Quantcast Yet another southwest ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yet another southwest ?

First time flying SW. I know we have to check in 24 hours prior to departure for priority seating. I think I remember hearing that elderly in wheelchairs get first priority. Is this true? Also, if it is true, does everyone in the traveling party also get first priority?
    One other question. We won't have a computer with us to check in at the end of our trip, can we call or will Disney do it for us?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, passengers with disabilities or who need some extra assistance can get a blue early boarding card and will be boarded first. Ask for the card when you check in or at the service desk at your gate.

Generally, SW will allow the whole party to board first, but they could balk at that if the whole party was, say, 12 people. If it's just a couple of people, no problem. Be aware, that anyone who boards in the priority group - not just the actual person needing assistance - may NOT sit in the exit rows. The entire party will generally be directed to sit in the first couple of rows.

As for checking in on the return - you have a couple of options.
    1) If you have a cell phone with internet capability, you can check in via SW's mobile checking site.
    2)You can also go to Guest Services at any of the parks or to the Concierge desk at your resort. They will check you in - just remember to have your confirmation number with you.
    3)A new alternative with SW is to pay an additional $10 per person each way, and use their early-bird system. With this system, SW automatically checks you in, so you don't have to worry about it.

However, if your party has someone needing assistance, you don't really need to worry about checking in right at the 24 hour mark anyway. You can just check in at the airport, get your blue card and not worry about what group/number you get.

Hope this helps.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

We paid extra for the early bird check in and didn't regret it one bit! We went down to Disney World for 5 days and then a 3 day Disney cruise. We were on Castaway Cay during the 24 hour check in window. So it was really nice not to have to worry about it and have SW check in for me (at the 36 hour mark). Both traveling down and back we were assigned the A group and were among the first 10 on the plane.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

I travel with my ECV, and am usually the very first one boarded because the scooter needs to be carried down the steps and loaded in baggage. We are usually in the bulkhead seats, except for the one time a family boarded with a huge white guide dog. We gave up our seats for Sally and her family.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

We had my mom with us in a wheelchair when we flew Southwest in October. She was allowed to board first both ways. The official policy is that one family member can board with the person and it must depend on who is working as to how well this is enforced. We flew out of Pittsburgh on a 1/2 full plane and they let Mom board with me but my sister had to wait (it was only the 3 of us). On the way back, we were on another 1/2 full plane and they let the 3 of us stay together. So its not how full the plane is or how many are with you. I'm guessing it's just if the people want to enforce the rule or not (and maybe if they've had a good day!)
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

When my son was 6 months old we flew SW to Florida and had a great trip. However, on the way home there was one person in a wheelchair who boarded prior to families with small children. I understood that. However, the 6 other people with them were also allowed to board. They all had their seats reclined and refused to lean up so we could get our son's car seat (which we paid for a full price seat) strapped in.
    If we were able to sit in the front row like on the way down we wouldn't have had this problem. But those 6 all though they needed the extra leg room so they could recline further and relax.
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: