Quantcast jaded and confused - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genie1953 View Post
    Thanks for all you do for our country! I have a son in law who is in the Army....he is getting ready to deploy to Iraq in a couple of months....will be his 4th tour. Having seen him go through these multiple deployments and since I also work for the Veterans Medical Center I understand completely how difficult Army life is. Thanks again!

Why not get the five day Military Salute ? It goes through Dec. 23.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm an old lady, and forgot what I meant to post. Anyway, there are some "scare tactics" put out that cause people to panic. For example, "you won't get into the Candlelight Processional without a dinner package". NO. Another is, "you have to have ADR's to get good food." Another scare. The CS dinners are more for us because we can eat where we are, and when we're hungry. We've never starved, and don't need $50 dinners everynight.

You go and have a good time. Stay loose, and don't cave in to anybody else's bad news.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

redleg96 - Thanks for your service. I'm a long-time DoD employee (Defense Logistics Agency), so I understand how difficult service life and deployment can be. May God bless you and bring you home safely from your next deployment.

I don't take advantage of the free dining plan - for several reasons. I'm an annual passholder, so I usually have a passholder room discount. I don't eat at TS locations every day. I don't want to plan every minute of every day of my vacation - I prefer to "play it by ear" as my late Mother used to say.

If I decide to see if one of my favorite TS locations has space available, I always have a backup plan, just in case I'm not able to be seated. I've actually had some great luck as a walk-up at the 50s Prime Time on many occasions.

For me, over-planning takes too much work. I prefer to have a general plan, always subject to change. I don't like deciding where I'll eat dinner 3 or 6 months into the future and on what day. With so many options these days at CS locations in the parks and at the resorts, mealtime can become an adventure. As an example, in September I had a delicious grilled salmon dinner at, of all places, the food court at AS Music.

As for some of the negative comments on discussion boards, I don't let them get me down, and you shouldn't either. Don't get me wrong; I get just as frustrated as many others when a particular favorite attraction "goes away". I miss some of the old attractions which are now just pleasant memories. But, I grew up on Disney, I still enjoy everything Disney, and I'll keep going back to WDW (with an occasional trip to DL) yearly as long as I'm breathing. I love being able to act like a kid without feeling embarrassed. Every vacation is a new experience.

I realize it may not always be practical to "wing it", but try not to overplan and, most of all, do it your way. I hope your next WDW vacation will be magical.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

I think one of the big factors is...I would love to 'wing it'; my first Disney vacations were all at Disneyland while we were stationed out at Fort Irwin, CA for two years. We were able to go during off peak times due to my schedule and being a homeschooling family; we never made dining reservations except for three times - twice for character breakfasts and once for the restuarant located inside the pirates of the carribbean ride at DL; ---I've only been to Disney World once, in summer of July 2008 - it was hot, crowded, and if you didn't have an ADR, you weren't eating at a TS...thankfully I'm a Type A Planner and since we were on the DDP, we had ADRs for every day and were at no risk of being underfed....

The 'vibe' was much different at Annaheim as well....yes I know it's smaller and you don't get the animal kingdom, epcot, HS, or the water parks but many of the headliner rides can be found at California Grand Adventure (like Tower of Terror and Soarin').

We are planning on visiting after I get back from Afghanistan, possible do a wedding vow renewal while there and I'm sure by that point, I'll be ready to go back.

Thanks to all for the advice.
    Paradise Pier-2003
    Disneyland Hotel-2004
    Disneyland Hotel-2005
    PORS-2008
    Shades of Green - May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I find myself doing this, going online and seeing something that might possibly make my vacation "less perfect" and I stress over it and stress over it. Then I remember all the times I've stressed over it and forgotten what I'd stressed over as soon as I got there. It's never perfect and I'm always ready to go back anyway.

I'm with you on the "winging-it" though. We're an "eat when you get hungry" type group. I don't like having to leave a park when I'm having a good time because I have to be on the other end of the World for dinner. I have made friends with QS meals, LOL.

redleg96, thank you for your service! We will be praying for you to come home to us safe and SOON! Hope to buy you a dole whip someday!
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redleg96 View Post
    We are planning on visiting after I get back from Afghanistan, possible do a wedding vow renewal while there and I'm sure by that point, I'll be ready to go back.

Thanks to all for the advice.
    Come home safely and thanks for all you do! I grew up an "Army Brat" whose father was in Viet Nam so I do understand what military families go through. You'll have your next Disney trip with your family to look forward to - be safe.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: