Quantcast sweet tea? where does one find it at the world?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sweet tea? where does one find it at the world?

I have kicked the soda/pop (depending on where you are from) habit and have replaced it with a pretty strong sweet tea habit. just wondering where to get my fix.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I know Epcot over at the electric umbrella has sweet black tea I believe, pretty good. Free refills too.

Post Thanks / Like

There is bubble tea in China (not a southern thing, but an eastern thing - big tapioca balls swimming in tea).
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Trails End in Fort Wilderness Campground has it for sure., my girls swear they also got it at WCC.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cd3000 View Post
    I know Epcot over at the electric umbrella has sweet black tea I believe, pretty good. Free refills too.
    free refills? looks like i may never leave

Post Thanks / Like

I know that a lot of the resort CS places have sweet tea available, too. My sister is a sweet tea nut and got it just this past week at Artist's Palette at SSR, Captain Cooks at the Poly, and Everything POP at Pop. They have machines at the beverage stations that have 4 different choices of tea and 2 of the choices are sweetened - one was green tea, but I can't remember what the other was. The 2 other choices were unsweetened black tea and citrus flavored white tea. They were the same dispenser machines at the three places we found them, so they might be property-wide in the resorts. Hope this helps!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, since I am a southerner and a sweet tea fanatic myself (and rather picky about it as well), I will warn you that alot of sweet tea in FL (when you can find it, that is) is flavored with lemon or rasberry or other such nonsense.... And that is not true NC sweet tea! Also, our DS11 has autism and will only drink the REAL sweet tea (not flavored). We were fortunate to find really good REAL sweet tea at Boatwrights. And they were kind enough to give us three cups when we ran out of the tea in our room that we had bought at Chick-Fil-A. Ahhhh, I love Disney World....they are so good to us.
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Briansmom View Post
    OK, since I am a southerner and a sweet tea fanatic myself (and rather picky about it as well), I will warn you that alot of sweet tea in FL (when you can find it, that is) is flavored with lemon or rasberry or other such nonsense.... And that is not true NC sweet tea! Also, our DS11 has autism and will only drink the REAL sweet tea (not flavored). We were fortunate to find really good REAL sweet tea at Boatwrights. And they were kind enough to give us three cups when we ran out of the tea in our room that we had bought at Chick-Fil-A. Ahhhh, I love Disney World....they are so good to us.
    The Rainforest Cafe has genuine sweet tea. It is not flavored. In fact, living in FL I find non-flavored sweet tea all over the place, just not that often at Disney.

McDonalds has AWESOME sweet tea (non-flavored) and you can find one down from the All Star Resorts.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

And although it's a rather common response, we occasionally get a sweet tea fix at McDonalds (DTD or just up from All-Star)!! I find the sweet tea at Rainforest Cafe to be very good. Happy hunting!

Post Thanks / Like

It's surprising just how good Mickey D's sweet tea is. Also their coffee... they've come a long way!
    Mike in KC

DVC Members since 5/01 (VB) & added SSR (8/04).

Been to WDW ~20 times. First DCL cruise in 2/08 (Western)

Recent Trips:
    SSR Treehouse Villas & DCL Wonder 3/10
    BLT/Florida Keys/AKLV 7/11

Upcoming trips:
    VB & VWL 7/12
    OKW 12/12 - 1/13
    VB/DCL Fantasy Eastern/AKLV 6/13

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, what IS sweet tea? I'm wondering if it is something I'm already familiar with but by a different name. (on a possibly related note, I ordered a glass of Iced Tea in Disney World and was shocked to find out that it is ....well...iced tea! Up here if you order Iced Tea you get a sweetened beverage, often flavoured with lemon. But it was HILARIOUS to watch my kids try to drink it ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

We had sweet tea at Garden Grill in Epcot and McDonalds in DTD. The stuff at Garden Grill was better.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

i also love sweet tea and have looked all over disneyworld for it. it's hard to find at meals, but if you like it in the plastic bottles (lipton, i think?), i've had the most luck finding it at hollywood studios. i know sweet spells right on the corner of sunset blvd. sells it for sure. good luck!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinksDH View Post
    It's surprising just how good Mickey D's sweet tea is. Also their coffee... they've come a long way!
    MacDonald's sweet tea and coffee are excellent, that's true. But everytime we have visited WDW "sweet tea" as we know it is not available. They bring you unsweet tea and packs of sugar or sweet n low.

Sweet tea where we come from is like what you're grandmother used to make to serve with dinner. Lipton or Luzianne with sugar. Yumm
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

For those not familiar with the real thing "Sweet Tea" (like my great-grandma made it). True southern sweet tea is brewed strong (lots of tea bags steeped in boiling water). Then this very warm concoction is liberally sweetened (almost to the point of syrup) with real sugar (not sugar substitutes). Then lots of ice is added once the sugar is disolved and it is plunged into the "chill box" until serving time. No other flavors like raspberry or lemon were added (although I have heard that some old timmers enjoyed with "other libations" added).

Believe it or not it tastes nothing like soft drink dispenser - "raspberry tea" and yes, in a fix Micky-D's Sweet Tea comes real close to authentic southern sweet tea!
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

even though i am a northerner I sure do appreciate southern tea. when a waitress up here offers me regular tea and sugar packets I know they just dont get it. The mickey dees tea is a good fix not as good as mcalisters though but certainly easier to get. I also like the Arnold Palmers when i cant get real sweet tea.

We will be staying at POFQ anybody know if they have sweet tea there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default NC Sweet Tea

I gave up on ordering tea at WDW. Most I have found tasted like the Lipton tea in bottles. When I make it at home I bring a quart of water just to a boil with 4 Lipton family size tea bags, pour into 1 gallon pitcher add 1.25 cups of sugar, fill with water, and refrigerate. We drive to WDW and usually make 2 gallons to take with us in old milk jugs.
    Mark
    Sheraton World 05/75
    Band trip 01/78
    Sheraton 06/84
    Sheraton 06/87
    Wilson World 06/89
    Comfort Suites 10/89
    Ramada 03/01
    Ramada 04/02
    Ramada 04/03
    Ramada 04/04
    Allstar Movies 06/05
    Vacation Village 06/06
    Pop Century 04/07
    All Star Movies 6/11

Post Thanks / Like

What you have to understand about Sweet Tea is that if don't keep it chilled (which is impractical in food service) it begins growing bacteria within about 4 hours (the sugar helps, unsweet lasts much longer which is why it's far more common) and turns to **** soon after. It's counter-intuitive that somewhere located in the south where sweet tea is common wouldn't serve it, but keep it's Disney World, statistically southerners don't make any more of the customer base than anyway, so keeping true honest to god, not the garbage that comes out of the Soda machine sweet tea is likely unpractical at most places.

Also keep in mind that Nestea is by and large the standard for garbage soda machine fake tea... and Nestle is dug in pretty deep at Disney World... hence the 5,378 (citation needed) threads about trying to find a cup of coffee that isn't Nescafe.

Post Thanks / Like

Olivia's at OKW has brewed sweet tea. I know that there is a Chick-fil-A in the airport and they sell sweet tea. I just don't know if they sell the gallon jugs like they do in the regular Chick-fil-A's. I am going to try to find out on my next trip.
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Briansmom View Post
    As a lifetime Texas resident I can vouch for this. Real tea isn't fruity! (it also isn't black, green, purple, or whatever...)
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Share This Thread On Social Media: