Quantcast need help

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: need help

Post Thanks / Like

Default need help

We are going to WDW in 56 days
    Where we live we will have to leave our house at 5:00am for a 7:30 flight by the time we land and get checked into our resort it will probably be about 2:00pm There is DH, DS(4), and myself. We wil get a counter service lunch at our resort and right now we have 5:00 dinner reservations at 1900 park fare.We will sepnd the afternoon in Downtown Disney. Here comes my problem.

1)dont think we will be ready for dinner that soon and there are no later ADR's for there that day.
    2)T-Rex is booked soild the entire day I looked as early as 2:00pm
    3) DH is not a seafood eater so that cuts out many of the other restaurants in Downtown

What I am trying to decide is :

1)Should we move our ADR"s for Kona to the day we arrive at about 6:30 and do either Garden Grill(i have wanted to try it but DH is not so sure about it) or Grand Floridian Cafe in its spot
    2) do a snack for DH and myself and still do 1900 Park Fare
    3)cancel 1900 Park fare and play it by ear if we have to get room service or counter then so be it
    We always have to eat at Kona Cafe and are eating there for both breakfast and dinner.
    We are on the Deluxe dinning so meals are no problem.
    What are your favorite things at :
    1900 Park fare
    Garden Grill
    Grand Floridian Cafe
    2002- All Star Movies
    2003- All Star Music
    2004- Pop Centry
    2005- Pop Centry
    2006- Polynesian
    2007- Grand Floridian
    2007- Polynesian
    2008- Polynesian
    2009- Polynesian
    2010- Grand Floridian
    Dec. 2011- Grand Floridian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My suggestion would be to leave everything alone and just grab a snack to tide you over until dinner.
    Rather than try to juggle ADRs all around- leave everything as is.

With such a long time between leaving home in the morning and checking in to the Poly- you might want to consider packing lunch or some substantial snack foods in your carryons and eat on the plane- or on the way to the resort after you land.
    That will take the edge off waiting so long for a meal. And that way you will also be ready for a fun dinner at 1900 Park Fare that evening.

If that leaves you with an extra TS- consider adding another character breakfast or switching one dinner up to to a Signature meal.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

You have enough time to keep checking back for a later reservation at 1900 Park Fare. I'm sure you will see people not wanting later reservations, therefore leaving a better opening for you. I wouldn't do anything drastic just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Will Magical Express let you eat on the bus? If so then we will probably grab something at the airport. We are goingto eat Breakfast at our airport before we leave.
    2002- All Star Movies
    2003- All Star Music
    2004- Pop Centry
    2005- Pop Centry
    2006- Polynesian
    2007- Grand Floridian
    2007- Polynesian
    2008- Polynesian
    2009- Polynesian
    2010- Grand Floridian
    Dec. 2011- Grand Floridian

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

we are going the week of Thanksgiving and my DGS6 LOVES dinosaurs!!! I tried to book ANYTHING at T-Rex for that week and there was nothing!!! Then, I had the idea to call them directly and was able to get a choice of days and times that week. If T-Rex is something you would enjoy, I would suggest calling them directly...it worked for me and my grandson is though the moon excited! Have a great trip!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kwhitt3202 View Post
    Will Magical Express let you eat on the bus?
    I don't know if they have a policy- or if they say anything about not eating or not.
    I do know we have had a snack on the bus more than once. And I have seen people get on with take-out bags from the food court as well.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: