Quantcast Week 8, the Good the bad & the Ugly in the NFL

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Week 8, the Good the bad & the Ugly in the NFL

So, how did your NFL team do in week #8 ?

The Jets:

The Good: No Wildcat Pie. The Jets D started to play again and did what it was supposed to holding the fish to 103 yards on offense. Wildcat was a tamed Kitten

The Bad: The Dolphins Own the Jets this year. Can't call it luck, they beat us a 2nd time. We did many things right but special Teams lost it. Ted Ginn was fantastic for the dolphins on kick returns. 'Nuff said

The Ugly: The Dolphins own the Jets this year. Sigh. We needed this win, but can't pull it out. I would expect this game knocked us from playoff contention, but we will see howe the rest of the season goes.

Go Jets

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wait, the other UGLY

the Ugly: Stop with the stupid throwback uniforms. I can not stand one more year of us walking down AFC memory lane with these stupid lame uniforms. It has been something like 3 or 4 years now with these stupid throw-back Jerseys. Just throw them back at the NFL. Enough is enough.
    I want to see the Jets play in their Green uniforms at least once this year, but Noooo. Every stinking game they are in these UGLY BOOORING uniforms. Who am I rooting for ???? Whatever happened to TEAM identity ???
    Who do I root for on the field ? are these guys in the NFL ??? I don't CARE anymore about the AFL merger.
    Sorry I just had to rant....ok not so sorry

Post Thanks / Like

My Vikes started good then got ugly 2nd half then got good again towards the end to the win against the Packers. Record 7-1 so far.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

The Good: Panthers beat Arizona.

The Bad: It just delays the inevitable.

The Ugly: Means Jake will start again next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Vikings

Good: Farve beats the Pack at their place.
    Bad: The pass defense comes back to haunt us in some places but we held together.
    Ugly: The lack of class by Packer fans upon Farve's entrance following what I saw of Farve's postgame interview. Farve had nothing but good things to say about Green Bay and their fans. Honestly though, I don't blame the cheeseheads; Farve is so much better than Rodgers will ever be.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

The Titans

The Good: A pulse at last!

The Bad: The fact that Vince will get the kudos when the o-line and Chris Johnson clearly won the game.

The Ugly: I really cannot complian this week. Even at 0-6 Titans fans came out in droves. It was a good win. But I fear that a hot streak here at the end will make us a 6 or 7 win team. Good enough to see our high draft pick dissapear.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Eagles

The Good...a thorough dismantling of the Giants sets up a battle for first next Sunday night against Dallas, a game I'll be watching from the friendly confines of WDW!!

The Bad..There wasn't a Sunday night football games this week to divert my attention from...

The Ugly...World Series game 4
    Jerry

"I only hope we never lose sight of one thing..that it was all started by a mouse."--Walt Disney

Our favorite trip...the NEXT one!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Eagles

The Good: They beat a team from New York.

The Bad: They're not named the Phillies.

The Ugly: They're not named the Phillies.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Colts:

Good: 7-0, the DEFENSE wins this game

Bad: Manning 350 yds no TOUCHDOWNS!! (that's a bad game here in Indy)

Ugly: 18-14 vs. the 49ers. (winning ugly? does that count?)
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Dolphins:

Good: Season sweep of the Jets. The team showed a resiliency that they haven't had in recent years.

Bad: Lack of production in the running game. Hopefully just a bump in the road and not a trend.

Ugly: The complete and utter lack of class shown by the Jets AND their head coach before and after the game. Rhoades trying to start a fight in the pregame warmup, and after the game Bart Scott and Rex Ryan's sarcastic comments.

Here's a clue guys...if you want to talk tough, back it up. 4-4 ain't backing it up, and talking down about a team that just swept your sorry butts isn't either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Dolphins:
    Ugly: The complete and utter lack of class shown by the Jets AND their head coach before and after the game. Rhoades trying to start a fight in the pregame warmup, and after the game Bart Scott and Rex Ryan's sarcastic comments.

Here's a clue guys...if you want to talk tough, back it up. 4-4 ain't backing it up, and talking down about a team that just swept your sorry butts isn't either.
    I knew you were going to go there. Nice Blinders
    The Fish were as guilty this week of trash talk, as guilty during pre-game warmups, as guilty as the Jets. As far as classless, its amazing how the dolph- fans only see the badguys as the jets...It takes 2 to tango, both sides were guilty of pushing each other...make no mistake. And talking tough- who shut down the 'wildcat' (that was 52 yards for the #2 rushing offense was it? oh right and wich rushing offense is #1 ?) ? Oh and you going by clips or the actual press conferance? What comment before hand by coach rex? the one where he doesn't feel sorry for the other team- where he has lost 2 pro-bowl players in the past 2 weeks? Are you seeing the same news conferances or just watching edited sound bytes ?
    To prove my point here is the transcript from LB Bart Scott post game news conferance...
    On losing despite dominating the statistics…
    "It’s tough. They’re a great team. They’ll probably contend for the Super Bowl. They have a tremendous offense – great running backs, a great quarterback, a great tight end. They are stacked across the board. I’m serious. They are great."

Yeah really classless, what horrible comments concerning the dolphins...

I am not saying we did not loose, but it seems to me that the dolphin offense did not get the job done, it was their special teams & their D (strip/return for TD by none other than J Taylor) that won the game...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    I knew you were going to go there. Nice Blinders
    The Fish were as guilty this week of trash talk, as guilty during pre-game warmups, as guilty as the Jets. As far as classless, its amazing how the dolph- fans only see the badguys as the jets...It takes 2 to tango, both sides were guilty of pushing each other...make no mistake.
    Show me where one of the Dolphins ran to the Jets sideline during the warmups to start trouble? ALL of the Dolphins talk was in response to Jet comments. I'm not talking about trash talk. It's the NFL, it happens. I'm talking about a team that got beat TWICE by the same team, and still showed no respect. But in all my years of watching Jet/Dolphin games, it's typical of the Jets. That's all I was saying.

And talking tough- who shut down the 'wildcat' (that was 52 yards for the #2 rushing offense was it? oh right and wich rushing offense is #1 ?) ?
    Um...which team LOST both games. Quote stats all you want, my friend. I'll take the win. And by the way...your #1 rushing offense averaged 3.2 yards a carry yesterday. Ooooh....

Oh and you going by clips or the actual press conferance? What comment before hand by coach rex? the one where he doesn't feel sorry for the other team- where he has lost 2 pro-bowl players in the past 2 weeks? Are you seeing the same news conferances or just watching edited sound bytes ?
    It's one thing to not feel sorry, it's quite another - as a HEAD COACH - to say "boo hoo" about an opponent's injury. Like I said, classless.

To prove my point here is the transcript from LB Bart Scott post game news conferance...
    On losing despite dominating the statistics…
    "It’s tough. They’re a great team. They’ll probably contend for the Super Bowl. They have a tremendous offense – great running backs, a great quarterback, a great tight end. They are stacked across the board. I’m serious. They are great."

Yeah really classless, what horrible comments concerning the dolphins...
    It's all nice and pretty when you see it in print. How about you actually WATCH the clip, and see the sarcasm dripping off of him as he says it. Look at his face as he says it. Please bro...

Funny, the ONLY people not seeing that are Jet fans.

I am not saying we did not loose, but it seems to me that the dolphin offense did not get the job done, it was their special teams & their D (strip/return for TD by none other than J Taylor) that won the game...
    Doesn't matter which part of the team gets it done. That's why it's called a "team". And that team beat the Jets....twice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    The Jets:
    The Bad: The Dolphins Own the Jets this year. Can't call it luck, they beat us a 2nd time. We did many things right but special Teams lost it. Ted Ginn was fantastic for the dolphins on kick returns. 'Nuff said
    Go Jets
    ALL of the Dolphins talk was in response to Jet comments...I'm talking about a team that got beat TWICE by the same team, and still showed no respect. But in all my years of watching Jet/Dolphin games, it's typical of the Jets. That's all I was saying...Quote stats all you want, my friend. I'll take the win. And by the way...your #1 rushing offense averaged 3.2 yards a carry yesterday. Ooooh....

It's one thing to not feel sorry, it's quite another - as a HEAD COACH - to say "boo hoo" about an opponent's injury. Like I said, classless.

It's all nice and pretty when you see it in print. How about you actually WATCH the clip, and see the sarcasm dripping off of him as he says it. Look at his face as he says it. Please bro...

Funny, the ONLY people not seeing that are Jet fans.

Doesn't matter which part of the team gets it done. That's why it's called a "team". And that team beat the Jets....twice.
    rex ryan
    On Joey Porter taking issue with his comments concerning Will Allen…
    "I don’t care about that. If he’s got issues with me about one of their guys being out, I don’t feel sorry for them losing Will Allen. Obviously, I don’t like it for any player to be hurt, but if they’re looking for sympathy because Will Allen is out of the game, well, we’ve got Kris Jenkins out and we’ve got Leon Washington out for the season — two guys that are Pro Bowl players. No disrespect to Will Allen, but I don’t think he’s going to make a Pro Bowl anytime soon. He’s a decent player, but whatever."
    Ahh the classless coach.
    On if he thought Miami was the tougher team…
    "It was like 50 yards below their average, but right now we're the No. 1 running team in the NFL, so we're going to find out. I think it's a great statement, because I think he's dead on. I think he's dead on, and I don't have a silver tongue like he does, and I respect Ronnie Brown. He's a hell of a football player, him and his partner Ricky Williams, but I couldn't agree more with him on that statement. It's going to be a great game."
    Yeah he continues to make classless statements about his opponent's players
    On the Wildcat…
    "I don't know, you've got to give them credit. Obviously, the way they were celebrating, they deserved it. Whether it was scheme, whether it was execution, whatever it was, they got the job done. We'll see what happens. They threw the ball for 250 yards..."
    oh yeah, he really is saying absolutly horrible things...

You can look at the quote from me above.
    Yes you won the game, actually both. Yes your team won both games.
    Yes the Jets still have the #1 rushing offense, but we only have 4 wins. Miami has the, what is it after the jets got through with them, oh yeah the #4 rushing O and only has how many wins ???

Oh and did you see & hear rex's original comment with the boo hoo ?
    He wasn't saying boo hoo about the injury he was MOCKING the idea that the only injured player in the league was on the dolphins.
    He pointed out, that the dolphins had an injury to a CB. He said that he lost 2 PRO-BOWL players. if they were looking for sympathy well than BOO-Hoo ... as in get over it, this is a tough sport and I do not care about other teams injuries. See what he said, and how he said it.

Oh yeah, another point- Bart scott, its a good thing that his words are lost on the dolphins and their fans. Because Chad henne is the one player anyone would like on their team...

Oh and finnaly, you know- this is the second time we have played you and lost. This is the second time you have called the jets players and their coach classless. this is the second time you have stated that the dolphins and their fans feel disrespected by the Jets.
    well , Boo Hoo

Go Jets

Post Thanks / Like

I won't talk anymore about this. You are obviously drinking the Jet kool aid. Look in the NY Post today, even the biggest Jet homer of all time, Mark Cannizzaro, said that Bart Scott was dripping with sarcasm when he made his statements.

Look at other NFL publications on the net, they are - almost to a man - ALL saying the jets acted classless, and how foolish they look running their mouths all the time and acting like they're world beaters when they're a .500 team.

Yes you have one more win than the Dolphins. But you won't be playing Oakland Elementary anymore this year. Watch that record drop.

And by the way, I don't care that the jet players and coach disrespect the Dolphins. They can do that all they want with their mouths. Seems like it's the only way they can, cause on the field they sure can't.

You want to say it's just me and keep believing what Rex is force feeding Jet Nation, well then....

Boo hoo.

Carry on with the original topic.

Post Thanks / Like

I won't talk anymore about this. You are obviously drinking the Jet kool aid.Look in the NY Post today, even the biggest Jet homer of all time, Mark Cannizzaro, said that Bart Scott was dripping with sarcasm when he made his statements.

Look at other NFL publications on the net, they are - almost to a man - ALL saying the jets acted classless, and how foolish they look running their mouths all the time and acting like they're world beaters when they're a .500 team.

Yes you have one more win than the Dolphins. But you won't be playing Oakland Elementary anymore this year. Watch that record drop.

And by the way, I don't care that the jet players and coach disrespect the Dolphins. They can do that all they want with their mouths. Seems like it's the only way they can, cause on the field they sure can't.

You want to say it's just me and keep believing what Rex is force feeding Jet Nation, well then....

Boo hoo.

Carry on with the original topic.
    Ok I get it.
    Everyone in the whole wide world thinks the Jets are clasless. Your words. You start off by saying you wont talk about this anymore, than you talk about it.

You did not get the meaning of my comments concerning bart scott...
    Also you perhaps could not repond concerning the coach, because once again you didn't see or hear the original comment ...
    Wow you have opened my eyes, bro.
    So if I get this straight- if the jets badmouth the dolphins, then they are classless. If they say wow, we lost, they won, than they are classless. If they say that chad henne and the fish are going to the superbowl than they are classless.
    Wow you mean that an NFL player said something about the other team, being better than they were, than ...OMG ! they were not speaking the truth. Say it isn't so ...
    Wait a minute, YOU just mean the jets players...it is not the entire NFL.

I got it now, We are the classless lot. Whatever we say is classless, wether we win or loose. Perfectly clear now.

Oh PS, I do not drink Kool aid.
    But win loose die or tie, I root and support MY team.
    We are the classless lot.
    Oh by the way, to keep it more on topic:
    The Ugly: The "classless" jets and their fans. Thank goodness the Miami Dolphins and their fans are held in such high esteem, I think perhaps Joey porter had ought to be cannonized for his selfless remarks.

Meanwhile
    if you did not care, than why did YOU bring it up ?

Just making it clear.

Post Thanks / Like

I meant it will be my last comment on it, which it is, cause you'll only keep spinning it to make it the way you want, and because this isn't the forum for a discussion like that.

Capisce?

But just to let you know...this quote comes from Mark Cannizzaro, NY Post writer who's a die hard Jets fan.

A second loss to the Dolphins in three weeks left the Jets eating many things, including their tough-talk words -- everyone, that is, except linebacker Bart Scott, who dripped with so much sarcasm afterward he probably needed extra towels for the ride home to keep his seat dry.

Scott sarcastically saluted the rival 3-4 Dolphins after the game, saying: "They are Super Bowl contenders and they will probably take it all the way."
    But no bro...it's only me who sees it, right? Take off the green glasses.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I meant it will be my last comment on it, which it is, cause you'll only keep spinning it to make it the way you want, and because this isn't the forum for a discussion like that.

Capisce?
    But no bro...it's only me who sees it, right? Take off the green glasses.
    Pagan, you don't get it...
    I don't wear green glasses, I dont drink kool aid.

I am not spinning it.
    I give you direct quotes from the coach, the classless one. I give you this, because in both watching and reading the ENTIRE press conference I do not see the great classlessness of Rex. I do not see him as a god, I do not see him as the jets savior. He is their coach, he is upfront about how he does things and how he feels. He is not PC. and I respect that. I knew some dolphin, or a dolph-fan was going to make a big deal about the boo hoo comment, which is how you and the dolph-fans demonize the jets. I give you as much as I can, and still you have blinders on concerning anything said by Rex Ryan. I explain the comment, you ignor it. Obviously I am just as classless as the jets.
    I give you a sarcastic remark concerning both the sarcasm and the entire quote from bart scott. I follow it up with a tounge in cheek remark about all the NFL players -sometimes having to give some statement about their opponent- which the player does not believe.
    Yet you persist in the bart scott comment, with quotes from how someone else felt about it- because you did not get the joke, or what I said in the first place (again see my comment above about bart scott and chad Henne).
    We are just the classless louts of the NFL. Nothing will change your mind about this.
    The jets are the one and only loudmouth team in the NFL. Good thing our defense can not back up anything it says. We are just CLASSLESS. and the dolphins deserve to be saints, along with their fans who are only out for the good of the NFL

From this classless jet fan, I thank you for pointing out how classless EVERYTHING that the jets say is.

Oh, and what is the forum for a discussion about that ?

Post Thanks / Like

If you were being tongue in cheek, sometimes that's hard to decipher in written form. If that's the case, good on ya, you got me.

Face it bro, your coach is a demon spawn of Buddy Ryan. No one but the Jets and Jet fans are going to like him.

By the way, never called YOU classless.

Just your team.

Post Thanks / Like

My Raiders

Post Thanks / Like

If you were being tongue in cheek, sometimes that's hard to decipher in written form. If that's the case, good on ya, you got me.

Face it bro, your coach is a demon spawn of Buddy Ryan. No one but the Jets and Jet fans are going to like him.

By the way, never called YOU classless.

Just your team.
    This is an incorrect statement....I like Rex Ryan and I would bet there are some teams throughout the league that wish they had him.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: