Quantcast Crowds the week before Easter weekend

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crowds the week before Easter weekend

I was trying to get an idea of how bad the crowds are the week prior to Easter. I know that it is spring break for some colleges, and we will experience some crowds, but is it really horrible? Because of my husband's work schedule, we're able to go the week before, and my kids will only miss 3 1/2 days of school. They are out of school for the whole week following Easter, but I've heard that the crowds are really bad that week. Has anyone been there during these times?
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would expect that the crowds would increase quite a lot towards the end of that week.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

That's when we went last year and it was VERY crowded. We still had a nice time but we will not go again on either side of Easter.

I think it would have been more manageable if we didn't have small children. We got to the parks everyday super early and the first couple of hours were great. By noon it was crazy crowded and difficult to get anywhere. My kids don't have the stamina to stay up late so we didn't get to take advantage of many rvrning hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Expect it to be extremely crowded. Maybe not as much as 4th of July, Xmas, and New Years, but not by much. Many schools are on Spring Break over that time and many people get multiple days off work at that time.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I go to Disney at all times of the year so I'm fairly used to the crowds. Summer time, spring break, no biggie for me.
    But in 2007 we went the week leading up to Easter and I will never. go. that week. again.
    Honestly, we used fastpass to the best of our ability, we took advantage of hopping, we avoided EMH parks. And at the end of 10 days I felt like we hadn't seen or done anything. It was so crowded that we spent most of our time (literally) squishing between people and trying to find a ride that had less than a 90 minute wait.
    Just to illustrate, It's a Small World had put up rope lines outside of the ride and into Fantasyland to accommodate the giant lineup. Haunted Mansion had extra rope lines that weaved down and around below the loading dock by the water for the Liberty Bell.
    It was insane.
    I know it's not the answer you want, but if you're going to go that week, be prepared for the extreme...
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

How would you compare this week to the week of Thanksgiving? We are going the week leading up to Easter, but have family moving back to the states and they have never been to WDW so we are considering Thanksgiving. Thanks for any opinions!
    Kimberly
    Several times since 1989 as a kid
    March 2009 - Coronado Springs (Husband's first trip)
    June 2009 - Beach Club
    June 2012 - All Star Music/Animal Kingdom Lodge
    June 2015 - ???

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there that week. The only reason I am not stressing is because our kids are still very young and we are planning a LOT of resort time! Hopefully we will have Stormalong Bay to ourselves in the morning hours while the masses are in the parks. Our kids have Disneyland as a weekly thing and honestly we will MAYBE go to MK one day for a couple hours to do the stuff DL doesn't have that our kids will actually do (which does not include any big rides since they are both chickens). We will hang out mostly at Epcot which we can bail on easily and return to the hotel if it gets too craz. I am actually planning on renting boats, bikes, getting massages, sending the boys on the Treasure Cruise, etc. All the stuff I never get to do when I go park commando with my girlfriends. We plan to hit the water parks as well as long as we can get to them by opening! I'm prepare for the worst and think what may irritate me the most will be long lines and crowds at CS places. To counter that, I've made both lunch and dinner ADRs so we will always have a place to eat if we need. We'll likely cancel about half of those but it's my insurance.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I've rescheduled for early May. I just can't see trying to tour with four little ones during such a hectic time.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll find early May to be a wonderful time to visit!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I think you made the right choice going in May. The thing I hate about vacations (because my wife is a teacher) is vacationing at peak times almost everywhere.

I have told her that I will never vacation again during holidays at WDW. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Easter, etc are no go for me or my money. There is no reason to pay more for a vacation just to be miserable. So, she has to take a shorter vacation but a more enjoyable vacation.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I'm terrified!! I'm really hoping that the worst of it is more toward the end of the week getting closer to Easter when we're done. I don't do well in crowds.
    10/89 honeymoon off-site
    11/93 off-site last trip pre-child
    12/01 ASMovies first trip for kids
    10/04 POFQ
    02/09 Pop and first cruise on Wonder
    03/10 POFQ trip to see CFHS Tiger Band!
    03/14 VWL to see DD2 and the CFHS Tiger Band!

Post Thanks / Like

We are going March 27 to April 3. It is the week before Easter. It is my children's spring break and we don't like to take them out of school at this point (5th and 2nd grades).

Honestly, we went in 2006 during this time (arrived day after Easter). It was our first trip. We actually found that trip more manageable than October. There were more busses running, more staff and the parks were open later. WDW was prepared for the crowds. We had a great time. In October it was crowded due to MNSSHP and the parks closed earlier and less busses. We did not have a great trip. The party was packed. More crowded than a regular day at the park. We are taking our chances again with spring break.

Karyn
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

We will also be there 3/26 through 4/3! I can't wait to go, I know there will be crowds, but it's Disney so I can manage. We have been there at 4th of July and it was packed, but it's still my favorite place to go no matter what. Maybe I will see some of you there
    4/1985,10/1997,6/2000,7/2002-off site 7/2003-AS Music
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    7/08,2/09,8/09,3/10-Pop Century
    11/10,8/11,8/12,11/12, 3/13,8/13 AS Sports
    Next trip???
    "It all started with a mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: