Quantcast Pain in walking out the last day - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It really is a bitter sweet moment for me when it is our last day in WDW. I am happy and grateful that we were able to enjoy another great vacation, though a bit sad that the trip is ending. When I see others just entering the resort or passing by us as they enter the park at the beginning of their trip I am happy for them as well. Although I have to admit I'd like to be starting the vacation all over again!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Put me in the "looking back at the Castle" group. I just keep doing it, even after running into people and light poles.

Usually the day before, I'm kinda resigned to the fact it's almost over, and ready to go home, see my cat, hug my Mom, and show her our pictures. However, the day we leave, and I'm at what I KNOW is my last attraction..that's when the tears start. We've been lucky enough to go every year since 2005 (except for 2006, and we went to DL then) but I always have this feeling of not knowing when I'll return. So I say my goodbyes to everything along Main Street just in case.

Last year I did really really well about not being a blubbering mess until we got on the Magical Express and this little girl sitting behind us, when we went through the arch, says in this really sweet voice "Bye, Disney World!" And off I go. Mainly because I felt like I was her age, lol. 34 going on six.

The thing that makes me sad is being on my favorite attractions (mainly POTC, HM, Philharmagic, and Buzz) and wondering each time if it's going to be my last time.

I need a tissue and I'm not even there yet!
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Wow we are all so alike. It's very sad on the last day, but I think most of us already have the next trip booked or in the planning stages. I do enjoy being able to plan for the next time while we are there. Talking about different restaurants or rides we may have missed that trip. Somehow it makes leaving less painful.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

I make it a point to not go to the parks on the travel days, because I know I'd be too distracted to enjoy it. My pain always comes when we leave the Magic Kingdom for the last time of the trip. Nothing hurts more than checking out of the resort though, and then driving towards the airport and when you stop seeing the purple highway signs. Now that hurts!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I always experience that pain. I hate to say goodbye because I never know how long it will be before I get to go back.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

For me it is walking down the hill from MK and looking back and seeing the train station and then when you turn at the bottom it is no longer there. That is what gets me everytime.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Sometime after Wishes, sit by City Hall and watch people leaving the Magic Kingdom. You will see a lot of neck craning and last glimpses over the shoulder. It's almost a ritual.
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh how I know that pain! I cannot even bear to look at the people who are checking in when I'm checking out - or arriving in the airport and I'm waiting for my plane to go home. I'm sure most of you understand when I say that Disney World is like a home to me. When I cross through that Welcome gate, I truly feel like I've come HOME. (No, I am not a DVC member unfortunately.) I know where everything is, and I'm 100% comfortable all the time. I get homesick when I get back to my normal home. In fact, I'm one of those that experience the post-vacation blues for a couple weeks afterwards.

I also look back at the castle. My husband thinks this is a bit strange, but I am just trying to "re-burn" the image of Main Street in my head so that at any time I can close my eyes and mentally transport my way back there. I do the same with WS Lagoon.

.....sigh...... I have 368 days til my next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We're ready to come home at the end of the week. Since we always go the early part of Dec., we have Christmas to get ready for. Our dog is so happy to see us, and the new one will be too.

Any more than a week is tiring for us.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

One of the worst pains ever. I found the best solution is to do what we did this last trip...EXTEND!!!! We purposely left a few extra days of vacation to unwind when we got home and decided we didn't want to unwind, we wanted to play more at Disney
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

We know and feel that pain but we finish by going on Pooh, and saying we will be back. It still hurts but when telling ourselves this is just seems to make it easier.

Post Thanks / Like

As a native Floridian and a "local" (we live about an hour to the NE of WDW), I have to say that I appreciate everyone's stories of their last day and what they feel when they get back on the plane. That said, even though we are just an hour away from the park, it is not easy on the last day to leave. It is indeed very sad.

All I can say is that when you see folks coming in as you are leaving, remember that on your first day coming in, there are those leaving who are looking at you and thinking that YOU are the fairest of them all....

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the official diagnosis is the "Disney Blues". I usually start experiencing primary symptoms two days before leaving WDW. I have found a few things that help but don't cure the problem.

1) Have your next trip planned or begin planning immediately.
    2) NEVER go straight home. Nothing worse than leaving the magic and being home a couple hours later and back to the real world. We always plan a fun activity before returning home i.e. ST. Augustine, Panama City, Vero Beach etc.
    3) Have something to look forward to immediately after returning home. This trip we will return extremely late on Dec.23 and have Christmas to look forward to!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me tell ya about "pain". Yesterday sunny and 85. Today : getting on a plane to head back to Chicago and stepping out of Ohare airport into 20 below windchills.
    Mmmmmmmmm Egg roll cart!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that last day stinks. Being that we drive rather than fly (6-7 hr drive from Mt. Pleasant depending on traffic) we usually spend our last few hours after checking out of the hotel at DTD or resort hopping.

The saddest thing to me is getting that checkout slip under your door when you stay on prop. They always give you that the night before checkout, so it is usually there waiting on us when we get back from our last full day at the parks.

It is like a slap in the face b/c all of a sudden you realize that you leave tomorrow.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I really don't. Our last few trips were for more than a few days, and I'm usually ready to go home.

It's doesn't take too long after I'm home for me to start thinking about another trip though.

Disneyland 2010!

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhhhh yes!!!! I get so sad that all of my planningis done and now we go home. I always try to look at the brightside though...we are a family that goes each year so at least I get to go home and do it all over again.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MKFD43 View Post
    Let me tell ya about "pain". Yesterday sunny and 85. Today : getting on a plane to head back to Chicago and stepping out of Ohare airport into 20 below windchills.
    Yes...our Chicago weather stinks!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belster View Post
    Ohhhhhh yes!!!! I get so sad that all of my planningis done and now we go home. I always try to look at the brightside though...we are a family that goes each year so at least I get to go home and do it all over again.
    My pain comes in not knowing when the next trip will be. We're going back really quick this time because my son will still be 2 (barely) and I got a huge refund on taxes (Thanks, W). But after that, it's looking like at least two years before a return...maybe more. I cringing right now and I haven't even started my trip. Painful.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I remember going up up the hill to the monarail at magic kingdom I starred limping

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: