Quantcast 3rd times a charm Part 2 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks so funny seeing Claire in regular clothes when she had been in princess dresses the whole trip!

I've enjoyed your trip report. It really felt like you are there with all the detail and the pics you've posted. Any chance of posting the trip before this one?
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
    It looks so funny seeing Claire in regular clothes when she had been in princess dresses the whole trip!

I've enjoyed your trip report. It really felt like you are there with all the detail and the pics you've posted. Any chance of posting the trip before this one?
    Maybe. But I'll warn you the TR is really short. I tried to do each day in 1 post and didn't go into alot of detail. I'll have to find it though.
    After I am done with this offical report I'll go back and post pics that didn't officially make it in the first time around. Some were just not good pics while others were, but I just had alot from that event. Plus I didn't post alot of the pics from Pop in the report, but took quite a few.

Post Thanks / Like

After World of Disney we worked our way over to Goofy’s. DTD was packed. I was so irritated all these people were getting in MY way. LOL!

I swear I must’ve went into Goofy’s while mostly idiots were working! UGH. I looked at the candy “menu” and decided I want to make 3 sets of 3 pretzel rods to use up the credits. The girl said they only had one paper left to fill out and she would look for more. Well she just disappeared forever, and then came back and looked and left again and said her manager had to go look for the main one to make copies. Now this is DISNEY….shouldn’t they have a bunch of these made? I told her that could I just get 3 sets of the same and right what I want on one paper. She acted like I was crazy for wanting 3 sets and that doing 3 on the same paper was going to mess up the system. But she allowed it. Then a guy came out and he was going to get them started while she did some more wandering around doing nothing.
    He was even SLOWER! Also he told me I couldn’t have white chocolate drizzled over my toppings because I already had white chocolate as the base and it wouldn’t make a difference in taste. Well to me it would’ve, but at this point I just wanted them to hurry up and get them done, so I didn’t argue. So we waited while this guy worked in slow motion.

After awhile the girl came to help him, but it didn’t go any faster.

Finally they got them done. This guy just had no clue. They are supposed to seal the bag with a sticker, but he folds the bag and puts the sticker next to it, so it doesn’t hold it shut in any way shape or form. He tells me to be careful with them, but I just wanted to leave and they did get smashed and stuck to the bag a bit…but what’s a little paper in the digestive system. LOL!

We headed over to the bus stop and sat down. It was crowded there. And again we waited and waited. 3 All Star buses and 2 Fort Wilderness buses came before the Pop one came. Then the ride is so long back. You have to stop on the other side of DTD before you head back to Pop.
    Claire and I were very tired and happy to be back. We stopped off at the laundry room to pick up my bag out of the dryer and went back to the room. I needed to get ice for the sandwiches and of course Claire had to tag along. I was half way there when she comes running out of the room crying. So I went back, got her, and we took a quick walk around the lake area and then got our ice. I finished up with getting things set for the morning and then we went to sleep. I don’t remember for sure what time we set the alarm for, but I know it was early. I think 5.

And that was the last full day at Disney….Boo Hoo!

Post Thanks / Like

March 14

Saturday

Our departure day

Boo Hoo is all I can say.
    The alarm went off very early and DH jumps out of bed and gets ready. That made me MAD! All week he was tired and not getting up, which was fine, but on the day we are leaving he wakes up all excited and has more energy than he had the whole trip. This guy is just way to obsessed with being at home with his cows. LOL!
    I made a few comments on this as well. He tried to play it off like he doesn’t want to get in our way, so he’ll get ready fast, and how he doesn’t want us to be late either. What ever!

I get Claire up and she is crying. Not because it is so early. She doesn’t want to leave Disney. She even pleaded to her daddy…. “Please can we stay longer daddy” ... How can you resist this. LOL! I dressed her and since she was so tired, I put a fresh pull up on her. She still wears one to sleep in and I was worried that if she fell asleep for most of the way back we could possibly have an accident…but in the end it wasn’t needed, but better safe than sorry.

Claire got another gift this morning too. It was a Mickey type etch a sketch, but really small. Here is the note she got.

Claire and I snacked on a pretzel rod for breakfast. LOL! We end up snacking on these through the day, but Claire likes the plain pretzel part and isn’t too impressed with the toppings. DH won’t touch them. YAY. I had these (all 9 of them) finished in two days.

So DH goes out practically empty handed to get the car. Claire and I drag ALL the luggage out to the spot I thought he was going to be waiting. (he seemed to do the same thing when we arrived, and Claire and I dragged all the stuff to our room then)
    I wasn’t thinking loving thoughts about him at this point. We go to the spot and he’s not there. I beep him and he was in front of Classic Hall, but I didn’t know that was wear he was going! We had gone around the side near the 70’s section, where he had dropped it all off before.

One side note, as we were walking up we saw a couple sleeping on lounge chairs. They had a bedspread on them and were totally out. LOL! I wish my hands weren’t so full so I could’ve taken a picture. LOL!

So we load up the car and head off. Our last view of Pop was early AM in the dark.
    Claire was still crying. She cried almost the whole hour drive to the airport. She couldn’t get comfy in the back seat to sleep and just didn’t want to leave. We stopped off at a gas station to refill the rental car and about that is when she settled down. That was just minutes from the airport.

Skip pull up and unload us and we wait for him while he drops off the car. So many people that walked in commented on how cute Claire was. AWWW!

Skip comes back and we drag all the stuff into the line for Allegiant. Holy Cow, the line is mega long. I can’t believe all these people are going back to Toledo. Then we find out that the line is also for Fargo…but then the ladies call out that they would like any remaining passengers for Fargo to come up to the head of the line. Only ONE couple goes up. LOL! The guy makes the comment about who else in there right mind would go to Fargo.

We finally get checked in and then got through the long line of security. Claire always panics when we have to take off her shoes. Like she may never get them back. And Skip is just not a helpful guy. His mother must’ve never taught him this kind of stuff. I have to throw the bags up, and the shoes, and stroller, and camera equipment, and all of Claire’s too, and our coats, while he takes care of the one bag I make him carry and his shoes and coat, and phone. Now I always seemed to do our stuff faster than he can as well.

We get a seat and Claire and I go off to buy some drinks to take onboard. Before you know it, it’s time to load and we are homebound. Claire never fell asleep, but mostly played her game.

Notice that little patch of white behind her hair? Well it is this.

The person behind hers foot. LOL! Skip kept telling her to bite it and tickle it. I told her not to bother the poor person. LOL!

I mostly wrote in the journal to catch up with the days I was behind.

Skip and I ate the EOS sandwiches, but Claire isn’t much of a sandwich person, so we just took hers home (and I ate it later that day )

When we landed the girl behind Claire stood up as we waited to exit. I told her how were laughing at her toe and that Skip told Claire to tickle her, and her friends were laughing so hard.

We got off the plane and found my dad and off to get the luggage. We live very close to the airport, so the ride home wasn’t long. Of course Skip’s annoying brother is beeping us the minute we have the phones back on and wondering why he’s not home yet. He does this EVERY trip. And then he goes on a long list of things that Skip has to do the MINUTE he gets back. Of course Skip is all too eager to do them as well, but it is really annoying. I mean give us a minute to get home. So I tell Skip this. He was in the backseat with Claire and he goes on with this “you gotta understand…” type speech, but I swear he hit the two way button on the phone as he was saying it. Like he was talking to me on the phone. When his speech was done his brother beeps him and asks him {terms of service] he’s talking about. LOL! He did beep him and the speech went to him too. But of course that just makes me look bad to his brother I’m sure, if he understood it.
    Oh well, not my worry.

So we get home and take the luggage in and then Skip is dressed for work and out the door. I do a little unpacking and Claire lays around watching TV because she is soooo tired. I also then check in on my Disney boards. It’s been a whole week. LOL!

And that’s pretty much our trip!

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by faline; 10-30-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: terms of service

Post Thanks / Like

Now for photos that didn’t make it into the TR the first time around. LOL!

This is from March 8, our first day.

And remember how I said most of my castle ones came out crooked. Here is what I mean. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed your report and pictures.

Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

More photos

Post Thanks / Like

Yay, more pics!

It's so sad seeing a WDW trip come to an end! They go by so quickly. But it's always fun planning for the next trip and wondering what awesome things will happen!

As a tradition, my family takes one last group picture of each other in the resort parking lot(usually Pop nowadays) before hopping in the car to head home...
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I’m sure you can see why a lot of these didn’t make it into the official report. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Now for some around Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Here is something different. The corvette was moved off to the side away from the Goofy jets. It was moved back later in the week.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think I mentioned this, but all of these Pop pictures are from our second day (first morning there)

Post Thanks / Like

Well here’s the proof I am sometimes wrong…..which almost NEVER happens. LOL!

I swore up and down there was only one twister set at Pop, well this trip I stumbled across the second one. I must’ve walked by it a few times in the past and just never saw it.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know there were 2 twister sets either. Your pics are getting me excited about my next vacation in Oct 2010 we will be staying at Pop we have not stayed there since 2007. (did I say we just got back from our vacation this year?)

Post Thanks / Like

I know! I kind of swore up and down to someone that there was on one twister there. I guess insert foot in mouth then! LOL!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: