Quantcast Chef Mickeys and the monorail

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Chef Mickeys and the monorail

Hey All,
    I have a quick question, The day we plan to visit Epcot, we also have ressies at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. What is the best way to do this, my DH wants to park at Epcot and ride the monorail over to the Contemp for breakfast, and then ride it back again so that we don't have to move the cars. We are not staying onsite and also have a wheelchair in our party of 11 family members. Will we have to switch monorail? What is the best way to tackle this and how long should we allow for the trip over, I don't want to miss our ressies.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll take the monorail to the ticket and transportation, and get on another that stops at the resorts. It will be smooth for you - wheelchairs are a breeze. The monorail goes right into the Contemporary, and you're one floor over Chef Mickey's. You'll see it.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

The other option is to park at the Contemporary for the meal, then move to EPCOT parking....That would be the fastest way....CR allows you to park up to 3 hours if you have ADR's. Of course, this approach doesn't allow you to ride the Monorail, which is one of my favorite WDW attractions.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info, i think that we will park at epcot and ride the monorail.

Post Thanks / Like

wdwfansince75 I see that you are from Easley, I grew up in Powdersville and my family is still there. Small world huh!

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI...when you go from EPCOT to the ticket center...you must get off the monorail...go down the two story walkway (it's a ramp, no elevators) and then go over to the far walkway, ramp two stories again, no elevators and board another monorail that will stop three times before you get to the Contemporary...so...make sure that your family members will be up for the walk that early and leave in plenty of time from EPCOT...personally, I would drive to Chef Mickeys and then drive over to EPCOT.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Actually there is a two story ramp at EPCOT also...not sure about the elevators, but I don't believe they have them either...hence the ramps...so...lots of up and down travelling.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkfan2 View Post
    wdwfansince75 I see that you are from Easley, I grew up in Powdersville and my family is still there. Small world huh!
    Actually, while the address is Easley, we are in Anderson County, about a mile from Wren High. Closer to Powdersville than to Easley.
    DDiL #1 teaches at Wren...The Wren band is going to WDW to perform in March...DGS#2 is in the band (Trumpet).
    Went to Powdersville today for a Seniors luncheon...While we ain't from around here, we have all come to love it! Plan to be buried at Arlington, but have asked to have some red clay poured on top!
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfansince75 View Post
    Actually, while the address is Easley, we are in Anderson County, about a mile from Wren High. Closer to Powdersville than to Easley.
    DDiL #1 teaches at Wren...The Wren band is going to WDW to perform in March...DGS#2 is in the band (Trumpet).
    Went to Powdersville today for a Seniors luncheon...While we ain't from around here, we have all come to love it! Plan to be buried at Arlington, but have asked to have some red clay poured on top!
    I graduated from Wren in 1983, I remember, Easley address, Greenville phone, in Anderson county. I lved in the HAmpton Downs Subdivision and my parents now live in Merrimeadows. My BIL is on the Powdersville Fire Department and so was my nephew, who past away in June. i love that area but DH is from spartanburg so we live here now. Nice to know there is someone else on here from that area. Going to Disney for Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

I do believe there is an elevator at the Epcot monorail station....

To chime in on the how to get there debate.....I'd just park at the TTC and ride the monorail to the Contemporary...when finished at CM's ride monorail back to TTC and switch to Epcot monorail (you can cross right over, you do not have to walk down the ramp and back up another ramp); then when you are finished at Epcot for the day you get to ride the monorail once more back to the TTC.

We just did this on our last trip -- we did not have anyone in a wheelchair, but we did have a stroller. I think this was the easiest way to do the tirp back and forth on everyone involved, plus you get to ride the monorail a few times (which in our family you can never ride the monorail enough -- DS is bummed though that you can no longer ride upfront with the pilot....but I explained that situation to him).
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    Actually there is a two story ramp at EPCOT also...not sure about the elevators, but I don't believe they have them either
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppysmom View Post
    I do believe there is an elevator at the Epcot monorail station.
    You are correct mudpuppysmom there is an elevator at the epcot monorail station to use instead of the ramps.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Heads Up: the Epcot Monorail begins operation at 8 a.m.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Just following this thread as we plan to FINALLY eat at Chef Mickey's on our next trip & I just had to said KUDO'S to everyone on Intercot! All great tips & advice! It's amazing how everyone is always so helpful and just wants to share their experience so that someone else can benfit from it! This is the most awesome group ever!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: