth seeing and it closes about 5pm. That way, you can get back to WDW for a late dinner.

Also, if you're a religious person, you can find a local church to hit on Sunday. That way you can repent for cursing under your breath at all those people who crowded you and cut in line during the previous week
    Fixed it for you.

Seriously, a "do nothing" day mid trip may be a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by discodad View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. We have thought of a lot of those, but we don't want to miss a dining opportunity. It seems like there should be a way to add a day without starting over. It is hard to imagine being that close and not going into the theme parks.
    Downtown Disney has some great dining options, Ragland Road, Wolfgang Puck's, T-Rex. So you could spend a day shopping and not miss out on a great meal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: