Quantcast DVC Charging Members for Valet Parking as of 10/11/09

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Charging Members for Valet Parking as of 10/11/09

Has anyone heard about this? We were just a the Poly where we valet parked (I thought it was free at any WDW resort for DVC members), so I called DVC to verify that I actually did have to pay at a non DVC resort, and the CM told me that effective tomorrow, 10/11/09 all members will have to pay $12.00 for valet parking. What irritates me the most about this is that it's $2 more expensive than they're charging regular guests!! I thought that free valet was a nice perk. What will they take from us next?
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way...just got back, and got charged for valet at the Boardwalk...I didn't feel like arguing, so I just paid the $.

I know that Disney is just trying to make money, but they are upsetting their core fans with this kind of nonsense...sigh
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

Just chipping away, little by little...sigh.
    This is disappointing because we always rent a car. It never was free at the Poly though (or GF)- only DVC resorts that had valet like BC, BW, WL.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Valet parking at the Poly or GF has never been free for DVC members. Only Deluxe resorts with DVC accommodations offered this perk, which I just confirmed is going away on 10/11/09.

I have to tell you, this bothers me. Self-parking at Beach Club Villas is convenient, but not at any of the other DVC resorts which have valet parking. Now, I will be traveling with my mother in December and will receive complementary valet parking that trip (as she uses a wheelchair and has a handicapped parking permit) but after that, It definitely makes me like my home resort (SSR) more as I will not have the added expense.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely. They are off the hook by not having to provide "free" ME service to DVC guests but feel the need to beat them out of $12 a day to park. Nice way to treat some of their more loyal guests.

Our DVC purchase is one of my biggest regrets and wish I could convince DH to get rid of it.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Before we beat Disney up here, I thought I read that valet services at the resorts were something outsourced a year or so back by Disney. If so, it wouldn't it be that it is the outsourcing company that is charging not Disney. When I was working as a manager up here outsourcing companies would up there rates and we would have to pass them on.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

This stinks. This was a nice perk.

Although...
    If you have a Tables in Wonderland card you can still get free valet parking any any Disney resort where you are dining.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Before we beat Disney up here, I thought I read that valet services at the resorts were something outsourced a year or so back by Disney. If so, it wouldn't it be that it is the outsourcing company that is charging not Disney. When I was working as a manager up here outsourcing companies would up there rates and we would have to pass them on.
    I thought Magical Express was contracted through Mears, yet this remains free. Maybe I am incorrect but I remember reading that somewhere.

Anyway, Disney can change any "perks" at will. According to them they are not gauranteed now or in the future. It's a shame though because there have been alot of little changes over recent years, but there hasn't been much done to replace what's been going away. I don't care about discounts to Cirque Du Soliel. That doesn't matter to my family. Neither do golf discounts. You spend all this money to be a member, and visit repeatedly, and you get less than other guests who pay cash.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Soon they'll charge us for trash n towel services! Hey you never no!
    DVC Members since 2006!
    Home Resorts SSR and AKV!

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there for a one night stay (9/25) THEN we left on the 7 night eastern DCL cruise, THEN were back again, for a one night stay (10/3) at the BWV's before flying home.

The in-laws drove down from Atlanta and left their car with the valet for the week even though they had officially checked out.
    Since they were checking back in and were on the cruise for the week with Disnehy, the Resort gave them a parking pass for the week instead of just one night.

Their room was tied to my DVC membership (we were on the Magical Express) and their parking was comp'ed due to the DVC membership. As I understood it, DVC members got comp'ed valet parking at the Resorts that were the timeshare Villas, but not at the other lodgings on property i.e.: the hotels that were traded into.

Bummer to learn that this "perK' was going bye-bye, however as noted above, everything is subject to change.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98)

2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
    2008 - BWV (2)
    2007 - BWV
    2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
    2005 - HH, BWV (2)
    2003 - BWV
    2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
    2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
    2000 - BWV
    1999 - BWV, HH, VB
    1998 - BWV, Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I don't have a strong opinion about this. Mainly because I still have my first DVC stay coming up this November. Secondly, I don't plan on driving and using valet parking. But I do agree it stinks when they take away perks even if they are not always guaranteed.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonscraps View Post
    Lovely. They are off the hook by not having to provide "free" ME service to DVC guests but feel the need to beat them out of $12 a day to park. Nice way to treat some of their more loyal guests.

Our DVC purchase is one of my biggest regrets and wish I could convince DH to get rid of it.
    Since when do DVC members not get ME?

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that I never used the valet parking. At the Beach Club Villas, for instance, I just parked in the lot by the Villas and made a "few trips" up to the room. Every other place I have stayed I just drove my car up, unloaded it with the bell services and self-parked. So it isn't a big issue with me.

HOWEVER, I am disturbed that DVC keeps changing stuff that makes the experience "less magical." I mean the points change for weekdays and now something like this. Sure it is within their right contractually to do this, but it seems like they keep doing things that alienate certain guests that have come to expect certain things. Oh well, I am sure this is happening everywhere right now. The economy isn't good and businesses are cutting corners where they can. Disney is no exception.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Since when do DVC members not get ME?

oops...that was a typo. I meant to say DVC members that bring cars to the resorts and therefore not using ME service.
    sorry for the confusion there.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Really getting tired of all this nickel and diming It's bad enough we see it at the parks now I have to see it at my resort! What's next coin operated Washer and dryers in the rooms
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonscraps View Post

You can still get free self parking and free parking at the parks when you are staying at a DVC. I think I used the valet parking perk once or twice but don't usually bother. It does seem like they are chipping away at things but I would be a lot more upset if they took away the AP discount.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    You can still get free self parking and free parking at the parks when you are staying at a DVC. I think I used the valet parking perk once or twice but don't usually bother. It does seem like they are chipping away at things but I would be a lot more upset if they took away the AP discount.
    I guess it's all in the way you look at it and travel. We don't get annual passes so what others save on APs, we saved on valet parking. Even though we don't take advantage of the AP savings I would be equally upset if they took away that perk for other members.

We'll probably decide on a day to day basis if we will use valet service or self park.
    ~ Christine

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

One perk I never used anyway.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    It does seem like they are chipping away at things but I would be a lot more upset if they took away the AP discount.
    Trust me ... that's next.

I'm quite sure this is in response to sagging profits. They used to make a bunch of money selling DVC memberships, so the money they weren't making on rooms going to DVC members didn't seem like such a big deal.

But now, in this down economy, I'm sure some bean counter somewhere went, "Hey these DVC people are costing us money when they use those memberships we sold them! We need to get more money from them!"

I'm not thrilled, but I'm not going to go too crazy about it either ... it's a perk I made use of, but not too frequently and one I don't really mind working around. The concept, though ... the constant cutbacks and increases ... that's getting very, very old.

I just do not understand all the money grabs (massive increase in ticket prices, massive increase in parking at the theme parks, this increase, etc.) during one of the worst economic downturns in the last 100 years.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My DW loves to valet, while I like to self-park.

She won't like this change at all, since it gives me a reason to self-park ("honey, it's free while valet is $12 plus tip!").

I should still get free valet while dining using the TIW card.
    DVC Mike

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: