Quantcast MLB Playoffs 2009 - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Funny ... I wonder where those rings on the Phillies' fingers came from then?

Huh ... and here I thought we were the reigning World Champs. Silly me.
    Aren't you the one who said the regular season meant nothing, that now it was the playoffs? So now you're leaning on LAST year?

Gotta love that selective logic you use Ian! You guys won last year...okay, you all deserve a cookie.

I know about rings my friend. There's 26 of them on display in Yankee Stadium. Let me know when you guys catch up.

And for the record, I never said it was going to be a cakewalk. But to use your own logic...your Philles haven't seen anything like the Yankees yet.

Just to give you the 411 here...the Yanks are winning and neither Texiera, Damon, or Matsui are finding their groove yet.

They do, look out.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I know about rings my friend. There's 26 of them on display in Yankee Stadium. Let me know when you guys catch up.
    Actually ... and this is a legit question not trash talk ... I was wondering how many current Yankees have rings? Do you know off the top of your head? Jeter was with them when they won in 2000 right? Anyone else? I assume Pettite has at least one?

Re: the rest of your post, you can say the same thing about your logic. You twist it to favor your argument. For example, you can't really compare AL hitting stats with NL hitting stats, since you guys have that lame DH rule.

And anyway, how about you wait for the Yankees to actually make the Series before you start talking trash to the Phillies? We're here, dude. We're waiting for you. How about you close it out ... if the Yankees are so good what's taking you so long??

Three extra days of rest for the Phils and counting, my friend. Git 'er done.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually ... and this is a legit question not trash talk ... I was wondering how many current Yankees have rings? Do you know off the top of your head? Jeter was with them when they won in 2000 right? Anyone else? I assume Pettite has at least one?
    Jeter, Pettite, Posada, and Rivera.

How about you close it out ... if the Yankees are so good what's taking you so long??
    Well Ian...if the Yanks had to play the lame NL teams they probably would have closed it out by now. They have to play some REAL teams in order to get there.

Three extra days of rest for the Phils and counting, my friend. Git 'er done.
    You guys will have plenty of rest in the offseason to lick your wounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Boys, boys, boys... you know these stat wars really mean nothing. People can twist stats to prove whatever they want... That's why you play the game!! In the meantime the Yankees still have to win that last game against the Angels. The Phillies are already there, waiting for their parter to the big dance.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Boys, boys, boys... you know these stat wars really mean nothing. People can twist stats to prove whatever they want... That's why you play the game!! In the meantime the Yankees still have to win that last game against the Angels. The Phillies are already there, waiting for their parter to the big dance.
    18-5 in their last 23 playoff games is my favorite stat.
    Jerry

"I only hope we never lose sight of one thing..that it was all started by a mouse."--Walt Disney

Our favorite trip...the NEXT one!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Jeter, Pettite, Posada, and Rivera.
    Huh ... so the Yankees have four guys with rings.

We have Ruiz, Howard, Bruntlett, Feliz, Rollins, Dobbs, Utley, Victorino, Stairs, Werth, Martinez, Hamels, Durbin, Happ, Eyre, Lidge, Blanton, and Madsen.

That's 18.

I got news for you ... the 26 rings the Yankees have won before don't mean doodly for this series. What matters is the four the current Yanks have vs. the eighteen we have.

This team knows how to win in the postseason.

Like I said ... get there ... then we'll talk. Because ... ummm ... if memory serves the last time the Yankees were up 3-1 in a series, didn't they it away??
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Because ... ummm ... if memory serves the last time the Yankees were up 3-1 in a series, didn't they it away??
    Ooops. I'm sorry ... my mistake.

They weren't up 3-1 in that series ... they were up 3-0 and couldn't win one more stinkin' game.

Yeah, yeah I know ... "It's not the same team!!"

Well that works both ways. You can't say, "It's not the same team!" when I point out their failures, but then try and claim those 26 rings that only a handful of these current players were involved in winning actually do mean something.

See ya Wednesday ... if the Yankees don't again, that is.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Ooops. I'm sorry ... my mistake.

They weren't up 3-1 in that series ... they were up 3-0 and couldn't win one more stinkin' game.

Yeah, yeah I know ... "It's not the same team!!"

Well that works both ways. You can't say, "It's not the same team!" when I point out their failures, but then try and claim those 26 rings that only a handful of these current players were involved in winning actually do mean something.
    I am actually laughing out loud at the fact that you are now anticipating the comebacks before they happen!!!! Gotta love the good ol' trash talk. Paging Pagan! By the way I was serious about the rain? What are they saying in NY? Isn't it supposed to thunderstorm???
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Huh ... so the Yankees have four guys with rings.

We have Ruiz, Howard, Bruntlett, Feliz, Rollins, Dobbs, Utley, Victorino, Stairs, Werth, Martinez, Hamels, Durbin, Happ, Eyre, Lidge, Blanton, and Madsen.

That's 18.

I got news for you ... the 26 rings the Yankees have won before don't mean doodly for this series. What matters is the four the current Yanks have vs. the eighteen we have.
    Ian, if you are going to include Martinez, who won his ring with another team, you should also include those Yankees who won rings with other teams. This adds Burnett (Marlins 2003), Marte (White Sox 2005), Molina (Angels 2002) and Damon (Red Sox 2004). It only brings the total up to 8, so the Phillies do have the advantage, but you are at least doing an apples to apples comparison.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, Ian, Ian...didn't you learn about smack talk after my Penguins slapped around your "mighty" Flyers?

Don't worry...you Phillies fans want the Yankees, you'll get them. Be careful what you wish for!

My only regret is that my Dolphins don't play the Feebles this year so we can embarrass them.

Oh wait...we don't have to...they lost to the RAIDERS last week. LOL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Ian, if you are going to include Martinez, who won his ring with another team, you should also include those Yankees who won rings with other teams. This adds Burnett (Marlins 2003), Marte (White Sox 2005), Molina (Angels 2002) and Damon (Red Sox 2004). It only brings the total up to 8, so the Phillies do have the advantage, but you are at least doing an apples to apples comparison.
    It's not my fault he doesn't know his own team well enough to list all the players who have rings.

That's what I asked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Ian, Ian, Ian...didn't you learn about smack talk after my Penguins slapped around your "mighty" Flyers?
    Hardly the same situation! The Flyers were an upstart team that most people weren't even sure were going to make the playoffs. The Pens were one of the Eastern Conference favorites. It wasn't exactly a surprise that the Pens beat them.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I just answered my own question by going to MLB.com and discovering that tonight's game has indeed been postponed until tomorrow.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Well, I just answered my own question by going to MLB.com and discovering that tonight's game has indeed been postponed until tomorrow.
    Sweet ... drag it out, baby. Drag it out.

Now the absolute best the AL team can get is two days rest!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet ... drag it out, baby. Drag it out.

Now the absolute best the AL team can get is two days rest!
    Yea...cause I'd MUCH rather have a bunch of days off to throw the team's momentum off instead of going into the series on a roll.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Yea...cause I'd MUCH rather have a bunch of days off to throw the team's momentum off instead of going into the series on a roll.
    Depends what you consider a roll ... if the Yankees lose game 6, even if they pull it out in game 7 they'll come in having lost 2 of their last 3.

I'll take rest over that kind of "roll" any day!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Depends what you consider a roll ... if the Yankees lose game 6, even if they pull it out in game 7 they'll come in having lost 2 of their last 3.

I'll take rest over that kind of "roll" any day!
    Winning game 7 would wipe out the other two losses. You know that. The emotional high would be at its peak.

Post Thanks / Like

Phillies had longer rest last year and it didn't seem to hurt us. If you have a cohesive team, rest shouldn't hurt you. With some of our injuries, we really need this time off to heal a bit.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Winning game 7 would wipe out the other two losses. You know that. The emotional high would be at its peak.
    That emotional high would not be able to maintained for a best of 7 series. That is only good for game 1 and 2. The wear and tear will catch up with either AL team. Regarding the "rust" factor, the Phillies are having a game today using pitchers who are probably not going to be on the WS roster, but are obviously major league pitching. I mean, Myers pitched in last year's World Series!

Now, should the Angels win tonight, forcing a game 7, the Phillies could have a problem. Say the Angels win Monday. The Phillies will need to hop on a plane to the West Coast first thing Tuesday morning to hopefully offset any jet lag. Now if it is the Yankees, there isn't any problem as all they have to do is take a train. Usually a train is reserved for the Phillies when they play in NY, but obviously things may be different for the World Series and they could be flying, though I think that would be dumb.
    Last edited by Hammer; 10-25-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added a point and fix my typos
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    That emotional high would not be able to maintained for a best of 7 series. That is only good for game 1 and 2. The wear and tear will catch up with either AL team.
    I think playing 7 can go either way. In 04 and 07, the Sox came back from 3-0 and 3-1 to win game 7 then steamrolled the NL teams in the WS.
    But in 03 and 08, the Yankees and Rays looked "out of breath" in the WS.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

It's official!!! Phillies vs Yankees. Hang on everyone!!!!!!!!!! Battle of the pinstripes, Broadway vs Broad Street, Rematch of the Bronx Bombers vs the Whiz Kids...however you wanna look at it, it should be a good matchup!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: