Quantcast The Amazing Race 16 - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to see the cops didn't get eliminated.

What I would love to see is an Amazing Race of Champions, bringing back all the teams and have them race around the world. Except the families, they stayed in the US if I recall correctly for their entire race. I would love to see some of the original teams again.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The family edition stayed in North America, but did go to several countries.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Well--I would have preferred Louie and Michael have stayed instead of Brent and Caite, but thems the breaks! Hope the cowboys take it all!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I was really hoping Brent & Caite would be eliminated last night. I hope the Cowboys take it all; go Cowboys!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I was kinda bummed to see the detectives go, but I wasn't really surprised. They seem to have burned all their energy on those two or three legs where they were at the front of the pack and then they just kinda fell off ... they probably should have paced themselves a little better.

In the end, I'm most surprised the brothers are still in it. They sort of seem to have stumbled their way through, catching a break here and a break there just enough to stick around. I'll personally be shocked if they don't come in third.

Did anyone else besides me find it funny when Brent was going on and on about how smart Caite really was only to have her take the longest to count those statues of any team member?
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry the detectives had to go. I really liked them...at least they had an "easy roadblock"...if only he didn't have to wait those 10 mins or counted the first two...maybe he would have beaten the bro's. I'm a little tired of Bret and Caite too. (Hey Bret...didn't she tell you to go before you left home??? LOL). I'm figuring too they are both just young and somewhat selfish. I wish they'd open their eyes and see the people of these other countries and what they have to be grateful for. Funny...in Survivor...I want people to PLAY the game...I want the strategy and twists...I want to see the fight. In Amazing Race...I expect people to race but I really prefer those people who "look around" and appreciate the opportunity they have to participate in other cultures and are kind to the hosts.

The brothers...the one...I'm getting a rather tired of his "hissy fits". One brother seems to be OK...the other...ARGH...

What is their problem they are in another country and they're SHOCKED that the cab drivers don't speak their language. Bret, Caite and the brothers seemed to be very nasty about this (well maybe not BOTH brothers just the annoying one)...SIGH...I REALLY wish the dectives were going through to the end.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Did anyone else besides me find it funny when Brent was going on and on about how smart Caite really was only to have her take the longest to count those statues of any team member?
    Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny, too! And they were both so adamant about proving that she really is intelligent in last night's episode, and "showing the world" that we all have the wrong opinion about her...well, if anything, my opinion that she really isn't too bright has been solidified after watching her and Brent on the race!

I'm bummed that the detectives are out, too, but I kind of expected it. I agree, they just sort of fizzled out the last couple of legs. But I would much rather see them racing to the end than Brent and Caite or the brothers.

Go Cowboys! I hope they win the whole thing and get their "Amazing Race Champions" belt buckles!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    ...well, if anything, my opinion that she really isn't too bright has been solidified after watching her and Brent on the race!
    Yeah, same here. CONFIRMED!

I actually forgot to comment on Jordan's little tirade against the cab driver. That was one of the most ridiculous rants I've ever seen on TAR. I mean I know the guy was frustrated, but come on ... yelling "FOLLOW!!! FOLLOW!!! It's so simple! Just FOLLOW!!" to a guy who doesn't speak English isn't going to help any. In fact, it just makes you look like a ... uh ... donkey (keeping it family friendly here).

I too have a very hard time figuring out why these people seem so surprised that a majority of folks outside the U.S. and the U.K. don't speak English??
    Ian șOș

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I was so hoping that the detectives would beat out the brothers to Phil. (Sorry, mind went blank and couldn't remember what to call it.) What happened to the cowboys that they let Brent and Caite beat them there? Did they get turned around and go the wrong directions because they got there first. Go Cowboys!
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah, same here. CONFIRMED!

I actually forgot to comment on Jordan's little tirade against the cab driver. That was one of the most ridiculous rants I've ever seen on TAR. I mean I know the guy was frustrated, but come on ... yelling "FOLLOW!!! FOLLOW!!! It's so simple! Just FOLLOW!!" to a guy who doesn't speak English isn't going to help any. In fact, it just makes you look like a ... uh ... donkey (keeping it family friendly here).

I too have a very hard time figuring out why these people seem so surprised that a majority of folks outside the U.S. and the U.K. don't speak English??
    LOL - I wonder what the cab driver thought about his American passengers having fits in his back seat. Also love the one brother talking LOUDER to a cab driver who doesn't speak English. As if volume had any connection to understanding.

Brent and Caite are irritating, but they are also lucky. They found their way to the Garden Bridge by asking the right person.

The detectives ran out of juice, for sure. They stood and stared when the kids found their stones in the shop. They also spent a lot of time talking about how hard it was to find their stones. Concentrating on the task is key.

My cowboys are still in the race - yippee.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to see the detectives go. I was really hoping B&C would be gone and I really didn't need to keep hearing him say how many times he had to go to the bathroom.

Go 's
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler Alert!
    Well my team didn't win again. I'm not doing very good with my teams on reality shows. But close second! Just sorry the "whiners" actually pulled it off. How classless can you get with the lesbians at the end. At least have some class at the end and show you have SOME character.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

The cowboys are still the winners in my book. I liked them from the first "Oh my gravy!" I didn't mind Dan and Jordan until this last leg. They make me cringe. I'm sincerely happy that Caite and Brent didn't come close to winning. Why does she think she proved she is intelligent? All she proved is that she seriously lacks grace under pressure. Brandy's little snarky outburst at the end surprised no one.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Oh bro, say it ain't so!

Post Thanks / Like

Carol and Brandy, classless to the end...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Oh bro, say it ain't so!

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Carol and Brandy, classless to the end...
    All I can say to Carol & Brandy is, it is seriously time to grow up and stop being so petty. If being u-turned is seriously the worse thing that has ever happen to you in your life, then you lead a pretty charmed life and you should be greatful that is the worse thing you have ever had to deal with
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

The Cowboys were classy and gentlemen, just as expected -- I hated that that brothers won and were totally awful about it ... and Caite has proven that she's an idiot on a global level.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if the 'winning' brothers will check out how people felt about their victory on the webs...maybe their wish should have been to be on TAR and have people not want to root against you.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Well this makes back-to-back disappointing endings for me for my favorite reality shows. I was very disappointed that Natalie won Survivor last season and now I'm very disappointed in the way TAR turned out.

So ... let's throw it out there. What was everyone's thought on the Great Airport Incident of 2010? Should the brothers have gotten in front of the Cowboys? More importantly, should the Cowboys have allowed them to jump in front of them so easily?

Here's my take ... I put 10% of the blame on the brothers for trying the stunt in the first place, but 90% of the blame on the Cowboys for allowing them to get away with it. If you really wanted to win it all there's no way you would have sat idly by and allowed that to happen.

Also, the brothers ended up using some smarts on the plane and finagling that first class upgrade anyway, so at the end of it all it probably didn't matter.

Kudos to the Cowboys, though, for picking up that San Fran guidebook. That was probably the only thing that kept it close.

And yeah, Brandy is just a classless troll. Even Carol was embarrassed at her behavior at the end! Did anyone see her just hiding her face in her hands when Brandy was going off?? Lame. Very lame. But I have to say, even though Caite isn't a favorite around here, I loved her comeback to Brandy ... "Well I guess it wasn't such a bad move, because I'm standing here and you're over there!"

Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Classless move on Carol's part. What is the point? Ratings, drama?

Sad the cowboys didnt win.

Hated to see the brothers win after the rants in the cab.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: