I have read plenty of praise about how Disney chefs are knowledgeable and accommodating for all sorts of food allergies. However, my wife and I want to do mostly food courts and counter service for our next trip, because 1) we think there is way too much fun to be had at Disney to spend all week watching the clock waiting on our next ADR, and 2) we have no interest in trying to manage a 2½ year old at 2-3 sit down restaurants a day (that’s no vacation for us.) So I need some information on counter service foods.

Our concern is for our 2½ year old who is allergic to EGGS and PEANUTS. I am wondering whether the staple foods available at most counter service and food courts around will have eggs or peanuts, foods like hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, chicken strips/nuggets, spaghetti, mac & cheese (can this be found anywhere CS?), etc… I have read that these places have the information available in a book beside each cash register, but I would like to go with somewhat of a plan of what’s OK, and just double-check that plan at the cash register. I have read about people emailing special diets at Disney, but it’s always within the context of an ADR and not counter service meals.

Does the special diets email (or somewhere else) provide detailed allergy information for food courts and counter service foods in advance? Or is it just for table service locations? Any help will be greatly appreciated.