Quantcast Help me feel good about okw!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me feel good about okw!

So our group of 8 has basically decided to stay in a 2-BR villa, at either SSR or OKW. Certain members ( grr) of our group really want to stay at OKW because the rooms are bigger (okay, this I can concede). But me, I really would prefer SSR, basically because it's newer, for the pool, and for the spa (I'm sure there are other reasons too ). I know that no matter where we stay, we'll be in WDW so it will be exciting, but I just can't seem to get too excited about OKW Can anybody out there help? Tell me about it!
    Many trips as a child!
    March 2006 - POR
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - ASMu
    February 2009 - Offsite
    May 2010 - SSR
    February 2012 - SSR
    August 2012 - CSR
    October 2013 - CSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you may not me for saying this, but we really liked SSR when we went this past september...The rooms were very spacious, and it's a 10 minute walk to DTD...maybe you can change their minds that way??

We stayed in Congress park, and had a GREAT view of DTD.

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed twice in the 2 bdrm units at OKW and absolutely loved it. The resort and grounds are very beautiful. Even though it's older than SSR the times I stayed the rooms were in perfect conditon. I found the resort to be a nice quiet break fromthe hustle and bustle of the parks. The pool and waterslide is great. My DS (4 at the time) and I were happy to spend our day off from the parks touring the resort and making use of the pools. DTD is a very short boat ride and the busses seemed to come pretty often. The bus stops never were crowded at the resort and had nice shelters with benches. Although I would like to try other resorts including SSR at some point, I would never be disappointed if I knew I was going to be staying in a 2bdrm at OKW! You'll love it.
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani
    Jan 2020 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Another big thumbs-up for OKW. Given your particular situation, OKW would be our choice. We love the look, the peaceful feel, the activities, and the nicer/larger rooms at OKW. The one thing I will tell you is the spa at SSR is probably the best on property - but you can take a boat from OKW to SSR (and back) if you decide to enjoy the spa. Hope you have a great trip, whatever resort you choose!

Post Thanks / Like

We Love OKW!!!! It is the perfect respite from the hustle and bustle of the parks!! It is soooo laid back and relaxing there. I never feel crowded in at OKW. The main pool is really nice and we enjoy the sand castle water slide. 23 yo DD loved the quiet pool at Turtle Pond.
    Not to mention, with a large party the larger rooms really help out!! There is enough room to get away from each other a bit. I have not stayed at SSR but one fellow traveler I talked to, who was staying at SSR, said that you couldn't really easily navigate around the living room to the balcony with the sleeper sofa left open. At OKW you can still get out to the balcony, and even sit on the love seat with the sleeper open. You have a laundry room, with side by side full sized washer and dryer, it is stackable at SSR but not sure if full size or not. The rooms are older but are clean and things seem to be maintained pretty well.
    The bus situation has been great when we go. A new bus every 15-20 minutes. We have never had to wait for more than 2 buses to leave a park, even at park closings, but we tend to go during September. Goods to Go is not for me, too limited a menu, but I do really enjoy Olivia's. And it is just a 5 minute bus ride or 20 minute boat ride to DTD where you can grab something to eat.
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh Fan View Post
    I have stayed twice in the 2 bdrm units at OKW and absolutely loved it. The resort and grounds are very beautiful. Even though it's older than SSR the times I stayed the rooms were in perfect conditon. I found the resort to be a nice quiet break fromthe hustle and bustle of the parks. The pool and waterslide is great. My DS (4 at the time) and I were happy to spend our day off from the parks touring the resort and making use of the pools. DTD is a very short boat ride and the busses seemed to come pretty often. The bus stops never were crowded at the resort and had nice shelters with benches. Although I would like to try other resorts including SSR at some point, I would never be disappointed if I knew I was going to be staying in a 2bdrm at OKW! You'll love it.
    And don't forget OKW is being refurbished this year. We love OKW!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: