Quantcast She Said - He Said Day 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default She Said - He Said Day 8

Cast:
    She (nicster) – 10 years old at WDW. Real world age? Between 50 & death…
    He (DH) – 11 years old at WDW. Ditto on real world age.

September 27:

THE PLAN: Pool – Magic Kingdom – Hoop-Dee-Doo

We decided to do a pool morning at the quiet pool at Jamaica. We start out with breakfast at Old Port Royale. I have the French toast. Can you say bleechy?

The quiet pool is just right for us. I love the look of the themed pool here at CBR, but the chaos & activities of all the munchkins is a bit much for me first thing in the morning. Although, I am dreaming of when little Otto (dgs 7 months old) will be old enough for us to all be here together.

DW calls Disney to see if we can make ADRs for the table services we have left. Okay, for tomorrow, Nine Dragons at 1:00, and on Tuesday, Tokyo Dining at 8:40 PM. Wow that’s convenient.

Nine Dragons always seems to be the one that is available. Hmmm, we have eaten there before, I don’t remember anything I didn’t like, but I don’t remember anything remarkable either. I hope this won’t be disappointing. Oh, now that I think of it, isn’t Illuminations at 9 p.m.? Isn’t Toyko Dining the one in the front of the Japan building that overlooks where they put on the show??? Oh, oh, oh… I’m getting excited about this ADR!

Anyways, we head back to the room, get in our bathing suits and lay around the pool for a couple of hours. I keep running out of books to read, so I get a couple more.

Then we head over to MK. We’re at the bus stop at 2:11 and get straight onto a bus. 18 minutes later we’re at MK. As we exit the bus and start to head to the entrance, we see an ambulance parked ahead and a number of CMs are around a lady sitting down at the entrance to the buses in line. There is a lot of blood on the ground. I mean a lot. Puddles. We can’t see where the wound is, but with all of the blood, we’re guessing it must be a head wound. And the paramedics are not all over the lady, so we can’t tell what’s going on.

Her family was with her & seemed calm & composed, so I don’t think it was too serious. But, there was a lot of blood!

Okay, and here’s evidence that I really am a sick individual. Bear in mind that I sure hope the lady is fine and enjoyed the rest of her trip and didn’t need to go to the hospital or anything. But all of a sudden, I think of Big Al from Country Bear Jamboree and the song he sings. I know, I know. But I couldn’t help it.

Coping mechanism is what I call it. For a man who worked a summer on the kill floor of a slaughter house, he really cannot stand the sight of blood.

So we walk on by (Dionne Warwick) and just before we get to the bag security area, the downpour begins. We wait there for a while, and put on our ponchos. When it lets up a bit, we head for the entrance. We remain in the tunnel until the rain stops. It actually wasn’t too long.

The security guard was pretty cool. He encouraged us to stay under the cover with him as long as we wanted. These storms are so different than anything we encounter in California. Here, if you wait it out it goes away & you can get on with your plans. Walt really knew what he was doing!

We head over to Tomorrowland and I almost make a fatal mistake. At DL, Buzz is on the left as you enter Tomorrowland. I see that the standby line to the attraction on the left is just 5 minutes…and I know that the DW wants to stomp me again, so I head in. I’m pretty hard of hearing and the DW is trying to warn me. I get past the entrance and I finally hear her….it’s not Buzz…..argggghhhh. It’s Stitches Great Escape…..I run screaming from the queue. Thanks Nicci, saved my life again.

I was curious as to how long it would take him to figure it out for himself, but, no sense in torturing the guy!
    continued
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Buzz has a pretty long line so we grab some FPs and head over to Cosmic Rays for lunch. I have a turkey wrap which is pretty good. Pretty big too. DW has the Greek Salad. She’ll claim she’s part Greek but she’s not really.

Okay, my dad’s step father was Greek & that is good enough for me. Richard is right the food was very good. We sat next to a window, and I think the AC was rebounding off of it. With the little bit of dampness that we got from the rain (ponchos can only do so much) & the AC I remember being very cold. FYI - now that the subject has come up, I remember in past trips always bringing a light weight long sleeve top to throw on when we got on the buses or walked into air conditioned buildings. It always seemed excessively cold especially after being in the very hot humid outdoors. This is my wordy way of saying that the World is just not as air conditioned as it used to be. Which is fine with me, but I thing DH would have preferred the big chill.

So we do Monsters Inc again. I’ve modified my joke, but they still don’t use it. We do Buzz and I get killed again. Sigh. Is this what it’s like to lose all of the time? I don’t like it.

Welcome to my world when we go on TSMM!

We get another FP for Buzz. I’m clearly a glutton for punishment, and we head over to Tiki. Tiki at DL was the first attraction I ever took the DW on back in ’71. So we can’t miss it.

The queue is nice & shady, & the pre-show is entertaining. But, just does not have the classic charm of DL.

I really don’t like the modified version. I can’t understand half of it…Gilbert G’s voice just rankles me, and the flowers don’t get to sing. At least not like in the old version. We come out, and guess what, it’s pouring again. So we hang around at the Tiki exit until it stops. We head back to Buzz, but we’re early so, just enough time for TTA again. We walk up to Buzz, but everyone is pouring out…it must be broke. We head over to the Hall of Presidents to see if we can tell the “hybrids” from the fully automated characters. That’s one of the things we learned on the Backstage Magic Tour.

Back to Buzz, where guess what happens? That’s right, I lose again…..grrr.

Heehee

We start to work our way out to catch the boat, but one of the parades is going on, and we’re on the wrong side. We wait for a pause in the action and run across. The CMs weren’t too happy, but there was no other way to get to the exit without waiting till the end of the parade. Not gonna do that.

I can’t take him anywhere! I do love taking the boats from place to place. It reminds me of water taxis we have taken from one island to another on some of our travels.

So we head over to Fort Wilderness and Hoop-de-doo.

When we get there they have everyone line up and confirm they are on the reservation list. Then they invite you to have a picture taken, that will later be offered before the meal is over. The tables are assigned prior to arrival, so we found it unnecessary to get into the big mob line when they opened the doors. We just hung back until it was manageable and went on in (do you get the idea that we don’t like being crowded?)

Nicci orders a sterling silver carved “Otto” ring. We wait till the crowd shuffles in, and then we head in. Another rib buffet…I think this is our 4th this week. Can you say no more please?

The man doing the ring carving was very kind. He said he would be at his booth when the show let out, but asked for our table number just in case it rained. In that case he said he would deliver it to our table. The food was just fine, but like said above, a repeat, once too often. Our server was good to us, kidding around & making us feel at home.

So we’re enjoying the show, and Nicci recognizes one of the players as being one who worked at the Adventurer’s Club. So as she approaches during one of the times they are wandering the audience, she says Kongaloosh. Boy, do we get a reaction. She responds with the hand salute and everything. She comes over and we have a really nice discussion. Nicci is wearing her Adventurer’s Club pin. I finally realize that she is “Sunny”, my favorite French maid. We reminisce about the closing of the Club and wishing it would come back. Come on Disney. What were you thinking? It was great. A quick side note here. I get back home and am walking to lunch with a co-worker and telling him we just got back from WDW and the first thing he says is that he loves the Adventurer’s Club. No fooling. I have to break the news to him.

Anyway, moving along, since we are celebrating our anniversary, we get recognized during the show. We tell them we’ve been married 38 years and since we don’t look quite old enough for that, they start making the “you must have been married in kindergarten” jokes. They have us do a little dance, and I get to kiss the DW. Pretty cool.

I always enjoy this show, & when I heard the cm’s voice I was just sure that she was from AC. Richard was especially pleased that she was the one who used to play the French maid Sunny Knight, she also did Pamelia Perkins - Club President. She really enjoyed the fact that I was wearing an Adventurers Club pin. Before we left we gave her one of our “Thank You for going above & beyond” cards. We haven’t said much about those in past reports, but it was an interesting insight to hear some of the cm’s say that they collect these type cards. One guy said he had a whole album devoted to them!

When the show is over, we see that they have a bus to take us to the resort. So it’s us and Pop Century folks. We sit on the bus for a while and I start up a conversation with a couple wearing LiveStrong clothing. I used to cycle a lot (90,000 miles since 1990), although I’m not doing much of that lately, but we share a bunch of cycling stories. We have some of those glow-in-dark sticks that we make into bracelets and we hand them out to 3 girls and a boy. After dropping off the Pop folks, we get to CBR where we’re the first stop. Woo Hoo.

Even with the rain, a great day. Relaxing and yet a lot of fun. I think the DW must be somehow buying off someone at Buzz. It’s just wrong for me to lose that many times and that badly.

It is a shame that we have to go clear across the USA for me to be able to beat DH at anything. But, since it is at WDW, so be it!
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just loving your reports! You two are having such a great time!

Did you get married in 1971?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I was so happy to find another report today. I have been enjoying your reports and love the "he said-she said" idea. Congratulations on your anniversary. I can feel the friendship, humor and affection in your relationship in your report. Thanks for all your detail. Thanks to your report I'll be sure not to do all those rib and chicken buffets in the same trip!!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they'd kept the Adventurer's Club around, too. We never got to try it because we had the kids with us and kept to family activities. Now the kids are older and we can go without them, and no more AC. I love that the She won at Buzz. Go Nicci! Sorry, Richard.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I'm just loving your reports! You two are having such a great time!

Did you get married in 1971?
    Wednesday, July 28, 1971 at high noon in Virginia City, NV. The trip is our gift to each other hense the anniversary pins.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thejens View Post
    I was so happy to find another report today. I have been enjoying your reports and love the "he said-she said" idea. Congratulations on your anniversary. I can feel the friendship, humor and affection in your relationship in your report. Thanks for all your detail. Thanks to your report I'll be sure not to do all those rib and chicken buffets in the same trip!!
    We both came from broken homes, and I think that gave us the motivation to 'make it work'. We jokingly say that 'No one is getting out of this marriage alive'. We really are best of friends. We started the reports with me taking the lead, but since returning I have come down with flu, so I am limping along... that's my excuse & I am sticking to it!
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Phew - I'm so glad the "blood on the saddle" (or sidewalk, in this case) wasn't yours!!!

Cracking up about the Buzz thing - occasionally I can beat my DH, but it's far & few in between. Like you, we sure have a good time with it, though!

Although the actual meal sounded like a repeat (ribs & chicken/ribs & chicken/ribs & chicken), what a wonderful surprise to chat with a CM of your beloved Adventurers Club.

What another swell day. Happy Anniversary to you!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

"Bear in mind that I sure hope the lady is fine and enjoyed the rest of her trip and didn’t need to go to the hospital or anything."

Was this another reference to Big Al?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicster View Post
    ...we head over to Tiki. Tiki at DL was the first attraction I ever took the DW on back in ’71. So we can’t miss it...

...The queue is nice & shady, & the pre-show is entertaining. But, just does not have the classic charm of DL...

...I really don’t like the modified version. I can’t understand half of it…Gilbert G’s voice just rankles me...
    So true - they did a complete "charmectomy" on this and there is no way that I'll ever sit through this travesty again. Even if it had sentimental meaning like it does for you two, I'm afraid I'd have to skip it - its just plain bad.

I also agree with you about The Adventurers Club. Shame on Disney for closing a perfectly cool, original adult attraction. I'm glad to hear that some of the actors from there have picked up other gigs though. I haven't been to Hoop Dee Doo for a few years but I remember that we also saw at least one of the players in a role at the Club. I hope when we see it next month we'll recognize somebody like you two did.

Sounds like another great day for both of you. Thanks for another entertaining report. Kungaloosh!
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicster View Post
    Wednesday, July 28, 1971 at high noon in Virginia City, NV. The trip is our gift to each other hense the anniversary pins.
    Our wedding date is August 1, 1971!!! Do I remember you saying you honeymooned at Disney World?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Our wedding date is August 1, 1971!!! Do I remember you saying you honeymooned at Disney World?
    Our honeymoon was delayed to November & we went to Disneyland. This was my very first time at any Disney park, so it was very special! Did you honeymoon at Disney World?
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

What a great way to celebrate your anniversary...the Hoop Dee Doo!! We will be celebrating Thanksgiving there next month and have only heard great things about the show.

We also made the "thank you" cards to be distributed on our trip and it's great to hear that they are appreciated by the CM's. The 2 GDD's are looking forward to passing them out to deserving CM's.
    Grammie

July 1988 Disneyland
    Aug 1997 Dixie Landings
    July 2003 off site
    Dec 2004 Day trip to Epcot
    Nov 21-Dec 1, 2007 CBR
    Nov 18-28, 2009 POP
    Nov 18-26, 2016 POP

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: