Quantcast Best place to watch wishes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best place to watch wishes

I'm going to WDW on march 27 - April 1, I know that is a very busy week being spring break, so I'm wondering where the best place to watch wishes from is.

I've heard a lot of people say from the beach, does that also allow you to hear the music? is there music with it?

Which beach is best, and how crowded does it get?

Is there a place in the park that is obscure, that offers a good vantage point?

I'm not a fan of standing in a large crowd, that isn't what I enjoy, so that is probably why i've never watched it before.
    [*]2011 Wilderness Camp Ground Apr 17-21
    [*]2009 Pop
    [*]2007 - 2010 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2005 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2002 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2001 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2000 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1998 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1989 Off-site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

if you have the dining plan , eat at O'hana and get a window seat....you can't hear the music, but it's an awesome view.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Narcossee's at GF is also a great place to watch Wishes (and to eat). If you're not interested in dining, there's plenty of space outside to get a good view.

Inside MK, I was pleasantly surprised to find plenty of elbow room for viewing Wishes on the sidewalk area near the Mickey & Minnie topiaries in front of the castle - though it may just have been the luck of the evening and the timing of our visit (March). Also, I've been down in the rose garden near the pavillion and had a good view. It's not the same effect as having them centered around the castle, but still beautiful. Again, it may have had more to do with the time we were visiting (January).

Frontierland/Liberty Square can also be nice, plus you can take your time exiting and enjoy nearly empty walkways by the time you amble out to Main Street.

Post Thanks / Like

I happened upon an awesome place in December ... next to the Rose and Crown there's an outdoor seating area to the left, you have to enter through the check in desk for the restaurant, but you can buy food at the counter service and some beer and watch the show from a table. We got there about 45 minutes early and got a table. Its like people didn't realize t was open seating.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I happened upon an awesome place in December ... next to the Rose and Crown
    They were asking about Wishes specifically . For Illuminations, you are correct.

For Wishes, you can watch from the beach at the Poly. People may correct me, but I think they pump the music in. As for watching at MK, I don't think there is an obscure place where people will not be. The show is designed to be watched from in front of the Castle. It does have a different feel from other vantage points and can provide different perspectives.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct about me asking for Wishes, but that tip about illuminations is also very useful.

Thanks

I understand that the place will be very crowded. I did get a glimpse of the show last year near the carousel, sorta by accident, the ropes were up restricting access, so I just waited it out, and watched from behind the castle. After seeing that, I now want to watch it for 'real'

Thanks
    [*]2009 Pop
    [*]1989 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

If you've never seen Wishes, you really should see it the first time from Main Street, even though the crowds will potentially be large. Right at the end of Main Street in front of Casey's is my preferred spot. Sure, there's a lot of people, but it's usually not elbow to elbow (except on the obvious days - Xmas, July 4th, etc.).

Wherever you see it from, make sure that you can hear the music/narration, as this really makes the show. Last trip, I watched it once from the pathway going around CP and couldn't hear the music very well at all. I was quite let down, and vowed never to make that mistake again.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

We watched from the bridge to Tomorrowland and it was perfect. We weren't alone, but there were very few around us. Plus you are right under Tinkerbell as she flies overhead which is really cool. This way you are also close to major rides if the park is still open afterwards and you can be first in line for Space Mountain!
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I happened upon an awesome place in December ... next to the Rose and Crown there's an outdoor seating area to the left, you have to enter through the check in desk for the restaurant, but you can buy food at the counter service and some beer and watch the show from a table. We got there about 45 minutes early and got a table. Its like people didn't realize t was open seating.
    Stop, Michael, that's our favorite secret spot! But the OP asked about Wishes.

Narcoossee's is really not the best spot for viewing at the GF. Down the marina, at the tables outside Gasparilla Grill, you get a much better view- wider view, you can see over more of the trees, and the castle is centered from there. But I prefer the Polynesian Beach outside the parks. Inside the parks, if you go and start waiting early enough, there are tables in the top of the train station area, really nice for viewing, not so crowded, though it does fill up and you will probably have to stand, not stay seated.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big-time fireworks fan, and I think Disney shows at the Magic Kingdom, (Wishes, Hallowishes) are the very best, with the narration and music as well as the quality of the fireworks themselves. I always prefer to be close enough to any fireworks to fell as if I am almost underneath them as the explode, so that my entire field of view is covered with the exploding shells and I feel surrounded by the spectacular sparks and colors. Seeing a fireworks show from a distance is OK, but it's like the difference between listening to a recording and being at a live concert, or watching a TV show about Disney World and actaully being there. There's just no subsitute for being up close and personal.

That's why we always prefer being on Main Street in front of the Castle, somewhere between Casey's and the Hub. That's where you can best get the full effect of the show.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Post wishes

I like the hub area too. I did think it was a little crowded and little ones may not be able to get a good view. However, you feel like you're part of the show.

We also like the bridge between the castle and Cosmic Ray's. Although, I think the trees block a little there if you're too far over.

Wherever you decide upon, make sure (as one poster said) you can hear the narration/music and that you get there early as people (like us) tend to camp out on their spot.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the electric light parade from the table at the train station one year. had to get there like an hour before the show. Not quite my liking. I'll have to try the bridge.

Thanks
    [*]2009 Pop
    [*]1989 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Watching it from Fantasyland is nice becuase the fireworks seem to be exploding right over your head! I saw them from the hub for the first time on our last trip and it was spectacular. But I really liked watching it from ..... actually between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. You can feel the booms of the fireworks!!!
    Star light, star bright,
    first star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
    and all our wishes,
    will come true.

Post Thanks / Like

Tiny Dancer - on the bridge or someplace else?
    [*]2009 Pop
    [*]1989 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

If you watch it from the rose garden close to the tomorrow land bridge, you can land spot right behind the garden where no one can stand in front of you. We sat on the path and the ducks pecked at our feet while we watched. It was pretty sweet! (not the duck part, of course, but we didn't have to deal with tall people!)
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I think the best place to watch Wishes - not the special holiday party Wishes - just regular Wishes is from the area of Tomorrowland Noodle Station. Tinkerbell flies right over your head at that point, and then you get an unobstructed view of all the magic. It is hard to find time to watch the parades and then find a spot there - that's the only downfall. Wherever you watch them, they could not be any more magical. :-)
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenperich View Post
    I think the best place to watch Wishes - not the special holiday party Wishes - just regular Wishes is from the area of Tomorrowland Noodle Station. Tinkerbell flies right over your head at that point, and then you get an unobstructed view of all the magic. It is hard to find time to watch the parades and then find a spot there - that's the only downfall. Wherever you watch them, they could not be any more magical. :-)
    Why not the holiday party wishes? Is there something different about that, or does Tink not fly for that?
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunderFan View Post
    We watched from the bridge to Tomorrowland and it was perfect. We weren't alone, but there were very few around us. Plus you are right under Tinkerbell as she flies overhead which is really cool. This way you are also close to major rides if the park is still open afterwards and you can be first in line for Space Mountain!
    DITTO! I would recommend being on Main St. between Casey's and...the Emporium? (brain cramp), but this is the only other place I would watch it from.
    Last Trip-April 2008-Boardwalk Inn
    Next Trip-October 2017-POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I think the best place to watch Wishes is right
    on Main Street near Casey's Corner. You want to
    see Tink fly from the castle. We also watch the
    parade there as well. We get there at least an
    hour before everything starts. We sit on the
    curb. Get a snack while sitting there. Have a
    great time.
    BEEN THERE, GOING BACK IN MAY!!!!

the Magical Kingdom of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

This might sound crazy, but we had the most amazing Wishes spot once when we weren't watching We'd rushed back to get Pirates of the Caribbean in during the fireworks since we hadn't seen it yet that day, and when we got off and were coming up the exit the whole area was just deserted and the whole sky lit up above us. We just stopped and stared, totally caught off guard. It was beautiful, and so unexpected. Had we staked out that perfect spot on the curb somewhere, no doubt we wouldn't have had that moment.
    Nicole Courson

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: